Ankyra Sound And even though I listened, I never heard a word they said.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the crone had not expected rosalyn to darken the grotto's mouth -- nor did she expect to hear the words the mutilated woman uttered -- on her threshold? the sylph's ears pulled back (or, really, one good ear did -- the other did a sad rotation that was hardly worth calling movement) in surprise she did not bother to hide.

rosalyn had been many things to caiaphas -- and never once, was it a friend. but the woman that stood besides her and loved her with a harlot's fierce abandon was closer to friend to caiaphas than most were. she had never been the kind to accept well-meaning gratitude gracefully -- hell, very little about caiaphas was graceful, including her tact.

i did not do it for you, she nearly growled -- but her lips remained firmly pursed. wait -- was she learning?

playing any emotion so close to her sleeve save hatred or rage made the siren queen uncomfortable. concealing this, she simply shrugged off the gratitude with a reply more in line with what rosalyn was deserving of. "hmm, welcome. erzulie is a good asset - you too, when you are not so ... chewed up. they will pay, you know."
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And even though I listened, I never heard a word they said. - by Caiaphas - January 20, 2019, 08:46 PM