Ghost Lion Crag the night so black that the darkness hums
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
yami was annoyed. arcturus' expression fell like a stone -- so now even his ostracized sibling was angry with him? he felt suddenly very alone while being surrounded by what was mostly his family. that sinking feeling of total isolation did not leave him -- not even as kiwi seemed to smirk as she flanked yami, the two driving off and leaving him and dirge.

arcturus remained where he was, limbs stiff. he could sense a barrier between them, a presence that had not been there so many months ago. he did not know how to take the news of his family trying to find him -- they knew where he was -- it had never been a secret.

he did not wish to be so cold to dirge, but in arcturus' mind dirge was hydra's mate first and foremost, and his friend second-most. to doubt that was to insult the very backbone that had been dirge's assimilation into the spear. "he is a better fighter than i pegged him for." the rueful smile that lingered on his broad features faded.

suddenly, arcturus was full of bitterness that spread through him like venom. "i hope he serves you all faithfully." he spat, horrified of his spitefulness, and yet, feeling vindicated to see so powerful a barb summoned by his own words -- it wasn't dirge's fault, but arcturus was stung and dirge just happened to be in the way of his retaliation. feeling his skin crawl, arcturus didn't wait for a reply. he was angry, aggrieved, ashamed of hurting dirge, and feeling vindictive -- it was best he place many miles between him and all that remained of his old life.

he did not say anything else. on quivering limbs, arcturus made his heated leave.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
the night so black that the darkness hums - by Dirge - April 08, 2020, 03:39 PM
RE: the night so black that the darkness hums - by Yami - April 08, 2020, 04:30 PM
RE: the night so black that the darkness hums - by Yami - April 09, 2020, 04:57 PM
RE: the night so black that the darkness hums - by Yami - April 10, 2020, 04:48 PM
RE: the night so black that the darkness hums - by Arcturus - May 17, 2020, 10:27 AM