Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Random Event 
Likely everyone on the rise could hear the deep, hacking cough echoing through the pines throughout the night. Now the sound carried as Masquerade padded around the rise, pausing at intervals to succumb to what could only be called fits. There was a ceaseless tickle in the back of their throat, with the coughs as dry as they were harsh, and even many mouthfuls of snow did not remotely soothe it.

By midday, Masquerade’s chest and ribs ached with the persistence of it. They didn’t feel particularly poorly otherwise, though of course the affliction made it impossible to track prey or get almost anything else done. A cursory attempt to eat only set off the coughing even worse, leading Masque to abandon their meal and slink unhappily toward the rendezvous site, feeling wearier with every step.

Masque’s condition (nonspecific respiratory infection) is highly contagious! It’s totally optional but I encourage anyone who comes into contact with them to do a roll re: catching it. :)
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Caru*
310 Posts
Ooc — ???
I had done a google dice roll before this, and got an odd number (AKA, did not acquire the sickness!). Cameo!

There was a sickly scent upon the wind. New Snow could hear the hacking noises, too. She avoided Bloodspot entirely in these days, but did not abandon her. New Snow still hunted for Bloodspot, but the food acquired was left a decent distance from her. The aversion was instinctual, but New Snow still cared for the girl. Bloodspot was pack, and with that, a friend of her sons.

New Snow howled for Plant Man (@Ashlar). He seemed to be able to help others in giving them the greenery that the Wilds provided. Perhaps he could help young Bloodspot. New Snow set off to find @Bobcat and provide a warning to him, in their way, of what had befallen the young girl. He too could help while keeping his distance.