Sunspire Mountains räven
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
607 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Read Only 
After a long respite in the vale, Druid Javelina—who was still getting used to thinking of herself by her new moniker—decided to climb out of the valley and get her bearings before deciding what came next. With the snake wound securely around her foreleg, she ascended the slopes of the neighboring Sunspire, pausing at the apex to study the views.

Almost immediately, she scented wolves in the canyon down below. Javelina blinked, pondering. Should she try to join a pack for support? She didn’t need to get close to anybody there. Was that even feasible? She sighed, glancing down at her only friend. They’d been managing pretty well in the vale, so why not just stay there, just the two of them?

Then she swore she caught a wisp of a familiar scent. Scowling now, Javelina found herself loping south, giving the canyon a wide berth as she headed toward its far side. Eventually she came to a creek. Toes nearly touching the water, she squinted at the mountains to her left. Her nostrils flared. Her heart pounded. She thought she might vomit.

Javelina splashed into the creek, crossing it and bursting into a gallop as soon as her paws hit the opposite shore. She could still smell him with every sharp breath, a bitter reminder of everything she’d lost to monsters, Mahler included. If she stayed anywhere near here, Javelina would never be able to escape the memories of her past. There was only one option remaining: she must get as far away from the Teekon Wilds as possible.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)