Ouroboros Spine down by the water
Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — siv
Private 
feel free to consider it a read only gift drop-off if you don't have the space <3

With her she brought the dark trader fur she had returned with.

@Ariadne might recognize it, she would at least smell the glacier water of her sister upon it if not. Within it were trinkets that she had collected from here to the Moonsong, the small space between the two lands held plenty to enjoy.

An old bone, that she had unearthed and cleansed, worn by both time and grooves of many teeth.

Along with that bone she had discovered a broken part of an antler in kinder condition than the tooth-worn bone.

Last was a beaver's tail. Fatty inside but tough if left to cured on the outside.

These were things nearly spilling forth from the fur they had been wrapped in, now meant for family. For her nieces and nephew, for her sistraa turned anaa.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Delta
writing letters addressed to the fire
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
I always have space for you! Sorry for the delay!

The smell of the glacier enticed Ariadne out of her ulaq, despite her disheveled appearance. Puffy, red eyes and unkempt fur indicated she had been in tears. Being by herself while the children were under @Vairë's supervision, she gave in to her tears. Keeping it together had been a struggle, but there was a sense of relief in finally letting herself cry.  

Once she was outside, she started crying once more, touched by her sister's thoughtfulness when she saw Calloype and the gift in front of her. Sistraa. It is done, she croaked, wiping her eyes before embracing her and burying her face in her sibling's neck.
Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — siv
<33

She held the small frame of her sister. Protectively her head draped over Ariadne's own so that she might be shielded from everything else in this moment.

You are so strong, She whispered softly.

Callyope could not have imagined that her sister made this decision lightly. There were children involved in the matters!

Let us sit together and share. Words, feelings, a meal. Whatever her sister wished for.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Delta
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
She finally spoke after a long silence, admitting, I do not feel strong. I feel sad for the children. They are so sad—and confused! Which was understandable given the circumstances; their world had been turned upside down. 

She slowly separated herself from their hug and revealed, It was surprisingly ... easy. He was mostly cordial, except when he insulted our people for not allowing him to believe his beliefs. Her blood boiled for a quick and fleeting moment—aya! They had allowed for him to practice his Tartok ways! But, now that it is done, I am personally happier. Good riddance, aya!
Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — siv
Of course, she wanted to say. That is the way of children.

Only she said no such thing. She was no mother, only sister. Her head only nodded softly as she offered her sister two listening ears.

She once again thought of a golden warrior of Tartok. Of anger and strife coming to Moonglow through these misunderstandings of beliefs.

"Tartok is not just a people. It is a creed."

She could not say why she wanted to see @Kigipigak now, to hear his voice like she once had. Full of wisdom of places beyond here. It was an unbecoming and perhaps terrible thought when faced with her sister, the now ex-wife of him.

What did I say? Happiness can be brought to you. Her smile was one of knowing and not so much of joy.

Your path forward will be filled with much of it. I feel this. Because she promised herself to be there, supporting it and cultivating it. She had not realized some shiny rim of tears had gathered in her eyes as she looked upon Ariadne now.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Delta
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Grateful for her sister's support, she smiled warmly at her words and nodded. You were right, she admitted. And I will continue to believe you—thank you, sister. 

However, her own happiness was just one piece of the puzzle. It was only natural that her children were unhappy, and it was now important to shift the attention to them. While there would be times when she wasn't around, she would dote upon them whenever she could. 

Next, she asked her sister, How have you been? She had been the primary focus for a while, but it was time for them to change their focus.
Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — siv
Her cheeks flushed.

As if she had expected no one to ask after her! What did she have to say? She should not speak on it. Maybe less for the fear of a taboo and more concerned that saying too much might mean nothing would come true.

Yet still her mouth opened —

I mean to become a hunter. Her ears felt hot atop her head. There is a man who wishes to hunt with me too.

But I do not know. I am so scared. Of this feeling, of these things.

Her head shook softly nearly attempting to dismiss herself and feeling a sudden swelling of guilt.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Delta
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
She whispered in amazement, leaning in eagerly as she inquired, A man?  She gently rested a paw on her sister's and gave it a reassuring squeeze, hoping to catch her eye. Please, she practically begged, tell me more!
Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — siv
She was begged!

Her cheeks burned, burned, burned. A brilliant summer sun under her skin that could not be clouded in that moment.

He has come here to find a husband for his sister. I fear I have distracted him from this! She laughed and it was just as warm as her cheeks. He spoke to anaa and then we walked the glacier together.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Delta
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
They'd already walked together?

[Image: giphy.gif]

With girlish excitement, she let out a squeal! She was astounded by how fast things had moved—he had talked to anaa, after all!—and she was genuinely thrilled for her sister. 

However, there was still a great deal for her to uncover about him!

I would like to know more about him. Please, tell me more! she asked with enthusiasm.
Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — siv
How much could she say!

He is handsome. Pale with dark points and — She felt silly! She also wished she could see him now. Have him stand here and be seen by those that mattered to her. Anaa had already seen him, but now she wished for her sistraa to as well.

He is called White Elk. I would like for you to see him soon. Maybe hunt with us?

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Delta
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
His name was White Elk, and Callyope wanted them to hunt together. Her enthusiastic nod was accompanied by a resounding, Yes! Tell me the time and place and I will be there. 

She tried to imagine the man in her mind's eye, and, of course, she thought that he was quite handsome. She was thrilled for her sister. How did you meet this man? she asked, blinking him away to focus on her sister once more.
Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — siv
Ah!

With three hunters, they could bring down a feast and it would be wonderful! Yet she knew they must also follow their skills too and not just the grand whims of one young woman so desperate to become a great hunter.

By accident, Her laugh was warm and sweet. In the silverlight lands between here and Moonspear. It must be a good sign to meet between the lands of moon villages, no?

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Delta
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
A rush of thrill traveled down her spine as she nodded and confirmed, That is an excellent sign! It felt as if Sedna had played a part in bringing the White Elk to Callyope, and it heightened Ariadne's excitement to meet him. 

Then, a bit more seriously, she added, I would like to meet this man sooner than later.
Loner
308 Posts
Ooc — siv
It will be so.

Just as serious as her sister now. Soon she might have the want to say the things in her heart when she thought of White Elk.

It would be better for meetings to happen before this!

You will tell me if I am blind to things?

Her voice was a whisper.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Delta
763 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Of course, she pledged quietly, placing her paw on her sister's. I will be your eyes and your ears, and I will share everything that I notice.