Blacktail Deer Plateau I need a challenge Show me your talent
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Random Event 
37°, currently it is clear and set during the day. Located in kintla flatlands, blacktail deer plateau | ooc notes: rank challenge!! I randomized who he targetted ;3; | tagging: @Erzulie

He had been here long enough. Long enough to sit around and let moss grow on his feet, to carve a trail along the borders with how often he patrolled. Sleepless nights, passing time, he did it no matter the occasion. He had nothing better to do - and he was growing bored. Growing bold. Yearning for something more.

There was that woman who had come to the body of the man in the rubble, to tell off that black woman who came to mourn his passing - she had a fire to her he liked. A fire he wanted to taste. Lifting his head, a solemn song sang out for the gamma, calling to him. She was somewhere near, he could smell it - but didn't desire to hunt her down... it was her choice to accept his challenge, and not for him to force it upon her. 

There he stood waiting for the Gamma, patiently with that ever stoic mask he held tightly to his face.
New Threads: closed
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
rosalyn was home.
the harlot had spent every waking hour with her returned pirate, doting upon her, listening to the tales of how the former captain had found rusalka, and then to where they had scattered.
the call came and ripped into her peace; erzulie reluctantly rose and came away to confront rosencrantz with a surly look, to be so disturbed at this time.
she was half a mind to simply hand it over — she cared nothing for rusalka, but she had earned the rank. it was hers, not to be ill-gotten by a new trophy hunter.
let her see if she might shake that mask today. erzulie coiled herself into a light stance and waited.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Challenge: coin flips for hit vs misses in order to make it a quick challenge and earn that merc trade! 3 rounds each (3 rolls each), it is a best 2 out of 3. Good luck! <3 Feel free to have any of his hits hit wherever you want, doesn't have to be his target.

First roll: 1 - hit

Unaware of her reuniting with her mate, Rosencrantz was patient as he waited to be either ignored or answered. It wasn't the rank per-say that interested him, and so should he go ignored, the paladin would be a little disheartened. Rather, he wanted to see what she was capable of as Rusalka's Gamma - lacking a Beta at the rank, she was the next in line for power.

Thankfully his call was answered. Erzulie was soon seen approaching and preparing herself, but before it began; he had a few words. Thank you. Simply put. He had come a long way since his pup-hood of a power-hungry whelp who attacked the moment his opponent would enter. This was much different. Although your rank doesn't interest me much, fight me with your title on the line with everything you got. 

And with those words rising in intensity, he was off. Thudding against the ground in a drum, careful to keep his good eye on her and feint a bite to her face - only to attempt ramming into her head-on with his shoulder. There was no clear aggression, though he certain they would both not leave unscathed, he had no intention of them both being beat to a bloody pulp as he did with the snowy woman on the mountain.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
first roll: 1/hit

truth be told, erzulie had galvanized the beginnings of a plan in her mind, but it was squandered the moment her opponent spoke. she had thought him intelligent, for a man, but it appeared her goodwill was ill placed.
this was confirmed by the other's admission he had no true interest in the rank. this infuriated erzulie, but she was silent. fitting that his worthless male energy be directed toward her.
the great white surged forward, heavy jaws snapping down. as she dodged to avoid them, erzulie felt herself shoved harshly; only the inadvertent widening of her stance saved the harlot from falling outright.
annoyed at her stumble, erzulie clenched her jaw and leapt in a tight arc, sailing round to aim a bevy of snaps at his flank, quick and lithe as she continued her trajectory.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
[ooc]Second Roll: 1 - hit

Unintentionally it seemed he has pissed off the woman - without him realizing of course. Antisocial and lacking much practice with the fairer sex left him incapable of being certain the way he spoke to them didn't leave them with a bad taste in their mouth. Should he know, perhaps he would have tried to ease the blow - but it was not so. A brute, a barbarian, he just continued on.

One after another, things tumbled into place. His first blow landed and so did hers. The pain in his flank pushed him to move back, to try and step on at least one of her paws while sidestepping toward her rather than pulling away in an attempt to lock her movements as much as possible. With that, he coiled around to try and snap at her this time with a flurry of teeth. Aiming for a shoulder or a thicker part of the neck.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
second roll = 1/hit

she thought no more of his intentions as her blow struck true. teeth aching with the contact of it, the jezebel sensed his control, and so then attempted to reason her own as well.
in the next moment, however, the man's thicker fangs reverberated against the skin of her shoulder, cutting effortlessly through the pelt there. 
breath seizing in her throat yet again, erzulie shoved her shoulderblade toward the brute's mouth, hoping to roughly butt his tooth or wedge his jaw.
thus closer, erzulie snaked her own slim muzzle closer, aiming for the man's ear if fate so allowed her another spate of luck.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Third Roll: 2 - miss (after a few re-rolls to break a tie lmfao)

Thrusting into his mouth did indeed do something - it had him lose his grip for just moment, long enough for him to try and grab her again and only to find himself snapping at the air, finding nothing between this teeth but the bitter taste of defeat. 

Though he could handle much more than the wounds that were laid out to him, once again he reminded himself that he was not thirsty for a rank, but instead just wanted to push the envelope - and that he did. Feeling the sting on his ear was enough to have him pull back - his one miss was proof enough that this was over and unless he wanted to push her further and test their boundaries, their limits, their bodies; he had to accept defeat. 

I concede. Pulling back with ears glued against his skull to protect them further, he made distance between them both. I never doubted your title, it was an honour.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
as soon as it had begun, their conflict ended, leaving erzulie with a half-roused sense of exhilaration. forced to tamp it back, it glinted in her two-toned eyes nevertheless.
sides heaving, she backed from the man and dipped her head to him also. he was a polite sort, and despite his being male, perhaps she had been mistaken.
what mattered was that rosalyn had returned, not her rank, not the remnants of what was once the thriving coastal pack.
"you gave me a good fight all de same," she purled. "do you have any true inspirations to de leadership?"
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Luckily for him, Erzulie had backed off as well, no desire to "put him in his place" as he would have back in Birserkir should he had won any kind of challenge. Thankful, he was prepared to leave, but before he could take a step away, she spoke. A single ear perked in her direction, nodding to accept her compliment returned, then he shook his head. No. I would make a terrible leader. I simply enjoy a fight. Who knows what kind of monster he would be as a leader; at least that's what he thought.

There was no telling if he would be great, or let the power breed that darkness within. Do you? Feeling compelled to return the question, to know something of someone else.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
she gave rosencrantz a tilted look, one that meandered off in the direction of the sea a moment."who would support me in dat?' the harlot wondered aloud, but when she returned her attention to the man, a lightless smile had made its way to her lips. "you?"
she knew nothing about aningan, but he was a distant, scarce figure. rusalka would have survived on its own without him, she believed; it was she and raleska who had done the bulk of the work.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
I would. His words were soft but true. There was an air of certainty as he spoke, his eye focused on the woman he had dragged out of the comfort to fight for her rank. There was some kind of annoyance about her at first, only realized now as things had settled and they spoke. 

Though he had no real choice but to follow whoever takes Aningan's title as Alpha, should Erzulie chose to challenge him, Rose would follow her just the same. He knew her and the little Nieve more than any of the other wolves, and so it would only make sense for him to feel just as comfortable with her as he did with Aningan.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
a noncommital sound thrumming in her throat, erzulie circled him once lightly and then drifted to the side. "i see no reason why you would lie," the harlot muttered dryly. "you fought fair, and conceded de fight to me widout anot'er struggle." a roll of her shoulders. "maybe i will be callin' on you sometime soon, blood eagle."
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Feel free to archive this if you want to post one more time! Yay for merc threads!!

Should he have known that he had pissed the woman off previously with his challenge, he would have known now that he had somehow redeemed himself near the end of their little get-together. Her words boasted his pride as a warrior, and with a nod, he tried to tell her that he thought the same - of course, without saying much. Because why would he talk much? it would only make his life that much easier if he spoke more than he did now. 

I will come. He reassured. With nothing else to share, he was off, gliding away to return to his borders that he kept an ever-watchful eye on, leaving her to return to whatever he had so rudely interrupted her with.