Broken Boulder daydream believer
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Pack Activity 
Pack meeting of sorts? Lily's trying something for camaraderie. @Alarian @Delight @Lanawyn @Queenie @Liri @Korei Julia @Horosk @Semira @Xahi @Vilkas @Brennan @Kavik (and also @Steele since I'm assuming you're joining soon) Not mandatory but would love to see everyone! Next round starts in a week.

Ever since Ioa's death, Lily had felt as if something needed to be done about the state of life in Bracken Sanctuary. Their numbers had swelled recently, and no longer could they afford to be withdrawn, barely seeing each other. Packs functioned best on camaraderie, where everyone was indelibly bonded, if not by blood then by friendship. With all the new members, now was the best time to come together.

The dark-furred girl padded to Paradise Garden, the polished leg bone of the deer they'd taken down between her jaws. It was a nice, sunny day, and the butterflies were out in droves, fluttering around the beautiful wildflowers. She took a second to breathe it all in, eyes closed--a silent meditation, something she hadn't taken time to do in a while. Set down the bone at her forepaws, and smiled.

And then she tipped her head back in a howl, not to one or two members, but to the entire group of wolves that now called Broken Boulder home. Whether they would all come was anyone's guess; she didn't hold quite the authority that Alarian or Delight did, but she was a senior member here, and she hoped for a good turnout.

Daddy had done this, and she wondered how the dynamics would play out in a non-familial pack. They had been spread out on the plains, and every moon or so, Robert(o) would gather the pack in a sort of a "state of things" meeting. A time to share thoughts, air concerns, talk a little bit about yourself and what you had been doing. Of course, being family, they knew a lot about each other already, which made Lily think that this strategy could be even more beneficial in this scenario.

It was an icebreaker. A chance to get to know everyone at last. She'd been lax in her duties; she didn't yet know everyone by heart, and there were a couple she had not met at all. That would end today, she hoped. As Consultant, Lily was responsible for their hearts, their state of mind--and she'd seen enough internal discord from Alarian to know that things were not as good as they could be.

Lily brought down her head, blinking. A butterfly settled on her nose, and she sneezed, giggling as it flew away again. Watching, waiting. Hopeful.
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia heard the call. and off she went, a skip in her step. Prancing along, giggling to herself as she went through the flower fields. And what a fun time that was, skipping through the petals. And then, there she was. There she had arrived, to the sight of Lily waiting there. "Hi Lily!" she cheered happily, then sat her rump down.
LIVΞ BY MY OWN LΛW
75 Posts
Ooc — Tori
vilkas just wraps up a patrol on the southern border when lily's summons rises through the air, inviting all of the pack to join her. her voice becomes increasingly familiar to the firebrand; it makes sense. thus far, she's the one he's spent the most time with. the raptorial cipher makes his way towards where her howl had risen — after he refreshes the borders a stale part of the borders. his pace is an easy trot, smashing and disrupting the flowers that dominate the field he trudges his way through. the nord is a mixture of amused and bewildered that he feels like he's in some sort of fairy-tale as he moves through the flower field, heavily populated with butterflies of all colors and sizes. thankfully, however, it was not some sort of fairy-tale and soon he's spared his unorthodox thoughts he spots lily's dark coat nearby.

vilkas' steps cease as he draws nearer, seaweed green gaze going from lily to the ivory she-wolf reclining carefree nearby. the firebrand says nothing as his ears cup forth to attention and he sniffs at the air. it is heavily perfumed by the flowers but he is able to discern lily and the ivory woman's scents. gradually, the firebrand's gaze slides back to lily, curious as to what this meeting was about.
he has the holy fire of the gods within him,
that leaves his body gaunt, his blood burning,
and his eyes intoxicating.
142 Posts
Ooc —
After He joins
Steele was laying down licking his paws when he heard her howl. It was faint but it was for the whole pack, his ears cupped forward. He lifted up on his paws and stretched forward and then stretched backward, his jaw dropped open and he yawned. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining as he moved toward the sound of the howl.

The wind blew his silver fur back as he loped, he neared Paradise Garden. He wondered what this meant, he wasn’t in the other pack for too long which meant they had never had a pack meeting so this was a first. Steele made his way close to the back of everyone and sat down, waiting for instruction. He hadn’t yet met many wolves here, just Lily. Seeing them all here for the first time made him smile a bit.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
By now, every thought that Queenie had pertained to her pregnancy and more specifically to the upcoming birth. Suns rose and set once and twice over again while she continued to swell; she was beginning to wonder if she might explode before the pups even made it out. With her new "rank" (if one could call it that, seeing as no one seemed to give it any regard), Queenie was beginning to feel more at home within these foreign borders, enough so as to answer those strange calls which somehow called for her, too.

Upon arrival, she saw faces that she'd never come across and smelled scents that she'd only noticed in passing. With a loud huff and a plop of her bottom, Queenie made her presence known in a small corner of the meeting place.
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik had been exploring wooded part of the territory. It was too sunny today, and the large trees provided some much appreciated shade. The occasional thorn bushes made for a somewhat difficult trek, but he didn't mind; it was preferable to the unwanted warmth the sun would provide.

He heard an unfamiliar howl in the distance. Of course, any howl heard here would be unfamiliar to him right now. He briefly considered ignoring it to stay in the cool refuge of the trees, but ultimately decided to follow the sound to its source in case it was important.

He soon found himself in a sunny clearing full of wildflowers. To avoid startling anyone, He gave a low huff as he approached the group of unknown wolves. Finding a spot on the outskirts of the group, he took a seat, the sun glinting off his shiny, black coat as he moved.
I'm no good without you
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He wasn't far when he heard the call, but Alarian was late nonetheless; he had been collecting herbs in the woods nearby, and passed the meeting place entirely in a hurry to store them in his den. Though he had always been fleet of foot, his limp slowed him considerably. He arrived slightly breathless and clouded in the thick, sweet scent of the herbs he had been collecting.
Paradise Garden was as beautiful as ever, colorful and swarming with butterflies. He took a moment to breathe in the smell of wildflowers around him, casting a curious glance towards Lily. Many of their packmates had already assembled; briefly a feeling of inadequacy flashed through him. Alarian's gaze drifted then to the bone at her feet. Curiosity ultimately overruled all other emotion, so he sat and waited to see what his friend had in mind.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

some days its easier, some harder: today the spectre of the dead girl hangs over him hard, making him feel weak and miserable. why be so affected by the death of someone he hadn't even known? who -- as far as he can tell -- wasn't even firmly established within bracken. death is sad, sure, but god knows he's seen things worse and more personal.

but he still cannot make his limbs stir quick enough when lily's call rings out for them. delight comes late, trailing behind alarian, trying to ease the guilty hunch of his shoulder before he attracts too much attention. apologetically he nods to the girl who summoned them before sneaking his way to queenie's side, grateful suddenly for her rock-solid presence in the midst of all this upheaval. once he finds his spot he takes a moment to cast his gaze around the gathering, distracting himself from his thoughts with memorizing the faces of each of his new packmates -- he hasn't done very well with intergrating yet, does not know most of them, and if nothing else this is an opportunity to learn, he hopes.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The girl was returning from a failed hunt, none too pleased with herself. She limps home, heat burning under her skin like an itch to be scratched. 

Gods, she wanted to run. 

She'd taken her legs for granted. She'd always counted on them to help her escape, whether from foes or her own emotions. Running, flying, through the forest had always made her feel better. 

And now, she could barely walk. 

Her melancholy was disturbed by Lanawyn's call. She could hear that it wasn't urgent and for a moment, the healer considered not answering, just ignoring it and wallowing in her den. 

Before she could command her snowy paws to do otherwise, she was straggling towards the gathering.

Liri would have been surprised to see how many new faces there were but currently she had a dark cloud hanging over her head. She settled in with the others, silent and putting a smile on.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

18 Posts
Ooc —
He was hunting when he heard the call, but the endeavor was forgotten quickly at the sound. Brennan didn't necessarily recognize it immediately, but he knew better than to avoid it. It was probably time to get more involved with the pack. Since he had joined, Bracken Sanctuary had ballooned suddenly. He couldn't pinpoint how he felt about it. Somewhere between unsettled and intrigued, maybe.
There were many wolves already gathered when he arrived. Most were still unfamiliar, so he settled near the outskirts of the group, studying each of his packmates carefully. Finally, his eyes settled on the one who had made the call, and he waited quietly for whatever this was to begin.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
They came, one by one, not all of them--but enough. "Hullo, Korei," Lily greeted, giving her friend a playful nudge to the shoulder. Vilkas was next, and she gave him an unguarded smile; Steele, Queenie, Kavik. . .then Alarian and Delight, Liri and Brennan. They all settled down around her, and she grinned, wagging her tail. She wished Lanawyn were here; she must be busy with something.

"Thank you for coming," she began, her voice a little tremulous. Taking a pause to regain composure, she sucked in a breath before continuing. "Back home, my father has led my family pack for many seasons. In all our history, it was peaceful and happy. I have to believe that the councils he called every third moon were a big contributor to that goodwill."

She dipped her muzzle down at the bone at her paws. "He'd gather us all together to share what was on our minds--what we had been doing, what we were proud of, what concerns we had, if any. We stayed connected, that way, though our territory was vast and open." Her eyes drifted past each wolf in turn. "We are not bonded by blood but allegiance; we chose each other. That means that getting to know one another is even more important than it was in my family.

"We're going to pass this bone around the circle,"
Lily explained. "When you get the bone, tell us your name, your trade and role here, what you've been up to, what you're proud of, and any concerns you might have about the Sanctuary." She smiled softly. "I will try to address those concerns one-on-one, as best I can. After you speak, pass the bone to another, someone who hasn't gone yet."

She placed her paw upon the bone. "So, erm, I'll start. My name is Lily. I'm the Consultant here, a counselor for all of you to talk to when you need it. I've been trying to look after everyone, and practicing my hunting as well. I'm proud that our numbers have grown in the past few moons--and I'm concerned that larger numbers might make some feel isolated, hidden. That's why I'm doing this today." Lowering her head, she picked up the bone and padded over to @Korei Julia, placing it at her feet. She smiled at her, an expectant gleam in her eyes. As a long-standing member of the Sanctuary, and a wonderful heart, Korei should go next.

Round 2! Here are the rules: the posting order of last round is no longer enforced; instead, whomever you pass the bone to is next! Be sure to tag the person you choose so that they get the notification. Since I'm out of town this coming weekend, this round will end whenever everyone is done?. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me on Discord.
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

As was typical, she had shown up late; she had been far on the outskirts of the territory when Lily called.  She settled in alongside her brother, looked around the group and listened just as Lily was beginning to speak.

— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei smiled at the greeting she received from Lily. Lily was always nice, and she liked that about her. Much like herself in fact, always being nice. As she listened, it seemed as if they were...to play a game? Was it a game? Her tail began to wag a little out of anticipation. 

Korei paid attention to Lily's turn, then soon it was her own turn. "Um...uh...I'm Korei" she said, not really one for talking before a group. "I look at the stars...And I uh....I feel chipper. I don't think I am concerned..." She looked about, wondering who to pass to. And pointed at one of them.

@Queenie
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
This wasn't really Queenie's scene, and the whole sensitive-sharing vibe wasn't doing her much good either. Nonetheless, she figured that she ought to participate to appease her packmates. Korei passed the bone and Queenie accepted, albeit with noticeable hesitation. I'm Queenie, she announced, Mercenary and scout. I can't do much on account of being pregnant, but I guess my biggest concern is safety and border maintenance. 

There wasn't anything that Queenie could think of that made her proud; joining the Sanctuary meant losing what little pride she had left. Concerns? Well, that was a lengthy list, but she didn't want to be a bone hog. Looking to @Delight, Queenie moved forward to pass the bone.
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

oh. it's a cute idea, and he likes it, but boy is he not in a place where he wants to share. unfortunately if he's gonna be chancellor here he doesn't really have a choice. anxiously he shifts his weight from paw to paw, trying to channel his energy into memorizing the names attached to the faces present. lily he already knows -- korei he doesn't, though she doesn't offer much beyond stargazing (his heart pangs thinking of mato). he knows queenie's going to pick him before she even starts to speak and spends her brief speech trying to decide what he'll say when -- the bone comes to him.

right. "my name is delight," he begins, fidgeting the bone underneath his paw, "and i'm -- a historian. i.. collect pack histories, personal histories, that sort of thing." the other questions lily proposed are -- difficult. what's he proud of? nothing, at the moment. he let his pack fall apart, he's entering into fatherhood with no clue what he's doing, he doesn't want to even be awake most days. and his concerns are little to do with the sanctuary and -- entirely to do with himself. he clears his throat and adds sheepishly, "i'm just, um, glad to be here, so, thank you."

he can't give the bone to queenie obviously -- shoot. he could give it to alarian but suddenly he worries that will make him look ... like he's not making an effort to intergrate. which, well, isn't wrong. but still. he picks up the point and picks someone at random, anxiously laying it in front of @Xahi.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
The Green-Eyed Ghost Lives On
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
(Mobile, sorry, my computer hasn’t been working lately)

Xahi arrived a bit later than the others, dipping her heads at the familiar faces and offering welcoming smiles to the newer ones. She listened carefully to Lily’s instructions, becoming excited and nervous at the prospect of sharing. Xahi had been a bit absent lately, and part of the reason was her apprehension at meeting new faces. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to interact, she had just never been a part of a family so large before.

The girl smiled and nodded, smiled and nodded at each speaker, hoping to ease any tension. She attempted to be particularly sweet to the young wolf who passed the nine to her, as he seemed quite nervous. She offered a soft “thanks, friend” to him before turning back to look at the rest of the members. The dark-faced girl cleared her throat; her voice had been a little rusty from lack of use lately. “Hello,” the young woman’s voice slipped back into its deep, honey-thick tone as her emerald eyes grazed the surrounding wolves. “My name is Xahi, I hunt and, similar to Lily, would like to become a counselor for Bracken Sanctuary.” The woman paused for a moment, contemplating her answers to the rest of the question. “I’m very proud to see how strong and diverse our pack has become, and I would like to see us become closer as a family. I believe we have the potential to become a tight-knit group, and I don’t doubt that we will.” With that, Xahi gave a final grin and passed the bone to @Liri
~ X A H I ~
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The sylph takes the bone, not lifting her eyes from the ground. She dislikes being looked at by so many and longs for the time to come when she can slip away into the night. The others have told their own bits and pieces - the ones they want to share - and it seems now she must as well.

With a soft clearing of her throat, the fae smiles at all of them and begins to speak. "I'm Liri Blackfoot. I'm a Caregiver here, a healer. I would like to study further and gain a mastery as a Medic so I can help others."

That seemed like enough, she'd shared what she could - admittedly, not much. Without overthinking it, Liri passed the stick on to the closest wolf, @Vilkas.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
posting in here to wrap it up because this thing is oooolllllld and half of these wolves are gone, lmao

The bone was passed from wolf to wolf, each of them sharing their stories. Lily was thrilled to see them opening up. Some of them struggled, she saw, but that would change with time. They would grow to know each other, grow comfortable with each other. She was grateful that they had made the effort, at least, and had heeded her summons.

"Thank you," she said, moved beyond adequate words. She grinned, white teeth flashing against her black lips. "I know that was kind of awkward," she added, giggling. "But hopefully we've gotten to know each other a little better. We're family here, after all. And if any of you need to talk, anytime, I'm here. Come and find me."

She padded away as everyone began to disperse, engaging herself in conversation with Korei. "Thanks for starting things off," she murmured to her friend, smiling, their shoulders brushing as they walked off. Her fiery eyes flashed to Vilkas; Lily would find him later. For now, she basked in the success of her first pack meeting--and was suffused with bubbly excitement for the next one.