Dragoncrest Cliffs ae dilla marjaaniyaan
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
946 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist

The seafarer could see concern deepen the lines in Meerkat’s expression, orange eyes sat beneath knitted brows against the darkened smudge of her socket – which only made her eyes even brighter by contrast. A wash of guilt rushed through Njord. He could feel his sour gossip curdling the mood, but a piece of him was relieved to hear that Kigipigak wasn’t Meerkat’s cohort. Maybe the yellowbelly comment was just coincidence after all…

Njord loosed a small sigh when Meerkat’s responded enthusiastically. He was thankful she had the good social grace to continue the flow of conversation and relieve him of his misstep. “Verra good!” Njord smiled as his red tail curled happily.

“Dragoncrest isna like Duskfire, but she ‘as her own beauty,” Njord explained as he turned to lead Meerkat into Sapphique. “The hills ‘ere dinna wind me like tha glacier,” he added with a laugh.

“We’re in tha lowlands, now,” he explained, “tha Tangle makes fer a nice natural barrier on tha border,” he gestured as they passed the old, dense wood. The couple made their way through the clearing and its copses of trees until they arrived at a river with sandy banks. Njord picked out a good spot to cross, the saltmarsh on the other side. “That there’s a place where Erzulie can find plenty of medicines fer ‘er store. Tha water is salty and ya canna drink it… the plot must be verra old, but the seabirds love it,” he explained.

Then, Njord took Meerkat Northeast and they moved along a great spine of raised earth that plateaued the giant timbers of the coast. “We call this place tha Greatpine,” he told his guest. He guided her towards some of the tallest trees in all of Sapphique. Woodpeckers noisily hammered the trunks and the scent of small game was fresh on the snow in this towering forest.

Then, they wound their was towards the next location. “An this is Mossblossom…” Njord’s glowing face didn’t quite match the snowy, sleepy glen. “Ah… well, in the Spring this place is jus’ perfect. I’ve ‘ad many a nap under that tree,” he gestured towards the crooked boughs of the area’s centerpiece with a laugh. “You’d love tha flowers, too, I’m sure,” Njord added. “Purple blooms fer miles.”

They passed the empty Roja den and arrived at Glintwater lake. It seemed like a good place for a rest. “Ow am I doin?” he asked the master, eager to live up to the high standards she kept. “Av' ya eaten lunch, Meerkat? Can I fetch ya a fish?” he asked, hoping to keep his company in good spirits with his coastal hospitality.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Meerkat - December 16, 2021, 04:42 PM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Njord - December 17, 2021, 02:10 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Meerkat - December 17, 2021, 09:48 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Njord - December 22, 2021, 12:07 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Meerkat - December 22, 2021, 12:57 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Njord - December 22, 2021, 01:42 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Meerkat - December 22, 2021, 10:12 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Njord - December 24, 2021, 02:44 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Rosalyn - December 24, 2021, 10:15 AM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Meerkat - December 27, 2021, 12:20 PM
RE: ae dilla marjaaniyaan - by Njord - December 27, 2021, 08:03 PM