Stone Circle You requested a walk
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Private 
@Greyback set on her return on the 17th of October. Before Rueger visited.

Valette returned to Easthollow with her mouth full of bones. It was probably quite a peculiar sight. The female had taken some of her mother's bones with her. It helped that her mother had been small, so her skull was quite small as well. Valette had taken her mother's skull, a vertebre, and a femur. Not much had been left after several years in the ground. Valette went straight to the stones and placed them down. She then howled to the pack that she returned. It also let Steph and Greyback know that they didn't need to look out for the whole pack anymore.

Valette then started digging to the stone right from Steady's stone. This one she was going to call 'The mother stone'. It must have been a strange sight to see her digging by a stone and have a wolf skull close to her. It was strange for Valette as well to think this had been her mother. Valette knew her mother deserved a place amongst the stones. It would make her ties to this land even stronger, also for that of her children. She knew her mother would have loved her grandchildren. Plus, she liked the idea of her own mother being the spirit that would become the Mother Stone. Perhaps, Steady's stone should become the Warrior stone, as he died in battle. She would have to think about that.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
It didn't take long for Greyback to come running at the sound of Valette's call, her voice recognizable to him in an instant. He emerged from the forest with his head low and looked around before spotting her with a- Greyback squinted at the sight, not sure what it was. He neared closer and climbed towards the Stone Circle to meet her, surprised to find her holding the bones of a wolf who looked to have aged in the ground.

"Valette?" he spoke softly, but not of fear. "Welcome home," He watched curiously as she made her way to the stone and began digging to the right of the tallest, Steady's stone. If she was digging to bury the remains then perhaps it was someone in her family who had passed. A sibling? He didn't want to think it was the Nikai who she spoke of before her travels. 

He waited patiently behind her. "Would you like help digging?" he added. The man had no need to ask who the wolf was, knowing it was someone to special to her. A name wouldn't change that. If she wanted to explain then he would gladly listen. It seemed if all he did was listen these days, not that he minded. Greyback liked to listen to what others had to say, especially Valette's.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked up when she heard someone speak her name. As she looked up she realized that it was Greyback. She offered him a smile. Probably by now, the male had found out that Stark left the pack. It was not a secret. She had delayed her travels for a few days before leaving to Morningside. Now she had returned, she figured news had traveled that she had been away and that Stark was gone from the pack. "Thank you," she spoke just as softly.

"Yes, please," she spoke after the male asked if she needed some assistance. He didn't ask about Stark or how she felt. He also didn't ask anything about the skulls. She kind of liked that, she wanted her mother's bones safely in the earth before explaining. She put some more effort into digging. Luckily, it didn't need to be as big to fit a whole body. When she deemed it deep enough she placed the skull carefully on the bottom of it pit, followed by the vertebrae, and femur. She then started to close the pit.

Once it was all covered up, she glanced up at the stone. "The Mother Stone," she spoke then, with a firm nod. A gust of wind blew strongly through the stone, probably a coincidence, however, for Valette it only meant as a confirmation. "Mother," she whispered. The gust of wind became less and Valette threw another glance at the stone in wonder. They really were special. Valette then turned to Greyback with a tiny smile. "Thank you for helping," she spoke. It was good to see him. He looked well. Perhaps too well. Then again, now she didn't have a mate so she was allowed to think those things right?
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
He nodded as Valette thanked him before walking beside her, his shoulder brushing hers as he dug his giant paws into the earth to kick up dirt. He worked silently beside her, listening to the sound of the paws and huffs of their breath. He liked it. He liked how silent and simple it was between them for now.

With Valette back, he able to think clearly. He became restless while she was away and the news of Stark swept over the pack. He wanted to ask how she was, but he knew the answer to that. No one would be 'okay, fine, perfect' after their mate abandoned them and their children. It also wasn't the time to ask for such a thing while burying your dead family member.

Stepping back as he noticed her stopping, Greyback watched as she placed the bones into the grave before returning and helping cover the ditch up with the same silence. He would steal glances to her, trying to look at her face every chance he could get. He was worried for her. To him it seemed as if she looked alone and lost. He knew of the loss she had faced in her life, at least some of it, and he wondered if this would be the breaking point.

Would Valette open herself up to others?

He continued to stay silent and stand next to her. "The Mother Stone," He repeated before the large gust of wind shook the nature around him. Greyback's fur caught in it easily, making the long strands whip back and forth. He wondered if it was a sign of approval, and heard Valette whisper to it.  "I'll have to come back later and thank her." He breathed, looking at the stone with a smile.

He caught Valette looking at him in the corner of his vision and turned to look at her too. "You're welcome," He responded, his voice calm as ever. He didn't know how long she had been back for, and wondered if she had taken care of herself yet. "Would you like to go eat, rest..." He looked down at their dirty paws. "Perhaps a bath?" He chuckled.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette liked that Greyback was so accepting of what she believed in. She offered a smile to the large male when he said he would need to thank her as well. Valette couldn't wait to tell her children that they had a mother stone next to Steady's stone. She was the last one to know Steady personally. So perhaps she should change the name of the stone.

Valette stood next to him, albeit a bit dirty from her travels and the digging. She wondered if she should freshen herself up. Valette then glanced at Greyback, a hint of a smirk showing. "Are you implying I need one?," she teased him, slightly. She shook out her coat and deemed it clean enough. She hadn't eaten yet, but she didn't feel the dire need to eat at the moment. She rather spent her time with the male. Sadly they were far away from the hot springs that had been close to Silvertip Mountain.

"How about that walk you asked me on before my travels?," she offered. She had been thinking a lot about Greyback asking her for a walk and if it meant more than friendship. She promised her daughter that she would stay away from men and their courting, but it was so tempting to embrace it with open arms. Now the female was even thinking that they could always have a bath after their travels.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback, catching the smirk on Valette's face, couldn't help but be surprised. Never before had he seen with any expression other than sad, excited, and stoic on her face, as well as her teasing. It made the fur on his spine rise with energy, and he decided then that he liked this side of her the most.

Laughing, his deep voice echoing around them, he closed one eye as she shook out her pelt- watching the bits of dirt fly. He could feel some of them land on his fur, but didn't mind one bit. Shaking as well, he looked around and noticed their paws and pelts were considerably cleaner. "Hmmmm," he hummed, his voice dragging it out playfully "What if I am?" He gave another laugh and stepped sideways to give room in case she decided to go after him.

Though a soak sounded nice, he was reminded by her that he asked for a walk. His breath hitched as he suddenly remembered asking her- asking for her to take a walk with him so he could tell her.  Looking away, he tried to collect himself quickly. Now that Stark had vanished it probably would make things easier for him, but not for her. How was she dealing with the loss of her mate?

Turning back to Valette, he looked at her quizzically. She seemed happy, but they were having fun. It would be inappropriate of him to tell her such a thing so soon. He cleared his throat. "Of course," he responded, his voice now level and soft. "I'd love to talk a walk with you."

Turning, he slowly made his way to the forest, looking over his shoulder to see if she would follow. "We don't know that much about each other, now that I think of it..." He stated. "Why don't we both ask questions? It can be anything-" He fell silent.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette quirked up her lips into a smile when Greyback teased her back. She had not really seen him act this way. As before he was very formal, and once he finally dropped the 'Lady' Valette he seemed to be more relaxed around her. But never had she seen him tease her. Valette wagged her tail contently. She always liked playful banter, never considered doing so with Greyback as he was so serious most of the time.

She decided not to tease him back though, as she was intending for a walk, a walk she promised. Maybe after that, she would go and have a bath with or without him. She followed the male into the forest. A smile on her face as the male admitted that he would love a walk with her. It felt nice to have the attention on her. Someone wanting to get to know her. Sure, the vanishing of Stark still stung but with these moments she could forget that for a moment.

Valette eyed to the side at him. "Alright," she agreed. She had nothing to hide and more than willing to open up to the male. 'How did you get the scar on the bridge of your nose?," she asked softly. She didn't want to offend him. She didn't think it was ugly, just part of him. Greyback wouldn't be Greyback without his scar. Perhaps that question would give a long story, if not she had many more. Though she would keep that burning question for yourself just a bit longer. 'You can ask me things as well!," she added quickly.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Slowing down, Greyback fell back into a stride equlivent with hers, their shoulders parallel but his much higher. He was always surprised by the size difference between himself and other wolves. Most of the time it made him uncomfortable, but being with Easthollow it gave him a sense of pride. He was strong and sturdy, well suited to protect everyone of his friends, including Valette.

His mind swarmed at the idea, but he didn't have long to think about it as Valette asked him a question about his scar. The mark upon his face was always something others seemed to dance around- it usually was the first question he was asked. But not with Valette, she had been caring. It had been almost a year he'd been with Easthollow and only now had she thought of asking him.

He gave a nervous laugh as he thought about how to tell her. "I got it as a yearling- tried to take on an bull elk without my pack. It ended up kicking me in the face." He looked at her with a sheepish smile, wondering what her reaction would be. Most others assumed he got it by a noble cause.

He waited for her to respond for asking his own question. "What do you like most about living here?" The Delta was curious about how Valette had thought about this place. Leading a pack was one thing, yes. It might have been a good spot for the pack to flourish but what made Valette flourish? What did she like?

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette chuckled softly when Greyback started to explain how he got his scar on the bridge of his nose. She didn't mean it in a bad way. But she knew from herself when she was a yearling you should take on any game. Also with her own children, they could get into trouble for being silly. It seemed that even Greyback had not always been reserved and levelheaded as he was now. "I had that exact yearling period as well," she hummed. She didn't think any less of the scar, sure she thought his aversion to fighting came from that injury but it seemed she had assumed wrong. "I just got out of it without any scars," Valette smiled. She never really had been severely injured. Probably because she had enough emotional damage to deal with.

Valette thought about his question for a moment. "Hmm," she hummed softly. "I like that it is flat," was her first thought. "At least, flatter than a mountain in which I lived before Easthollow. All jokes aside though. I like that it is close to my birthplace. I've been born in this region, it reminds me of my childhood with my mother and sisters. Even though there are a lot of bad memories as well, there are a lot of memories for me good and bad. When thinking of bad memories I can relate to them now as an adult and maybe feel differently about those memories. Which also reminds me how much I've grown. From the good memories, it is easy, they make you happy," she explained and then smiled. It was in these lands that she lost her father, that she grew distant from her brother. But in these lands, she also reconnected with that same brother to think of one example. "It is home for me."

She paused for a moment, looking around her, and then back over her shoulder to the stones. "The stones make it even more special to me. They give me comfort and guidance more than I thought they would since when I first saw them. Then I just thought they were pretty. Now, they mean so much more which is somewhat silly because the reason they mean so much is because they came from sad memories," she realized now speaking out loud. It was what she meant by saying that the memories of these lands made her want to live here. It all came back to Steady's words that made her world turn. "The only ones we lose are loved ones. Because they matter to us, it hurts every time it happens. We don't hurt over the loss of a stranger, but they die every day. We just don't know about it." It took the bitterness out of her.

Valette glanced at Greyback. He had asked her such a simple question which could have been answered with a simple answer. But she felt that Greyback deserved more than just the simple answer. He was allowed to know the complicated one. Sometimes she felt silly thinking that the stones helped her, it was the reason why she was there so much of her time, but now she looked back at her answer to Greyback she realized that it wasn't silly at all. She also had another question for Greyback, but it might be too personal. "I've got another question, but it might be a bit more personal. Can I ask it?"
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Listening to Valette chuckle eased him. He was glad she did not hold it against him, not that he expected her to. Listening to her continue on about her own yearling hood made the uneasiness in his gut melt. He was surprised to hear she got out without wounds though. In his own pack it was uncommon for yearlings to go into their second years without scars, and even now, looking at her, Greyback was surprised to find he didn't see any that were visible. Did Valette even have scars?

As the male padded along he turned his ear as she began to answer his question. Being born on a mountain caught him off guard. She did not have long fur, nor big paws for stable footing, how did she even survive? "I never would of guessed." he chuckled in between her words.

As she talked about her birthplace he began to realize that Valette didn't have the life he though she did. Though she only talked few about her bad memories he got the notion there was perhaps more. Greyback found himself pulled in by her words, eager to take every syllable she offered and learn. He wanted to know more about her, everything if possible. He smiled as she did.

As she turned her gaze, he followed. The stones stood tall as they always did, their structure unrivaled. He knew they were special to most Easthollow wolves as the dead were buried there. He looked at them silently, his eyes trailing every one of the points before resting on the largest one, Steady's stone as Valette had explained once. "It is not silly," he replied once more, his tone soft. "Feelings are very powerful things, regardless of their origin. I think it's amazing that you find such comfort in them." He looked at her, continuing to smile.

He was glad the chocolate brown wolf was opening up to him. Valette had seemed a bit closed when he first arrived, but with each passing time they met like this he was learning more and more. It was exciting as it was frightening. Greyback knew the more he learned the deeper he was falling, and it would only be a matter of time before he couldn't climb back out.

As Valette asked about another question he gave her a nod. "You can ask anything you would like, I don't have anything to hide" 'from you' followed inside his mind but he wouldn't dare say it out loud. He wondered what she would ask.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at him warmly. It was logical that he wouldn't have guessed that as she wasn't born on that mountain. She felt that she needed to clarify. "I've been born in Bearclaw Valley actually. Not sure if you knew that. And I didn't feel at home on a mountain. The ground is so steep and hunting takes more effort." Then again, the female never realized that she didn't have the right genes to live on a mountain. So, this landscape had spoken to her from the start.

Luckily Greyback understood what she tried to explain, and he even assured her that, it was alright that she was feeling so strongly about her stones. Maybe without her stones, she wouldn't have been so mentally stable after all the emotional losses. She really felt as if the ones she lost had not left her yet. She quirked up her lips into a smile and dipped her head in a silent agreement with the large male. Valette turned more towards the edge of the forest, the part where it would give way to the plains.

When Greyback gave his consent for another question, she thought for a moment how to formulate it. "I've been wondering. Looking back at what you know now, how things are with Ira and how you left her and her sister with the pack of your past mate... Would you have done things differently? Or would you still do the same?," she wondered. She hoped that he wouldn't take it the wrong way.

When she spoke her face was not judgemental but genuinely curious. She didn't want him to think that she thought ill about his past decision, she was just curious as to how his vision was on that particular moment. Did he regret it? Would he like to have done it differently? She knew he took a deliberate choice at the time which made sense, but perhaps now, seeing how bitter Ira could be towards him he might regret it? If so, she wanted to be there for him if he was struggling with it. Perhaps that was what her question truly was about, now she thought of it. She hoped he would know that any answer was alright. She just wanted to get to know him better.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback turned with Valette to walk towards the edge of tree line, the rays of the sun filtering through the trees and blocking his view. Closing an eye, he ducked his head to avoid them as they walked out onto the plains. Turning grass laid across the earth and moved with the strong wind that swept, and Greyback found himself awed at the land once again.

When Valette asked the question though he turned back to her with a brow raised. It was an interesting question-one he didn't expect of her to ask; but then again there had been many surprises with Valette this afternoon. It wasn't bad in his eyes, just interesting. "Im... not too sure. I thought I did the right thing- leaving them with a mother and father who would raise them as if they were their own young. " He sighed heavily. "I think I would of tried to stay close by if I could go back, at least to let them know I still care." He looked at the ground solemnly, watching his large paws bulldoze the grass over in a rhythm.

Since they were already in the area of deep questions, Greyback was curious if Valette was willing to talk about Stark. He remained quiet for a bit, his ear flicking to the sound of her paw steps and breath. Ideas still swarmed in his head about his children, but he couldn't bear to think about it for long. "Do you want to talk about Stark?" He asked "I know its a heavy subject- if you wish not to that is fine, but I am here for you."

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette liked the honesty that she was getting from Greyback. His words hit close to home for her. Often she didn't know if she was making the right decisions. As a leader, she couldn't look back and dwell on what if's. Then there would be many cases where she could dwell on what would be a better scenario and probably never get a good night's rest. "I didn't mean to make you doubt your past decisions," she spoke more seriously then. As that wasn't her intention at all. "You did what you thought was right and you shouldn't blame yourself for that. I was just wondering because if you were dwelling on past decisions... I would want to be there for you. Or at least know you can talk to me about it," she spoke and then was suddenly a bit shy about her offer.

She quickly found her confidence again. They were opening up to one another so her offer was not one that was out of place. It was the same case with the whole Stark topic. It warmed her heart that they both wanted to be there for one another. Valette had experienced before how nice it was to open up to someone about your feelings. It was with Greyback as well, when they talked about past mates and losing a beloved one. "There isn't much to talk about it, really," she spoke, her brow a bit more into a frown. "It does a lot to your self-confidence having a partner abandon you,' she sighed. Especially, after she tried to care for him for so many months during his illness and while also raising three children. "It is different than having your mate die, be taken from you. This was a choice. His choice to leave me. His choice to leave our children," she spoke, looking slightly angrier.

"The worst part is that it doesn't shock me anymore," she admitted. "I don't have a good track record with partners. I'm used to it." Saying it hurt, often she felt cursed, but she knew most of it wasn't her fault. "It isn't even with partners. Fathers, father figures, and a brother. Most male wolves in general." Valette stopped walking as the realization hit her. Her frown turned to embarrassment. Perhaps she opened up too much. There came the self-doubt, the insecurity. Now Greyback might think she was stupid. Just making the same mistake again to trust someone, to then get hurt once more in the end. Once again alone while raising children. But how she loved children. She dreamed of more litters with little balls of fluff she could fuss over.

"You must think of me as foolish," she whispered, looking more insecure. Suddenly tears welled up in her eyes. Clearly, this whole thing with Stark was something she had pushed down instead of really processing what happened. She had just continued with her life. Morningside had it worse as they suffered from a fire, then new allies came and she needed to be professional and welcoming. Now she was starting to tear up over a guy leaving her even though he wasn't even worth any tear from her! As tears started to flow it seemed that she wasn't able to stop them. Her heart started to ache as she opened up to the pain. It was the raw pain of being left behind once more, but most of all, the pure guilt towards her children and the broken promise that they would have a father. This was followed by self-loathing, disgusted by her own selfish side of her need to have another litter. A broken sob left her lips. She knew that this wasn't her fault but why couldn't she stop spiraling down to blaming herself?

And being the empathic female she was, now she felt bad for Greyback. She knew that the male was sensitive, always trying to please others. Now he must feel guilty for making her upset. She battered her wet hazel green eyes at him. "I'm sorry," she whispered, ears flopped to the side. Valette was kind of apologizing with the assumption that she made him feel bad. She cleared her throat. Her eyes then fell on those soft mane she felt upon her return from Morningside. The female didn't realize she looked at them longingly. She kind of wanted to push her face into them, hide from the world, and just cry over all the feelings she was feeling.

508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"Thank you," Greyback replied to the dark female. He was glad she was willing to open up to him and offer her own ears in his times of need. "I appreciate it- I really do, but I... don't think I can stop blaming myself right now. But perhaps in the future that will change." He offered her a kind smile at the end of his words, hoping to make her not worry.

And then there was his question.

Silence. It stretched around him as he anticipated Valette's soft voice, and when her words fell on his ears the man turned to her with a look of slight shock; his mouth hung agape and stance wide as he listened to her spill her feelings. The Easthollow wolf knew his friend was not well, no one could be after the loss of a partner, but as Valette opened up more he began to understand just how badly her anguish has been.

With little to say as he handled his bearings he whispered a soft "It's alright, Valette,", attempting to sooth the anger that rose in her voice with each word while also trying to keep his own safely rooted. "It was his choice, and a foolish one at that." He grunted. The fact that Stark had left not only his love, but his children out of free will made the fur along Greyback's spine rise, and it occurred to him that perhaps if the old beta was to return the elder wouldn't hesitate to dig his fangs into him with earnest.

As Valette went on to confess that she didn't have a good history with males Greyback's ears perked. He did not understand her position but still looked at her with an attentive fiery gaze he wore when always listening- and as he watched her face contort and stare at him he quickly shook his head. She did not need to apologize to him for such thoughts, she had more than right to. "I think...-" he started, searching for the words, "I think if I ever were to see another male harm you I would have to teach them a lesson." Though he had once taken a promise to not harm another, he could not see it in himself to sit by and watch Valette suffer.

The fact that she no longer felt as if she was deserving of a self confidence wrung him, and when her soft whisper of "You must think of me as foolish" escaped her jaws the large wolf surged forward- his chin immediately aiming to rest on her shoulder to usher her against his soft chest and into his fur. He listened and felt her body quake against his, her sobs filling his head and wetting his fur. "I'm here," he cooed back, running his nose into her fur once and breathing in her scent before running his tongue down her spine. "There is no need to be sorry, Valette."

He pulled back to look down at her wet face when she calmed, his ears tucked back and heart thudding fast in his chest. Should he? Is now the right time? He pressed his jaws tight before forcing them open, but words did not come out, only broken syllables. "I-...We-..." He furrowed his brow and gulped, trying to calm the hot blood that rushed through his veins. He needed this, he needed to tell her. "I should be sorry. I have only been thinking of my selfish desire and did not consider that maybe you need time to heal before thinking about... moving on..."

He wished she could see how amazing she was.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger

Valette was glad that Greyback was on her side. It was stupid of Stark to leave. She didn't even know if he was dead or alive. It was not only her that had been left behind. It was also their children. It was when she was starting to doubt herself that the male stepped forward. Valette easily accepted the embrace. She wanted to hide her face in those big mane of the male. Greyback spoke about the fact that he would teach a lesson to the male that hurt her. But, after so much disappointment it felt useless to even try and teach them. Unless Greyback meant something other than teaching. Valette didn't assume that Greyback meant it differently, since the male was against violence.

She kept her face buried in his fur. She could feel his warm breathing on her before those soothing licks. The female didn't want to move from this embrace. After Stark left, she didn't have anyone that could offer this. Until now she didn't know how much she needed a good cry. Greyback was letting her have a good cry on his shoulder. She realized that she probably shouldn't sorry. She had done nothing wrong. Greyback was right. She was allowed to cry about a loved one. Valette was glad that Greyback understood. It made her feel less silly and less embarrassed. It would never be easy to lose a mate and feel stupid afterwards that you trusted them.

He pulled back. Valette kind of wanted to stay hidden for a moment longer. But she had calmed down with her sobs which was probably an indicator for the male that she might not need the comfort anymore. Valette battered her wet hazel green eyes up at him. Valette didn't expect the well spoken Greyback to stutter like that. Was something wrong? Then the male spoke and it made Valette slightly confused. Greyback being selfish? Moving on? Valette's eyes were clearly searching for what he meant. But then realized that Greyback had been acting differently recently. It started with the lack of his formal speech, which Valette had liked. To then have such a warm reunion with the male when he returned from the fire mission. Then to be followed with the strange behavior around Rueger. Did Greyback fancy her? Her?

Valette had to admit that she had liked his attention, that she liked being around him. However, she was not sure if she fancied him. She always made it clear to herself that she was with Stark and that even though she might like his attention, that nothing would come from it. But now, Stark wasn't in the picture at all. Her green eyes traveled over the male. He was older but very attractive. It was not really a secret she liked her male big and strong. So in that department Greyback was definitely ticking the boxes. Compared to Stark, Greyback was for more in tune with his emotions. He would talk about them, while her previous mate would not.

Valette wasn't sure if she is ready to date another man. All the times before, when she admitted that she fancied one of the males they would become item and go from there. But that hadn't really worked for her, hadn't it? She would need to realize her own feelings. Just because Greyback ticked the boxes didn't mean that it might work. While before she might have instantly said yes and try and make it work, now she was more guarded. She was not sure if she could deal with another heartbreak. The female realized she had been quiet for longer than Greyback might have hoped. Those thoughts had ran at breakneck speed through her, but there was still a pause after his words where it was clear she realized the male had feelings for her.

Greyback had said it well, though, as she realized what he had said. He had not asked anything from her. He had only admitted that what he wanted. It made the female more relaxed, which was clear how her muscles relaxed under her dark pelt. "Greyback, don't be sorry for your feelings," she instantly spoke. He should be glad that he was feeling them. She could imagine it had taken him a long time to feel something for someone else again after the death of his mate. She felt almost honored that he had picked her. She stepped closer and then moved her muzzle to her cheek. She gave him a soft lick. He really was a wonderful man.

"Can you save them until I am ready?,' she whispered to him, her eyes looking up at him. She didn't want to reject him as she had felt something in the time Stark had been sick. She just hadn't allowed herself to feel. Plus, if she was going to have another relationship she wanted this to work out. She realized she might need to give the male more information. She stepped back. "I want to work on this relationship, together. I want to get better, heal from Stark, but also know for sure that if I would take you as my mate that we will go through life together." It all sounded intense. She wanted to say that she wanted to make sure that she would be with him forever, though, she knew forever didn't exist. "I can't deal with another heartbreak," she added softly after those words. She hoped he understood. In a way, she indirectly told him that she was open for him to court her. She hoped he realized that.

<3

508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
I love the song! <3
Greyback stayed silent as Valette thought, his heart beating faster with every second. Was she going to reject him, shy away from him, tell him it was terrible for him to make a move so quick after stark? He nervously licked his jaws, he did not want to run away from her or make a quick exit of the conversation, no matter how much his body screamed at him to. He needed to stay.

And when she told him not to apologize for his feelings he felt his stomach stir, not necessarily in a good way, but not in a bad way. It was just- there. A feeling in his stomach he couldn't explain that ceased all at once as a gentle lick was pressed to his cheek. It made him light headed and see stars; Valette had licked him!

He watched her pull away with a gentle smile, curious as to what she would say and a bit less nervous than he was before. She asked him to save his feelings? He looked at her with a quizzical look, trying to understand what she meant but was quickly hushed as she continued to explain. He was glad she was so gentle and kind, willing to open up to him and share her experience and feelings. 

Although what Valette said wasn't a yes, it wasn't a no either."Oh, Valette...Of course," he whispered back. As much as he liked her he didn't want to usher her into a relationship that she was unsure of. He wanted her to feel comfortable, not only with him, but herself. "I can only imagine how hard it is," He added, his voice slowly returning to its normal deep tone "But I will wait for you... and if you decide this isn't what you want- what you cannot handle ever...then," He let out a sigh, still smiling at her as if nothing was wrong.

"I will continue to stay by you as a friend."

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette offered him a kind smile. She was glad that he wasn't offended. It seemed that he understood her situation. She was definitely willing to figure out if it could work between them but then she would want it to last. If she would get a mate then it would be her last. Then it was just not meant to be that she had a mate. She realized that she had been doing quite alright so far. She had managed two litters on her own while caring for a sick mate and keeping up leading a pack. She realized that this might not be normal. But how great would it be to have someone by her side that could help her with that.

"I hope it won't come to that," she admitted quietly to the male. She didn't want to give him false hope but she genuinely wanted him to know that she was rooting for him as well, as strange as that sounded. Then again, for once she was going to follow logic. She would need to make sense of everything which might take awhile. She would not blindly follow her heart. "Thank you for telling me," she spoke with a smile.

Fade end here? Feel free to post once more!!