Dragoncrest Cliffs Song of the Sea
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
946 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Sorry for my delay! My writing muse has been absent...

The children hurried, like delighted little minnows, up to Njord. All worries that they had forgotten him while away were wiped clean. Mirielle, freckled face and bright green eyes, proclaimed she could still entertain a bed time story. Brother Sobo zoomed into place, vying for his seat with enthusiasm. These two little ones brought so much light into the islander’s life. It was had to remember Njord had bemoaned about the absence of love just a few moons ago… now, his heart was full – just as moonwoman Kukutux said it would be.

Njord laid down and cleared his throat. “Wha’ a good crowd I ‘av!” he praised the children. “Now… lemme tell ya ‘bout tha Shepherd of tha Sea.”

A long, long time ago. There was a she-wolf who lived by tha’ ocean… jus’ like us. ‘Er coat was sandy like tha’ beach… eyes blue an’ like tha wa’tr. Day an’ night she watched tha waves ebb an’ flow. When tha’ moon rose high in tha’ sky, she ‘owled to tha moon… an’ one night tha moon answered back!

“Child,” tha moon said, “Yer voice is verra beautiful… but why do you sing ta me?”

“Moon mother,” tha woman sang back, “I am lonely an’ dinna ‘av a family.”

Tha moon fell silent, sad ta see one of Earth’s cre-tures so bereft.

“Well, then, come live with me ‘an be my Shepherd,” mother moon offered.

Tha she-wolf took a step into the water… an’ ‘er pelt turned silver! Deeper an’ deeper she swam, fur shimmerin’ in tha waves. ‘Er tail turned into fins… body strong and able as she coursed though tha’ wat’r. Miraculously, tha she-wolf turned into tha most bonnie fish. She lept from tha water, thankin' tha moon!

“Child, you an’ I will help those who are lost in this world,” the moon instructed. “Together, we will swim thru tha dreams of yer kind, and be a beacon of hope for those who need it.”

Njord fell silent for a moment. “Tha she-wolf is still out at sea to this day… and I’ll tell you a secret… I saw ‘er on my journey to Meares Island! She saved yer Da from drownin'.”
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Song of the Sea - by Njord - September 08, 2021, 05:59 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Mireille - September 08, 2021, 06:03 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Sobo - September 12, 2021, 11:41 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Njord - October 04, 2021, 09:53 AM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Mireille - October 12, 2021, 04:28 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Sobo - October 21, 2021, 03:50 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Njord - October 21, 2021, 08:16 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Mireille - October 31, 2021, 04:02 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Sobo - November 08, 2021, 02:26 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Njord - November 11, 2021, 11:43 AM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Mireille - November 16, 2021, 03:59 PM