Dragoncrest Cliffs Death of a Rose
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
The loss of the paladin was like shrapnel through the islander’s heart. The great white wolf was a keystone figure in their pack and a mentor to his red-tail padawan. How could they go one without his guidance? The relationships Njord had forged since joining Sapphique were bedrock strong, and bear’s attack shook them like a great earthquake – shards of broken stone in its wake.

Rosalyn found them next. The queen crumbled to the ground as if Shardik had struck her down anew. Her inconsolable cries raked at Njord’s soul, and soon he felt hot tears streaming down his own face. When was the last time he had cried like this? This unrefined despair? He wished to reach out to Rosalyn and touch her, but he felt unequipped to assuage her broken heart.

Thankfully Erzulie arrived. She was like the string attached to a kite, keeping everyone grounded – connected. A gentle touch to his cheek… a most welcome contact of comfort. He will always be a part of Sapphique, the captain reflected. Her voice was soft and gentle. Njord leaned into her for a moment and said, “Aye, he was tha’ best of us.”

Njord sighed – his breath quaky – a great release of air from his lungs. An unloading. “I will tell tha kids stories about ‘im. He was a great wolf, an’ won’t be forgotten.” Njord resolved to pass along tales of the great warrior and how he defended Sapphique. “I miss ya already, Rose,” he added, speaking to the man in the cold snow.

Edit: this is my last post!
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Death of a Rose - by Rosencrantz - January 08, 2021, 07:45 PM
RE: Death of a Rose - by Njord - January 08, 2021, 08:25 PM
RE: Death of a Rose - by Rosalyn - January 08, 2021, 09:03 PM
RE: Death of a Rose - by Erzulie - January 12, 2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Death of a Rose - by Njord - January 20, 2021, 10:50 AM
RE: Death of a Rose - by Rosalyn - January 26, 2021, 02:03 PM