Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Private 
True to his word, Njord departed for Qeya river on the full moon towards to Kigipigak’s encampment. He had invited @Loko along. For one thing, Njord saw it as an opportunity to better bond with his son and smooth over any rough patches between them. For another, it was his responsibility to prepare the lad for the many dangers outside their borders. @Meerkat had recounted the perilous run-in with Nyra – or as she called herself, Fury (the name seemed fitting). If this wolf was capable of what Avicus foretold, then it was a real possibility that one day they would find a child of Sapphique torn to shreds on their doorstep.

He kissed Meerkat goodbye, thinking about the potential of new life she carried, and gathered Loko before setting off in the wee hours of the morning. They moved at a good clip. Loko was an athletic boy with the corded silhouette of his father. If it wasn’t for his young face one might have thought him a man grown.

“I’ve brokered a deal with a Northern warrior for trainin’ lessons,” he explained. “He’s a braw man, best fighter I know…” Njord reserved his own curdled opinions of Kigipigak’s pompous attitude for another time. It would do no good to speak of them now. “His name is @Kigipigak an he lives with a woman… an’ she is with child. They need help huntin’.” Njord’s gaze looked at his son as if to say, ‘so you better be on your best behavior.’ “I agreed ta join their huntin’ party in exchange for mentorin’. We’ll be stayin’ a few days at a time.” Loko was a budding young hunter, and there was no doubt in the seafarer’s mind that he would be an asset.

The timbre of Njord’s voice dropped, tone serious. “It’s important you ken how ta properly defend yerself, lad… an I can think of no better tutor.”

They arrived at the river as the taiga’s alpenglow began to turn night into day. Njord woofed a greeting chuff and waited for Kigipigak or his shadow to emerge.

@Sakhmet
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
mysterious as the dark side of the moon - by Njord - February 16, 2022, 11:35 PM
RE: mysterious as the dark side of the moon - by Loko - February 19, 2022, 09:46 PM
RE: mysterious as the dark side of the moon - by Kigipigak - February 20, 2022, 10:54 PM
RE: mysterious as the dark side of the moon - by Njord - February 24, 2022, 03:29 PM
RE: mysterious as the dark side of the moon - by Loko - February 24, 2022, 06:47 PM
RE: mysterious as the dark side of the moon - by Kigipigak - February 24, 2022, 07:04 PM
RE: mysterious as the dark side of the moon - by Loko - March 26, 2022, 09:52 AM