Laird*
952 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Totally forgot that Njord hadn’t met Asivaq, d’oh

Kigipigak’s wife, Asivaq, explained.

The Laird’s expression was sober as his eyes fell to the tussling children at their parent’s feet. One child lost. A band of trespassing wolves in the Strath.

Njord’s gaze turned to connect with Meerkat’s in silent, stern conversation. They had enjoyed a peaceful life in the Hinterlands, but these developments were troublesome. Though the Strath wolves had yet to flirt with the Copse’s borders, the amount of foot traffic near their home, and the disregard for the Cedar Sweep settlement, did not bode well.

Asivaq puncutaed her summary with resolve. The small family planned to leave.

In the next breath, Meerkat extended an olive branch. The Sveijarn-Cortens had long tried to absorb Kigipigak and Asivaq’s small family into their village without success. Recently, they had laid off the pressure. Things had been going well. How quickly everything turned upside down.

Njord was surprised, then, when Kigipigak refused Meerkat’s offer.

An intrusive thought entered Njord’s mind. If Kigipigak’s children had been born into a larger community, could their infant have been saved?

He looked to each of them. “Asivaq… Kigipigak, my Aokatti… please join us,” Njord implored. “Ye needn’t walk this path alone. We’d be stronger ta’gether,” he explained. “Our children would grow up beside one another. Ta’gether, we could defend our borders well.” Selfishly, the Copse’s current lack of physical strength crossed Njord’s mind.

“Meerkat’s sister… she kens medicine,” he added as his gaze fell to the gunmetal pup dubbed Sisamat. “Please stay. It doesnae have tae be forever. Regain yer strength. Let yer children grow. Settle a new village when they’re older.”

Njord spoke all he could to spare Napatuqvik from Natigvik’s fate.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
i was supposed to be sent away - by Ariadne - April 24, 2024, 02:28 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Tautukpik - April 24, 2024, 02:38 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Kigipigak - April 24, 2024, 02:47 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Njord - April 24, 2024, 04:26 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Ariadne - April 25, 2024, 12:07 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Meerkat - April 25, 2024, 12:14 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Kigipigak - April 25, 2024, 01:57 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Njord - April 26, 2024, 10:29 AM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Ariadne - April 26, 2024, 12:08 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Meerkat - April 26, 2024, 12:25 PM
RE: i was supposed to be sent away - by Kigipigak - April 26, 2024, 02:26 PM