Moonspear so i waited many years, held back the pain behind my tears
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus felt shame still, under hydra’s knowing gaze. he was genuinely remorseful, but even then knew if he had told hydra his father’s secret he would have betrayed his father.

arcturus knew why he had lied to her — to protect his father, and by proxy, the spear; of that, he was implicitly loyal.. but would hydra look past his treason and see, or was it another notch of betrayal in her life? arcturus did not know, nor did he wish to feebly explain his reasons.. for it was liars and cowards that made excuses, and arcturus liked to believe he was neither.

his gaze was low, though he felt hydra’s eyes burning into him. i will not lie to you again. he said, bringing his muzzle upward to glance upon her. he noticed she was watching him shrewdly; it took great pains for him to speak so baldly, but he did so anyway. i will always serve the mountain. he was not a man of outlandish promises, and he did not pledge himself blindly — nor did he want hydra to think he was a wolf that gave his loyalty freely. from her, it had been earned — but arcturus’ eyes were always set ever ahead — who came after her, and would they serve the same purpose?

no, he would never bring himself to lie to hydra again.. but that promise might be a blade that dug in deep, for most souls did not like bald honesty and practiced their lives shadowed in deceit.

a burden had been lifted from the boy, though he did not know it yet. he would discover it soon enough.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
RE: so i waited many years, held back the pain behind my tears - by Arcturus - June 14, 2019, 08:36 AM