Dragoncrest Cliffs I'll make a man out of you
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
946 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Like radar, Rosencrantz could detect holes his pupil’s amateur form. The master left no space for Njord to recover. Snap, snap, snap! His gnashing teeth pressed into the red-tail’s defenses relentlessly. He struggled to comprehend the correct course of action to take, mind mired. He wasn’t thinking, he was just doing.

Always be ready, Rosencrantz said sternly. An enemy would give no quarter. This was an important lesson. Njord nodded as his sides heaved from effort – physical and mental. There was a mind-body connection that he lacked… but eventually, he would hone his skills like a sharpened blade.

Again he came. Snap, snap, snap! His clacking fangs threatened Njord’s defenses once again as he pushed into his zone. He couldn’t back up forever! With great effort Njord turned to the side and made a move to counter his sensei.
~
They would continue on like this until Njord could no longer stand, completely exhausted from training. Rosencrantz would spar him again and again, training the seafarer and sharing his knowledge of the art of battle.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
I'll make a man out of you - by Njord - December 27, 2020, 03:49 PM
RE: I'll make a man out of you - by Rosencrantz - December 27, 2020, 11:16 PM
RE: I'll make a man out of you - by Njord - December 28, 2020, 09:59 AM
RE: I'll make a man out of you - by Rosencrantz - December 28, 2020, 09:06 PM
RE: I'll make a man out of you - by Njord - January 01, 2021, 05:22 PM
RE: I'll make a man out of you - by Rosencrantz - January 05, 2021, 01:46 PM
RE: I'll make a man out of you - by Njord - January 06, 2021, 08:32 PM
RE: I'll make a man out of you - by Rosencrantz - January 08, 2021, 07:35 PM
RE: I'll make a man out of you - by Njord - January 20, 2021, 10:47 PM