Dragoncrest Cliffs in a tidal wave of [m]ystery
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
They ambled together, side by side, as Meerkat laid her cards on the table. It felt good to walk together in this way and it made Njord feel truly level. He appreciated her sincere honesty and, though his emotions did travel through small peaks and valleys, he was eager to hear her out.

"You are brave for holdin' yer ground and bein' true to yerself," the seafarer complimented. "It's attractive. An... I consider myself verra lucky to av turned yer eye." Njord admired her ability to follow her heart, and couldn't help feeling special by being the chosen one. 

Meerkat had turned down Duskfire's alpha to be with him. This man sounded like he wouldn't go down without a fight -- but the sandy emissary had shut that down, too. It was possible this Issorartuyok would return with ready fangs, regardless of her refusal. Fighting was one of Njord's weakest skills and, though he had the grit to spill all his blood to keep her, his stomach couldn't help but flip like a flapjack at the thought of losing Meerkat the same way he had lost Valmua.

Another thought crossed the redtail's mind. A similarity linked Issorartuyok to Njord's rival Kigipigak. They had the same harsh constants of a Northerner's name. If they were anything like one another, this man would be large, strong, and a good fighter. His face, though healed, stung anew. A chill ran down his spine, but he resolved to stand a little taller. "I would fight for you," he assured (even though it was a non-issue) with a serious face as his sea-colored eyes fell upon her.

Meerkat's mind sounded like it had been made up. Her touched stopped Njord in his tracks and her doe eyes and kisses softened his thoughtful expression. If I can still have this, then everything will be okay, she said. If Njord were human, he would have clasped her hands tight in return, roused like kindling turned to bonfire. Her candor was like his personal kryptonite. "Yer words.... you dinna ken what you do ta me," he alluded as he pressed his snout into the fur beneath the bulb of her ear and breathed deeply. In that moment, all he wanted to do was pull her down into the fresh snow.  

He lingered for a few seconds, but rocked back and resisted the urge with a small, sultry grumble. There were more things he needed to say.

"I like tha you want what is good fer you, an you ken the difference. Sometimes, its 'ard ta understand. I had a... similar revelation myself." Njord inhaled, gaze tracing Meerkat's face once again to measure her reactions. "I've been lookin' for a connection like tha one I 'av with you fer a long time. Last year, Rosalyn an' Erzulie wanted ta 'av children, and Erzulie asked me, and another man, ta be the sires. I agreed, thinkin' my heart would be full. That I could be tha father." A small smile feathered his lips but it quickly faded and his head shook. "I dinna ken what I was thinkin'. They know me as Da, but its not tha same." How could he explain the intricacies of their relationship? "I love em. I canna regret it and am 'appy they're in my life.... but in the end, they're the alpha's children. Rosalyn an' Erzulie 'av eachother... an' I was left alone." His lips stiffened. "I think fer a long time I was convincin' myself otherwise." 

A sigh whistled out his nose as he reflected back. He turned back to Meerkat. "I mean ta court you fully. When I look at you I see my future... but I understand if this changes 'ow ya feel fer me," he said. Maybe Meerkat was the type of woman who didn't want to deal with these kinds of complexities in her life. She was young, and deserved a full life.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
in a tidal wave of [m]ystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 01:27 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 05:56 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 06:15 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 10:16 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 11:29 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 09, 2022, 05:13 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 09, 2022, 08:53 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 01:06 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 10:03 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 05:47 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 06:50 PM