Lion Head Mesa Hate when you tell me that you'll wait
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Private 
Slowly, Khaba grew to lose trust in many that surrounded him. But there was only one individual he could say that would never lose this. 

After having invited @Makono to join him for a walk outside of the palace where no ears could find them, the jodai was quick to the point. I am losing trust in many here.

The reason as per why had not yet been shared. More would come. Later.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
she welcomed him and for a while they moved in silence. her eyes occasionally closed when the winter wind reached to tussle her golden fur.

then his voice finally pierce the silence, and she knew to listen. she had learned that his voice was not wasted upon unneeded things. so what plagued him?

i do not believe you to be alone in it. but she said nothing more. not names, not judgements, not an utterance of more. he must forge on, for there must be a purpose.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
They both felt the same. But was it by fault of the same individuals?

They are corrupt, the lot of them. Words rasped with hint of a brewing snarl. Ramesses has poisoned their hearts, He didn't even care to call him as he was [mdash pharaoh — for Khaba hardly saw him as such.

He sits idly and enjoys his many pleasures and the blinded obedience he gets from all who come upon his doorstep. But what of Akashingo? What do they get from it all? A corrupt, egotistical leader. The intensity in his tome grew, more than it ever had since he'd first begun to speak. 

But that wasn't all. Khaba felt this in a personal sense as well. He named me jodai, but I don't feel as if I am. The other mazoi look to him first and me hardly ever. And most everyone else... they respect me naught[mdash nor do they have a sense of respect of law and how things are properly done. He wondered then if he should specify with his recent encounter to clarify his frustrations. But he would wait to settle that score at a later time.

It can't go on like this. The jodai paused his steps and looked to Makono, expression decisive and unchanging. He knew that this madness had to end, and surely she did too.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
she stood straight and strong. listened to the way the jodai spoke at length. when had he ever? never, she thought. nothing had seemingly moved him ever as much as this apparent unrest and disgruntled feelings did.

a corrupt, egotistical leader! the jodai spoke such treason with the ease of breathing and she wondered how long he had stewed upon this. apparently long enough to come to such a sharply pointed conclusion of things. that it could not go on!

tell me what you wish to see instead, jodai. he must speak freely now as he had in the previous lines. she could not move without his fuller, intense transparency.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Tell me what you wish to see instead.

It was a simple thing, no? He thought it so.

You. In his place. And me— He paused, eyes flickering with the tiniest movement as he studied her expression. — by your side. In which way, he did not care. So long as he was in a position able enough to protect her until fate deemed it her end.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
by her side! he spoke so brazenly and she looked at him with a warmth.

when the time is right, it will be so. but here she asked for patience. she asked him to see that she already moved in such ways.

@Senmut would not need to test the jodai if he already spoke these wishes to her so plainly!
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
When the time was right. But when would it be so?

You mustn't wait too long, A stern warning. Others will find too much time to place suspicions. In the coming days, you must be seen often in court, along with your father. If others note you missing from view, they will suspect you to be away and plotting. They could not have this if she was to take the throne. And soon.

Go nowhere alone, but don't take company in the same faces for too long. Then came a decision he didn't like much. I will keep my distance from you. For if others saw prince and seasoned soldier, surely they would think something ill of it. As for other actions, you must decipher whether you think it will implicate you or not. 

He knew what had to be done, but not when or how. That would be up to Makono. But for now, the least he could do was assist her in keeping far from the reach of blame when the time came.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.