Firefly Glen You’ve been let down
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
While she was no medic, and certainly not any sort of expert about plants, Keres could remember a few things taught to her by others. Normally, she didn't have need of those tidbits of knowledge, but she had today, if only so that she could help another. While no one had been injured or sick, thankfully, the silver Ostrega had still used what Kukutux taught her of the sage plant.

This afternoon had been spent gathering an old pelt and using it to collect a fair amount of the plant's leaves (though she made sure to not take them from the mountain medic's small garden and instead found them elsewhere). Once she was satisfied with the amount, and could carry no more in the dried pelt without dropping some along the way, had picked up the bundle with careful teeth and set out to find one of the Glen's newest members, @Holland.
10055/50000 (10055/50000)
SIN CITY'S COLD AND EMPTY
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
Herbs were difficult to find in the frost, let alone in the dense light the Glen provided. He had unexpectantly given himself a challenge. Biting back a sigh as he turned over a promising rock, only to find no moss, he let it fall back on the ground. He'd have to venture out of the Glen for more plants. Especially moss. It was essential.

"Mmm" the scent of a "pack mate" made him tense up. Even more that she was coming toward him with purpose. There was a bundle of sage from the smell of it wrapped up in a pelt. Curious, he squinted both his eyes as Keres came toward him. He stopped foraging and waited for her to get close enough. "where did you find the sage?" Holland asked immediately.

It was not aggressive or blunt, but if he was to be the healer of this pack... He needed to know where the plants grew best.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Holland wasted no time, guessing what she brought him with not a lick of hesitation. Still, before she could answer, she would venture close (though she was careful not to touch him, having noticed his stiff reaction to such actions upon the borders) and set the bundle on the ground before him before stepping back and answering.

'Round the lake to the east. Kukutux, the healer of Moonspear, once told me that it would be good to have in the event that someone catches a cold during winter. I figured you might need some to start a cache. He hadn't asked for the help, of course, but Keres was a wolf  that valued helpful acts, and so sought to perform such tasks for others.
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
The herbs deposited and her stepping back, Holland approached and sniffed at them. He listened at the name of Moonspear, but more intently on the location where she got the sage. "It is used for digestive problems mostly" the man said quietly, nosing the herbs carefully before accepting them. A paw was placed on the bundle and he dragged it to his stomach. "I haven't... heard of it good for colds." he admitted softly.

"Though it should work for a cold's inflammation issues" the man gave Keres. He didn't want to point out that the herbs were useless in growing now they'd be ripped from their roots. But he could start a cache with them, as she suggested. Holland grunted, nodding. "thank you." It was better than nothing. He'd have to chat with the healer of Moonspear if the Glen was on friendly terms with them.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Ah. I might have misunderstood her, She admitted sheepishly, ears splaying backwards as her head ducked and she looked away, embarrassed. The woman recovered easily enough, however, pushing her ears forward to catch his next words. You're welcome. She felt a touch awkward now; it could not be helped and as it was no physical wound, she would survive and learn from it.

She's very friendly, she started. Kukutux, I mean. I'm sure she'd be happy to chat with you.
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
"You're not a healer" Holland's words were blunt but not unkindly. His ears swirled back on top of his head, staring at Keres. "I don't expect you to run around knowing everything." They were only wolves. They could only focus on what was given and interested to them. He grunted, glancing at the herbs again. Was this his way of trying to cheer her up? He wouldn't ever admit it.

The man gave another grunt, nodding his head. "Moonspear is friendly with the Glen, then?" he asked Keres. He had to know their alliances sooner or later. "what other packs do you associate with?" And how many were there in this world, this wild Teekon... If he knew the whole amount, he'd say that was too much. He was used to maybe four or six.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
He had a point, one that had eluded her in the moment of her fleeting shame. She was no know-it-all, in attitude or in action, and it was somewhat silly to chide herself for being incorrect on something she had very little knowledge of. Averted eyes returned to the man clad in night and fire, ears turning forward as a small smile graced her face, the tip of her tail wagging lightly as he relieved her of her embarrassment. Gradually, she would distance herself from the feeling of self-consciousneess, especially as he turned the conversation further.

Very, yes. Hydra and Dirge are the leaders of Moonspear, and Osiris is their son. Because of our closeness, the two pack intermingle frequently. We can visit the mountain, and they can visit the Glen. She canted her head as a thought came to her then. It might be a good idea to visit their borders at the very least, to learn their scent so that you will know they are not trespassing. As for other packs? Redhawk Caldera is a close ally. Neverwinter Forest, just to our north; Yuèlóng, on the coast; and Easthollow, in the northern valley, are all allies as well.

Her shoulders rolled before she shook out some of the muscular tension (which was her own fault). I can show you where I found the sage, sometime, if you like. Two can gather much more than one, after all.
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
He was silent, more of a listener when he was not doing his skills. He spoke only when required, and Keres' explanation was enough. Holland wondered if she was some type of ambassador - or strived to be one. She had not only recruited in indirectly, but knew the workings of other packs. He finally nodded, confirmation he had heard the woman. He just had nothing to remark on right now.

That is, until she offered to show him the sage formation. "There is logic in that" he says slowly, though he does like to go it alone. A thought occurs to him at her suggestion. An ear twitches. "is there any youths that wish to know the trade?" He may not have much patience for children, but he liked to think he was a good mentor if given the chance.

More healers around would let wolves like Keres focus on their wants and needs - instead of helping him. He would eventually feel bad about this. "Though I would be stupid to reject your offer." he confirms he accepts.
3/5
2/10
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
It was a fair question, though her knowledge in any aspiring healers was limited. The only one I know of is Sialuk, Kukutux's daughter. She had not met many of the Glen-wolves yet, aside from those that had moved here from the mountain like herself. That may be something to ask Osiris. 

It wouldn't make you stupid. There were many things that mad a wolf stupid; rejecting an offer of company was not one of them. That being said, she didn't know what it made him, she just knew it wouldn't have made him less intelligent. If you wish to go alone, no harm done. No hurt feelings. Sincerity at its finest.
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
"I see." he would say simply, attempting to gather the herb's carrier pelt in his jaws. His voice was momentarily muffled before he dropped the bundle carefully. Holland eyed the woman cautiously, wondering what her aim was. She first offered to help him, then she did help him... But as a pack mate, he supposed that was common? It'd be a while until he felt confident in the Glen, that's for sure.

As he craned his neck down again, the man snorted. "I would get lost" he protested quietly "assistance would be required." Just until he learned the lay of the land. Holland would think she was being nice - but why? He wasn't exactly good company. He... was not social. Blunt and a bit rude. Or rather, alot rude. This time, he plucked the pelt from the ground and gave a deep grunt. His tail lashed once, letting Keres know he had to take the herbs back to his small cache.

His one good eye that focused on her appeared grateful, but he waited for her to leave before going himself. A woman had to leave first, in his eye, before departing.
3/5
2/10
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Another short visit, though it would seem that that was par for the course between the two of them. Even so, she was not ready to let him leave just yet. Wait, Keres said as he readied himself to leave, stepping forward as if to chase him should he suddenly flee. Will you tell me what plants that you need the most? I can look for them while I'm out scouting.
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
She would stop him. 

Holland blinked slowly, placing the herbs on the ground. Her question was still one offering to help, rather than avoiding the craft like all the others did. When he talked about plants, some tuned him out. He had even been in a position before where a wolf did not believe in using medicine. That had been idiotic on their part.

"Moss" the man answered truthfully, knowing full well it was not a herb. "I can soak it, use it for dressing and cleaning wounds..." he paused, once again wondering why she was going out of her way for him. Holland squinted at her as if trying to figure this out. "can also help coughing. It's quite common, but the cold has killed the good stocks." He would probably find if it if he ventured south...

But the Teekons were all northern climates.
3/5
2/10
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Moss. She could do that. It was easy enough to spot, and she needed no explanation on what it looked like. Perfect. Alright. I'll see if I can't find some in the lands south of the mountains. His squinting would go unnoticed, or at least, unmentioned; her helping was likely something he'd have to put up with long term, now that he was a packmate. 

Whenever you want to go retrieve the sage, give me a call. And just like that, she'd leave him to it, turning to go give the borders a quick patrol. 

Exit!
157 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
"I - yes" he stood dumbfounded as she left, raising a brow. It was all he could give, for Keres left quickly enough. Returning his attention back to the bundle of sage, he plucked it from the earth. Without another word, he carried it back to his den. A proper start to the cache. And he had a packmate to thank for it.
end!
3/5
2/10