Stone Circle One has not returned home
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Valette was at the borders. She had a worried expression on her face. Ever sine she returned she couldn't find @Keen anywhere. As excited as she was to tell her the news about her and Greyback, Valette realized that Keen had to be present to do so. She realized that the scent of her daughter had grown faint and that she wasn't in her usual hiding places. Valette howled to her daughter but she would most likely not get a response.

The female trotted over the borders, to find a scent or maybe some tracks that would indicate that Keen left the territory. Valette felt that it was not normal for her to leave the territory hence why she had been looking inside of Easthollow. But after days, she started to wonder if Keen had decided to be brave and explore outside their borders.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
The call he hears isn't for him, but he recognizes the voice belonging to Easthollow's Matriarch... and it sounded stressed? Worried? It concerns Evergreen enough that he gets to his feet. He is hesitant at first, debating whether it is any of his business. But, he is a member of Easthollow now. Its part of his job to make sure his fellow packmates are okay, right?

Ears twitching, the newcomer trots towards the direction the summons came from, and quickens his pace once he realizes its by the borders. That makes him worried; what if there are rude loners? He's relieved, however, to see Valette before long. It does not seem like she's harmed. Evergreen slows to match her pace, and tucks his ears respectfully. Are you okay, Ms. Valette? He hopes whoever she is looking for is okay, too, but he'll ask about that later. Right now, Valette is his priority.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette turned her head when she heard someone approach. The weight of the footsteps she couldn't really place hence why she turned her head to look. She quirked up her lips when seeing one of their new members, Evergreen. No wonder she wasn't familiar with his approach. She instantly nodded to him. "Yes, I am fine. It is my daughter Keen, she is the more timid one of my three latest, usually sticks to the territory but now I haven't seen her in awhile," Valette explained to him.

"She actually looks like you," she smiled kindly then. "Chocolate brown in coloring, blue eyes. " She doubted that the male had seen her, since she was already elusive to normal members of their family so to new wolves she would probably not show her face. Arlette was quite the opposite she would probably actively seek out the new members and get to know them.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Valette reassures that she's okay; Evegreen releases a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, the situation is somewhat dire. The world isn't necessarily ending, but one of the Matriarch's children is missing. His eyebrows furrow, and his head tilts to listen closely to her description. It is... odd, for someone that usually sticks in the pack territory to simply vanish. He hopes Keen is just playing a very good round of hide-and-seek.

I haven't seen her, Evergreen says, deflating a little. Uh, don't worry though! We'll find her. I'll help! The Easthollow newcomer adds quickly, and perks up. He gives her his best attempt at a confident grin. It is winter, so he can only pray she is safe and warm somewhere... It motivates Evergreen to search. Uh, where was the last place you saw her? Valette probably has already searched that area, but the more information he has, the better, right? And what are her favorite places?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette shook her head when he said that he hadn't seen her. She had assumed that he wouldn't have seen her. "I assumed so," she returned. Evergreen was very kind to offer his help. She wondered if he could help but it was still nice of him to offer. "That is very kind, Evergreen. I saw her inside the territory," she spoke to him. "I already looked at all her favorite spots," Valette admitted.

She watched the territory on the other side of the border. "I think she went outside of Easthollow. Perhaps we should look for tracks or marks around the border," Valette suggested. She brought her nose closer to the ground, she couldn't really smell her daughter yet, but maybe she excited the border on the other side. It would be good for the new male to get a good round of the borders and see their whole territory.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Well, he does feel a bit useless, but at least he can keep Valette company and an eye out for anyone that fit Keen's description. He gives the Matriarch a brief nod. Its the least he can do, since they took him and Thistle in. Winter is still in full bloom, and everyone knows how difficult it is for one wolf out there. That's why his ears swerve in surprise at Valette's guess.

I hope not, he murmurs under his breath, looking across the borders. Granted, he and Thistle survived, so he knows others can, too. Evergreen follows Valette's lead. He lowers his nose to the ground, and starts scanning the area for any possible pawprints in the snow. I think I see a trail ahead. Evergreen barely spots the tracks in the snow by a boulder, leading towards Fox's Glade. It's possible that it could be any wolf that's a part of Easthollow. Maybe even a deer. Valette would know Keen's scent best though.

The newcomer gestures towards the area.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette trotted forward. Evergreen noticed a trail up ahead. Valette saw some tracks and trotted to it. She sniffed them, they seemed to small to be Keen's she felt like. "I believe they are fox paw prints, but very well spotted," she nodded. Valette continued on. The recent snows only made it harder to track. Her scent and prints were probably covered. Still Valette wasn't going to give up. The fields started to slope up towards the forest. "Maybe there are some signs of her inside our forest," Valette suggested.

The female tried to look at any signs of her daughter. All signs pointed that Keen actually crossed the border. She couldn't understand why Keen would cross the border alone? What was she thinking. Maybe she should ask one of their scouts to look for her.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
It was unlikely they were the tracks they were searching for, but Evergreen wanted to make sure. He didn't want to miss out on a possible clue. His ears twitched, and he trotted after Valette... frowning when she announced that they were fox tracks. Unfortunate. Sorry. The situation was difficult.

The bearish wolf perked up at the suggestion of searching the forest. He has not been there yet, so he might not be the best help for Valette, but it was a good idea. Evergreen nodded; We should check. I'll keep an eye out whenever I leave the pack territory, too. I'll ask anyone I meet if they've seen her. Any information they can gather might come in handy to unraveling the mystery.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette instantly shook her head at the male. "Please don't apologize," she spoke. "It was well spotted, it could have been a pup's paw print," she assured him. She didn't want the other male to think that she disapproved of what he found. She was glad for his help, any extra eyes and nose were welcome to look for her daughter.

Valette nodded. "Are you interested in being a scout?," she wondered. They already had a few scouts but if this male was wager to learn then Valette was willing to help as a Master Ranger. "I will definitely send someone to Lost Creek Hollow to ask about Keen. Perhaps you can go with the wolf I send," she offered.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
That's true, he pauses, mulling over Valette's words. Thank you. Evergreen perks up; his tail gives a few wags and a smile curves across his muzzle. Its always nice to be praised by others, but even more so coming from respected leadership. He really ought to start looking on the brighter side more often.

His tail sways nervously when Valette mentions becoming a Scout. Of course, the bearish wolf wants to learn, but... Uhm. Pause. It is interesting, but to be honest, I prefer settling down in one area. I think I've done enough adventuring for a life time. He jokes, glancing away sheepishly. It just doesn't feel right sitting around when... a person of the family is missing, y'know? I'd be happy to go with the Scout though! Probably better that Valette knows not to send Evergreen alone; he doesn't know of Lost Creek Hollow, but assumes its a neighbor nearby... or at least, a pack Easthollow is on friendly terms with.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled in return when the other seemed to thrive on the compliment. She always liked to encourage wolves and not tell them what they did wrong. She felt it worked better that way instead of punishing them. "That is no problem at all. I thought you might be interested in scouting as well," she spoke to him. "There are a lot of trades you can do inside of the territory. If you let the others know I am pretty sure they would be willing to help you. Plus in the meanwhile you can make more friends," she smiled.

Valette always tried to help her members with the trades she could help with. "But good to know that you can help with scouting if needed," she smiled. Valette started to realize that she was only smelling herself or other wolves that marked the borders. It was quite a strong scent and Keen's scent would probably be minimal compared to those. It also didn't help that it snowed recently. "I don't smell her in this direction," she frowned with a sigh.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
I'll make sure to do that, Mrs. Valette. Evergreen gives her a grateful grin; happy to hear the rest of their pack is just as kind as its leadership. Perhaps he could ask around and see what was out there in terms of trades; what is needed, and if there were any mentors that could teach him a thing or two. Whilst he is a great fisher, the bearish wolf is always keen to learn more.

He continues the search, tail tip swaying at Valette's words; Of course. Anything I can do to help, I'd be happy to do so. It'd be better to be useful to Easthollow than appear to be deadweight, after all. So far their search for Keen, however, has been dead end after dead end. Evergreen's large nose twitches as he tries to take in the scents of his fellow packmates. Disappointment clouds his face when Valette announces she doesn't smell Keen's. Should we try another area?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at the other male. The female nodded in agreement. "Yes," she agreed with the male. She decided to steer them to another part of the border so where Keen might have crossed it. The female hoped that they would find a scent there and if not she might ask others to look outside of the territory for her.

- fade end -

Fade thread here? Since there are other threads for finding her as well!! Feel free to archive (at the bottom of this thread, drop down menu) or make one more post!