Barrow Fields And then! And then! And then! And then!
SQUIRREL
6 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
Private 
set for high noon. thread for @Caiaphas

Oh oh, a flat and open field! It reminded her of her childhood, the kennels she was born to. They always had a big strip of land to run on, a place where she was free to run until she dropped. What was even better was that snow blanketed the wide open land, excitement surged through the girl as she danced in place. Oh man, she wished Leaf Leaf could see this.  He would have loved it, or maybe he had? Was that why she was here, had she smelled him?

SHe couldn't remember, instead a series of whines escaped her lips as she threw caution to the wind. Not like she knew what caution was in the first place. Her paws carried her through the fluffy flakes, kicking up more than she ever thought imaginable. Soon her vision was hazed by white, her breathing came in gasps and she let her dark body fall where it may. Gasping howls of joy escaped her as she rolled to and frowning the snow. 

This was just lovely!
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
a small cyclone descended on the grim halls of the barrow fields, and caiaphas watched as its wolf-like form barreled through snow, upending the white substrate in pale drifts of crystal clouds. 

it was an unusual sight in so dour a place — moved to investigate, the siren set towards the frolic with interest keen in her eyes. 

she would not interrupt the jovial spirit’s play, but her gaze lingered questioningly on the agouti hued creature all the same.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
SQUIRREL
6 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
She was so caught up in her playing that she had not realized she had company, her own sounds and thrashing drown out any form of approuch ot even her ability to use her nose. Speaking of noses, the girl stopped her playing as a sneeze tickled her nose. Oh no, she hated this feeling. Rolling into her belly she began to let out a series of loud and almost painful sneezes, only to he followed by her paws trying to brush off the snow that coated her irritated snout but all that accomplished was more irritation. Ah man!

Then, her flurry of snow settled and a head came floating into her field of vision.  Oh dude, what is that!? Was that.. a floating head!? Without thinking she leaped at the black head though it was obvious that her actions were not malicious in any way. When she landed, she came in contact with her new friends back. 

"DUDE!"

She barked with laughter, "THERE'S A BODY ATTACHED TO THIS HEAD!" More laughter came as she began to lick the white body that she now rolled off of, acting as if this was a very normal thing to say. "YOU LOOKED LIKE A FLOATING HEAD!" Her voice came out high and breathless, excitment flavored every syllable of her words. This was so cool!
Landing on Caiaphas, approved
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
a series of sneezes laid siege to the strange wolf  (or was it a wolf?), eliciting a careful step back on caiaphas’ behalf. the creature, cloaked entire by rags of pale snow, surged upwards — likely suddenly aware of the sylph’s presence. 

and then in a coiled, almost elegant spring (if one could call the spasmodic creature elegant at all) it leapt for caiaphas — too little too late did the siren react, the show of fine teeth bared in surprise. 

she whipped her head around with a snarl, springing away with a series of crocodile-snaps. whether they hit or not depended on the actions of her target, but caiaphas had no intention of being treated like the mantle of some furred jungle-gym. 

ripe with outrage, her gaze settled on the — assumed daft — creature, who only just now offered some explanation for her inexplicably harebrained assault moments before. with her tail lashing in quick contempt the crone exhaled. are you touched?
SQUIRREL
6 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
The floating head's reaction reminded her of her sister's reaction, every single time she had kept at her she was rewarded with a series of clicking teeth and pain in her scruff. This became a game to the child as pain bloomed over her skin as a few snaps connected with her fur, this did not discourage her movements or her laughter. Instead she remained prone, her ears pricked and her tail swaying back and forth in a rather playful action.

The stranger seemed unhappy, why, the wolfdog was not sure as her words confused her. Was she touched? What? Her head tilted dramatically in confusion. "Touched?" Her sing song voice finally dropped in volume as she looked at the agitated woman quizzically. She did not understand and this was very clear.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the siren braced for further impact but none came; instead the cinnamon wolf (or not wolf — caiaphas could not decide) tilted the narrow bridge of her nose, her features arched in confusion.

ensuring there was still adequate distance between them to fend a secondary onslaught, caiaphas measured her with a cold expression, yet still elaborated. means soft, stupid, imbecile.
SQUIRREL
6 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
The wolfdog was daft, unconcerning, and confused. The woman before her was annoyed, or, maybe she just appeared to be annoyed. Leaf Leaf would do that, feign annoyance and anger when Moon Moon would disturb him from his sleep or simply jumped on him for now reason.  Or was he actually feeling those emotions? 

For a moment she seemed to think about the explanation of touched. She remembered the words the floating head had used to describe this strange word, perhaps she was touched. Moon, you are so stupid. her siblings use to say, She just doesn't know any better,  go easy on her. Her mother always explained. Moon, moon! You imbicile, get back here! Her human use to call out. 

"I have been called those things before but how does soft mean touched, soft is.. soft is like my fur!" That word did not belong, or maybe it did. If you touched Moon Moon, her fur was soft!
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
perhaps a bit unkindly, the sylph smiled to see her suspicions prove true. this girl had all the sense of a rock, it seemed. 

yet even rocks could be useful, particularly when hurled at force at the back of an enemy’s head — and ever the strategist, caiaphas worked out how to make this chance meeting turn in her favor. 

they needed bodies. even stupid ones - caiaphas would have had no qualms sending this girl to slaughter if it meant her children’s safety. what was one dolt against an endless line? other bodies would take her place. other bodies would pile. 

i’m sure it is very soft. she said, switching abruptly from cold to sweet. what is your name?