Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
Mamattuk Copse: @Inutsuk

Russet fur, with black tipped paws moved through the small wooded area. Black nose to the ground, warm yellow eyes tracing the movements beyond the branches and trees. He had found some ermine here on the mountain and he was after them. His bride price finished.

Broad shoulders folded and moved with each paw step, as he kept his attention upon the scent trail. Every inch the hunter, it showed in every movement that he made. He had grown into his body, into his skill and into his mind.

Suddenly a flurry of movement ahead of him, the tip of white tail, and he leapt forward. A growl and a snap of teeth and the ermine was crushed between his teeth and tongue. He lay it gently in the snow, not wanting to mar it's crisp white fur to badly. The water would take it out when he got it ready to dry, but he didn't wish it to be stain just in case.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
It wasn't a surprising thing that he still remembered the spine so well. He could recall most paths; especially those used as hunting paths. Of those housed by Moonglow, Inutsuk was the one least often to be found hunting. Only when required by Shikoba, would he seek a critter or two.

Moving in slow rhythm, he trailed the familiar path. The days were growing colder, but the man's thick pelt had not changed. It remained thick, readied for when the heavy snowfall arrived.

He did not expect to find company today, but when movement ahead caught his eye, Inutsuk shifted his attention. Someone hunted. He sat atop the mound, observing in silence. They did not seem overly familiar; though, he knew there were bound to be new faces among them. He had not been absent a short time, after all.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn felt the gentle brush of his ruff, that feeling of being watched and he lifted his head, quickly. Yellow eyes scanning the area, landing on the pale figure of the sickly man he had found at the borders.

Russet body shifted and he turned to meet the other's gaze, unflinching. Though he kept his stance neutral. Rodyn knew he had hurt Shikoba a female he held in high regard and it rankled. He was the father of Mojag, who had disappeared and been lost to them, looking for this man.

Though Rodyn was disgusted with himself, he couldn't stop the thoughts as they cantered through his head. However, he didn't speak them. Instead he bowed his head in greeting.

Inutsuk isn't it?
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
So sorry for the wait! Kinda forgot this existed, LOL

The hunter spoke his name. Inutsuk was surprised. They had met before, clearly — but the tawny man couldn't quite remember when.

You are correct, He replied, added a returned dip of his head.

Forgive me if I do not remember our first introduction ... what might your name be, hunter? If in any better condition, he may have felt embarrassed at having forgotten. But he did not. His expression remained neutral; slightly thoughtful, even.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
It's okay, it happens. LOL

There was no recognition in his gaze, and Rodyn couldn't say he was surprised. The male had been pretty out of it at the borders. He was sick or something.

Rodyn Ardeth is my name. It is good to see you up and about. You had me worried when you came upon the borders.

Rodyn shifted and moved a bit closer. Though he kept a respectable distance and a neutral stance. Even though he had hurt Shikoba, she had accepted him back. Therefore, it was not Rodyn's place to say otherwise. It was only his place to greet warmly.