Moonspear why does everybody say it like that?
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Sorry for the long wait! Hope you don’t mind that this is my last reply… gotta trim down my log!

Njord read the subtext of Quennell’s posture and moved a bit closer, sat beside where he lay. It was evident to the man that Quennell harbored strong emotions, just as he had before the bear had splintered them all.

“Tis alright, lad,” he assured genuinely. A silence fell over them as Njord’s sea-colored gaze scanned the state of the poor, young man. “Yer here now. Safe.” He touched Quennell’s red nape with his snout – a motion of encouragement.

The absence of Swordfish and the crater Sobo has left in his heart made something in the man suddenly shift. He felt responsible. As if Quennell was his own flesh and blood. A son.

Njord blinked as his spirit ached. Maybe he would never admit that sentiment to anyone.

“Rest easy. Ah’ll keep watch,” he instructed as Njord’s gaze shifted to the treeline and beyond, lost in his thoughts.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
why does everybody say it like that? - by Quennell - February 15, 2023, 03:15 PM
RE: why does everybody say it like that? - by Njord - February 15, 2023, 06:54 PM
RE: why does everybody say it like that? - by Quennell - February 15, 2023, 07:17 PM
RE: why does everybody say it like that? - by Njord - February 20, 2023, 09:55 PM
RE: why does everybody say it like that? - by Quennell - February 22, 2023, 09:29 PM
RE: why does everybody say it like that? - by Njord - March 21, 2023, 02:31 PM