Moonspear and where do we feature? just listen to teacher
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
hydra had sympathetic counsel - up until you think only of yourself edged from her words, denouncing the dark sister’s opinion of arcturus’ stormy mood. his gaze lifted then, imbued not with hurt but outrage — how could she possibly accuse arcturus of being selfish?

of all the siblings alive, only he had never left the mountain to pursue his own selfish whims. of all the siblings he had acted selflessly, stifling his own wants and needs for the benefit of his family. when yami disappeared, it had been arcturus to scout endlessly with his father. when revui disappeared, it had been arcturus who ranged long and ceaseless through fell and forest, calling until his voice had gone hoarse. and when hydra had called for her family to shed blood at her bidding, it had been arcturus that came, ready to kill unquestioningly on her behalf. and then, when his parents fought arcturus had struggled to remain neutral, to hold together the tension of the family that slipped through his grasp like water.. selfish? his head spun.

how many times had he served the mountain before himself? how many days had he lived? some three hundred count; and of those days, he had never strayed from his family, nor gone against the wish of any. everything he did was in the benefit of his family. when his father or mother ordered him to go or stand down, he did so without compunction. when hydra or lyra commanded him, he fulfilled their wishes. he was the family’s little marionette, trotted out like some family’s hackney pony on display to do the bidding of any ostregan at any point they wished to use him.

well, no longer.

his eyes flashed at such an unfounded accusation. charon was right — hydra could not see reason. no, arcturus growled, finding his jaw set and head held proudly. i have been selfless; it is you, and father, and mother, that have your own selfish interests at heart. he knew to speak against her, his idol, his sister, his confidant, came at a terrible cost — but arcturus could not be backed into a corner any longer, and like a feral beast caged, felt desperation start to sink in.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
RE: and where do we feature? just listen to teacher - by Arcturus - May 22, 2019, 03:28 PM