Dragoncrest Cliffs i’m hoping that after this fever i’ll survive
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
952 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Glowing light bathed the cliffs, embellished by a winter shower, when the sun sank low towards the horizon. Even the dark bramble of the Tangle was not spared from dusk’s brightness. It cast long shadows across the ground like prison bars, through which Njord ran with urgency.

He squinted as the light flickered – changed. The pounding of his pawsteps drummed rhythmically with his heart. First, he careened by the Roja den… but there was no Meerkat. Then, their old place in the Greatpine… but still no sign of his wife.

Finally, he caught the seamother’s scent and hurried down towards the beach. By now, the moon had pushed the sun down into the sea, no different than two drowning animals fighting for air.

She was reposed on the sand, her fur still wet from swimming. Beautiful in the moonlight.

But her partner arrived in a state. Njord’s raw emotions pulled at his face. Deep brows were knit so tight that they overshadowed his eyes like a jagged cliff edge. The ire he felt was like fire in his veins… but great fear petrified his heart.

“Meerkat,”
he stoped to take a gulp of air. “Tha bear is back. A woman crawled across our borders. Barely alive.”
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: i’m hoping that after this fever i’ll survive - by Njord - January 17, 2023, 10:42 PM