Moonspear you could turn my sorrow into song
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
960 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Unfortunately, it had been poor Stingray who received the honor of helping his father through a full-blown panic attack. By now, Njord’s emotional river felt frozen over, as if the long days of their travel permitted his sorrow to be cataloged in his mind’s library.

In any case, this felt different than just sad. It was a new, complex grief that came and went like rolling waves. The man’s body didn’t quite know how to process it. In some moments he felt sick. In others, a dry feeling in the mouth preceded a bout of anxiety. Little things would bring tears to the corners of his eyes. Most of the time he just felt empty or detached.

Yet, the support Meerkat showed him stirred up something new. There was no need to walk this path alone… and there would be no more contempt shown towards him by those he cared about the most.

“Ah’d like that…” he said shakily at the prospect of a small ceremony. Sobo died in a horrific way. “I wish my child tae rest peacefully,” the father reflected.

Quiet tears finally rolled down his cheeks like thin ribbons. He sniffed, willing them away. A west gasp of air. Then, Njord centered himself. He had hurt Sobo to the point of falling out. Sobo had let his father go... And Njord had let his son go, too… but not really. Not in earnest. Maybe this ritual could be his final kindness. Finally saying goodbye to his boy and what could have been.

But it all felt too much.

Njord’s ears pinned against his head, reticent. He couldn't quite vocalize what he needed, but Meerkat seemed to know when she pulled him a little closer.

He breathed a great sigh before kissing his wife on the cheek, thankful to have her in his life.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
you could turn my sorrow into song - by Meerkat - January 31, 2023, 02:19 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Njord - January 31, 2023, 03:06 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Meerkat - January 31, 2023, 06:43 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Njord - January 31, 2023, 07:39 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Meerkat - January 31, 2023, 07:53 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Njord - January 31, 2023, 08:37 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Meerkat - January 31, 2023, 08:56 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Njord - January 31, 2023, 09:36 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Meerkat - January 31, 2023, 09:47 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Njord - January 31, 2023, 10:22 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Meerkat - January 31, 2023, 10:59 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Njord - January 31, 2023, 11:19 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Meerkat - January 31, 2023, 11:34 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Njord - January 31, 2023, 11:55 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Meerkat - February 01, 2023, 09:21 AM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Njord - February 01, 2023, 03:01 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Meerkat - February 01, 2023, 03:27 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Njord - February 01, 2023, 05:01 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Meerkat - February 01, 2023, 08:27 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Njord - February 01, 2023, 10:57 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Meerkat - February 01, 2023, 11:15 PM
RE: you could turn my sorrow into song - by Njord - February 01, 2023, 11:59 PM