Dragoncrest Cliffs deeper than any forest pri[m]eval, i am in love with you
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
946 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Meerkat was like a warm weighted blanket and, with her crown pressed against his jaw, Njord began to drift back off to sleep perfectly content. His breathing became rhythmic, heart swaddled by a blanket of new love. A dream began to play in his mind, but Meerkat’s voice permeated his reverie.

I - want - you - be - Njord. Only a few words landed, her soft voice hummed in his ear.

“Whasstha?” he mumbled incoherently as his head rocked to one side. Suddenly, Meerkat’s aggressive kissing stirred him wide awake.

Wake up, I’m telling you I love you and I want to marry you and have your babies. Njord’s face went blank as his slow, half-conscious mind processed his lover’s proclamation. But this time there was no denying what he had heard.

He smiled. Then a confused look. Blank again. Back to a smile. A bit of whiplash. Meerkat had floored it from 10 to 100mph. To jump from I love you to let’s get married and have babies was no small step.

All roads led to this end, anyway. Did it matter how it happened? An image of Meerkat decorated with a wreath of lavender sea heather crossed his mind

“Nothin’ could make me happier ta be your husband an' have you by my side forever. Have children together,” he said as he smoothed the hair of Meerkat’s cheek with a soft touch. A flicker of concern painted his visage as his paws moved to clutch Meerkat’s. “Are ya sure you want that? Ta be my wife? I dinna doubt your heart but… well,” he chuckled, “it’s tha middle of the night, mo chride.” There was a serious tone to his voice. Njord didn’t know if his heart would survive should Meerkat choose to rescind her offer.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: deeper than any forest primeval, i am in love with you - by Njord - February 09, 2022, 01:06 AM