Broken Antler Fen haflat zifaf
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
open to anyone! jawahir doesn't know that the pack moved.

jawahir had done as they were instructed.
their journey took them down through the steppe and to the wood, and after some time navigating this, the coyote crossed the winding river within and came out the other side.
before them now: rolling hills dropping in to mire territory. the fen was not far.
somewhere among the fen-wolves was what pharaoh sought.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
teya, thinking of what eljay had said, wanted to return to the graves — if only for a day. 
she spent several hours at the gentle mounds, nestled close to them and allowing herself to grieve, allowing herself the anonymity of tears shed in the empty fen.
it was roteness that drew teya to the borders again, where she hastily wiped her eyes and looked curiously at the coyote. "i see you at the wedding, yes?" she said softly, though her gaze was filling with curiosity.
[Image: zTO57rj.png]
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
there was salt on the wind. it was not the season of rain and the sun shone unhindered overhead, making them seem out of place.
jawahir approached the mounds and saw, among them, a figure. it could have been a brother or sister to the kinz except — they turned and at once, recognition followed.
you were the wife of the loud man.
the courtesan swept close but not too close.
i come on the pharaoh's request, but this woman is alone - jawahir can see that it goes beyond the sanctity of the ground, her scent is different also.
ah, but i must be in the wrong place.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
wife! teya's breath sucked in. she knew not to deny it, but reyes had never called her that. the raven began to wonder if she would need to be the one opening this discussion.
"yes," she said sheepishly, ears cupping forward in the next moment with a new curiosity. "caldera disbanded. brecheliant move there now."
her heart galloped. wife. reyes. teya was flustered.
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
jawahir had not meant to cause upset in the woman, but saw something shift after they spoke, and gave a small smile.
learning of the fen-wolves and the changes to their claim was a tidbit of information the courtesan did not expect; they would relay this dutifully to ramesses upon their return. for now, teya was the focus.
i see, they murmured, settling to their haunches with a breath. then perhaps we can go there together? i have a proposition from my lord for your people. we can discuss this on the way.
or maybe jawahir should relax a moment and take a gander around the place, see the care that had been taken to these mounds even after the pack's departure; there was something sacred here.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
something for her people to hear? teya's brow furrowed, but she was so caught off-guard that she nodded. "yes." were they not allies, after all? brecheliant and the inhabitants of akashingo? it did not feel so much like a friend visiting, she decided, turning their path directly over the borders and toward the caldera.
"it must be important thing to bring you out in snow," the raven commented, setting a moderate trot in the direction of the wolves' new claim.
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
the woman agreed to be the coyote's guide.
it is important; all that my lord decrees is of great importance. this in particular, it will be for the future.
they did not wish to be cryptic or secretive. it was difficult for jawahir to put aside their natural inclinations. they followed the woman as any dutiful fellahin should.
let me explain.
among our number is a boy, a prince. ramesses seeks to find a wife for him. he wonders if there is someone suitable among your people - it would be a blessing to us both if so, and certainly unite our people in a new way.
jawahir watched teya as they spoke, and walked, and made sure to keep tempo with their steps; they gave their words time in the air to be taken in and understood, but soon enough were speaking again.
i can tell you more of the young man if this is something you would like? the hebsut wanted this to go well for ramesses' sake, yet was unsure of his choice; the red-furred man this one was partnered with, he had made such a scene before - what if all the people of the fen were like this?
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
teya thought that the way the coyote spoke about ramesses was quite intriguing. worshipful, even. the pharaoh had a prince and he sought a wife for the boy. so an arranged marriage, she thought. and she couldn't think of anyone who might fit that.
"so she would be ... princess?" she asked, and then nodded at jawahir's offer. "we are small. mostly this year children and some adults. um —"
there was one face that flashed to mind.
but she turned to her guest now, waiting to hear about this boy.
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
a princess, yes. their comfort and happiness will be of utmost importance, with only my lord ramesses and the queen above them.
jawahir paused to hear what teya had to say. that their numbers were few, that they had growing children but not likely someone suitable for such a match. it was not good news but jawahir would not be so easily off-put; they had a mission and would see it through.
the look from teya prompted the information the hebsut had promised.
you did not meet this young man at the wedding, as he was recovering from.. travel, that wasn't exactly a lie and it flowed from jawahir with ease. but he is young, darkly colored, and sharp of mind. his people are unlike ours from what i have gathered; he is of even temper, and has no interest in the fellahin of my lord.
perhaps that would be enough to intrigue some parts of teya's mind, assuage others, and leave her vacilating between wanting more knowledge and being pleased with what she'd heard.
his name is crowfeather. he is a dear friend to the queen.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
a princess. teya wondered if this meant that whoever accepted jawahir's offer would be given the same servants and luxuries that ramesses was afforded. and still she wasn't sure if she was comfortable volunteering anyone for this.
the woman trudged in silence, considering. this was a heavy ask for an ally, but at the same time, it seemed as though the woman who took the coyote up on it would have benefits in akashingo.
crowfeather. "i know him," she said, thinking of the hunt. "he and germanicus come to brecheliant. help us hunt." this was much more satisfactory and she relaxed somewhat.
three names. lele she concluded did not want to be married, especially not like this. and cinna was young. almost timid. that left lilitu. teya thought selfishly that the young woman was her last tie to ibis. but was this fair? 
"i think i have one name for you."
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
the name sparked something in teya.
jawahir was pleased that the boy was known; better for akashingo and the mission.

she had a name! it was a good first step.
jawahir is all smiles as they hike through the snow, the shadow, and along the winding trail with the fen-woman leading.

those tall ears fanned forward, eyes expectant.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
"her name lilitu," teya said shyly. "i not know how she feel about — marriages that are arranged." but ibis had been a plush and beautiful creature, almost royal herself. but did she want the girl to leave?
but lilitu was no longer a girl.
the decision did not belong to teya.
she gathered her breath once more and looked at jawahir. "she is kind. good heart."
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
jawahir listened.
it would be better to meet this girl and sway her somehow. would the fen-people be susceptible to bribery, and if so, what could the courtesan use?
in time they would meet, and jawahir would know.
i would very much like to meet this girl. eyes shining with warmth and curiosity.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
teya smiled. she had no reason not to take jawahir's words at the value of their wearer's interested face. 
"when we come to caldera. maybe you meet eljay too? he is auspex to brecheliant. i am raven." something about the coyote made her speak freely. perhaps it was the thought she had retained always of the wedding night and sayf.
did jawahir know?
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
i would gladly meet with your master, a brief quirk to their face, a smile, a flash in the eye. auspex. forgive me, it is not a word i know. your people they are different.

different did not mean terrible.
but they would nod, sparing a final glance to teya before the forest emptied towards the caldera. the borders would come soon and then jawahir would find a place to rest, to visit, and commune with the chosen girl.