Dragoncrest Cliffs There be no relief from grief
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
All Welcome 
Etienne walked through the pack lands. He wasn't certain where he fit right now. He had been learning to heal, but then his granme. His granme. And he stifled a small sob. Then he too a deep breath and closed his eyes. There was nothing to be done now.

He shifted and sniffed at different areas of the pack lands. He had cleaned out the roja den of what he could. He continued to leave gifts upon the graves of his granme and Sobo.
something is pulling me;
i feel the gravity
of it all
40 Posts
Ooc — Van
Cherub’s Wing of Honor was trying to find her footing again and learn her current limitations. Walking was becoming easier, though her limp was still quite pronounced, and running was not out of the question, but it could only be done under immense pain that would ebb after a few hours. She found it less and less agonizing each day to move her battered hip, and getting out of her den was starting to lift her spirits considerably.

Though certainly not as cheerful as before the bear, her kindness still remained, so when she saw one of Sapphique’s youths looking fairly forlorn, she approached without forethought. Hello, she said softly, trying to keep the limp from her step as she drew closer. Would you mind accompanying me to the lake? She didn’t need to ask if he was okay – none of them were – but maybe she could distract him from his troubles for a little while.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne was doing his best to make sure all was okay. He handled what he could of the wounds and the pains. Giving back what he had learned, but there was still much to learn. He briefly wondered about asking his manman who could teach him now?

Though he was distracted from his thoughts by a figure approaching. Wing something, but he believed she just went by wing.

'ello Miss. Wing. 'ow be dat leg of yours?

Pretty golden eyes looked her over and he smiled. Disarming and kind. I'd be glad be walkin wit' you.
something is pulling me;
i feel the gravity
of it all
40 Posts
Ooc — Van
Getting better every day, Wing smiled through the half-truth. Her wounds were healing but her mental bounce back was happening at an astoundingly slow pace. She blamed her own weaknesses, the imagined threat of poison in her system, the incoordination at the battle with the bear… At this point, she logically knew that her leg was improving, but sometimes she thought it was only getting worse – preparing to rot off at any moment.

The pale wolf took up residence at the masked boy’s side, realizing that she wasn’t much older than him, and he was quite cute; credit to his good genes and charming eyes. I appreciate the company… Etienne, right? Her tail wagged slowly as they traveled, and she tried to reduce the limp in her step. I hope I’m not taking you from something you’d rather be doing. He seemed like the type to be too polite to refuse her request.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne saw her struggle sometimes. He saw the limp. Just cause he didn't talk to many didn't change that he saw things. And Eti could certainly understand better than anyone the way your brain had difficulty bouncing back.

He smiled again and tilted his head towards her with a nod. Yes, but you can call me Eti. Most do.

A soft laugh. You be doing no such t'ing. I don't mind de walk. It be nice day for it and the lake is beautiful. Tell me about yourself, Miss. Wing.
something is pulling me;
i feel the gravity
of it all
40 Posts
Ooc — Van
Eti. Wing thought his name sounded better, more musical, when it wasn’t shortened, but she would have hated to seem rude by refusing his kind offer of a nickname. In her experience, most wolves didn’t give one – it simply came with familiarity. Oh good, she breathed when he confirmed that she was not taking him from something more pressing. The walk would’ve been lonely without him.

To his request, her brows lifted, and she looked at the ground ahead of them. Oh dear, I can hardly think of what to say… I don’t know where to start, Wing admitted after a thoughtful pause. Well, I suppose I should just start from the beginning, hm? Um, so, I was born on the Isle of Cranes. It is a peninsula that turns into an island when the snows melt, and it is on a very big lake. This is why I like to visit Glintwater. It is much smaller than the lake of my birthplace, but it reminds me of there.

She hesitated to go on, wondering what to say next.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
She could have continued to use his given name if she liked it. All too often outsiders had a hard time saying it, so it was easier to just shorten it for them. But he loved his name. Felt it fit him just perfectly. Just as Theo's and Suzu's names fit them.

You been to Sweet 'arbor? It be W'eeling gull Isle. Dere be a water bridge dere. Can only cross when tide is low.

Isle of de Cranes sounds sweet. W'at you be doin' for fun? I like to watch de sea and de stars. Love on my family.
something is pulling me;
i feel the gravity
of it all
40 Posts
Ooc — Van
Wing shook her head. I haven’t heard of such a place. Is it nearby? It sounds almost like my family’s Isle. The one fundamental difference being the ocean’s tides compared to a fairly still lake that only danced when the wind was upon it. She wondered if such a place would be advantageous to visit once her leg had healed more.

I’ve done my fair share of star-gazing and loving my family, she disclosed, a remorseful sort of smile briefly gracing her lips. I’m still quite new to sea-watching, which is very enjoyable, but on the Isle, I used to chase the cranes and race toads with my cousins for fun.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
He nods and motions with a gloved paw. It be dat way. I be takin you, w'en you be all 'ealed up, yes?

She looked sad and he brushed soft shoulder against hers show of companionship, understanding.

'ow you be racin' toadies?
something is pulling me;
i feel the gravity
of it all
40 Posts
Ooc — Van
Wing followed his motion with her eyes, peering down the distant coast and wondering how long the journey would be – how soon she could make it. I think I would like that, she mused, her voice thoughtful and airy, nearly lost to the breeze that pushed them along towards the lake.

She felt his shoulder brush gently against hers, and she had to fight the urge to pull away from him. Memories of her poisoned dreams flickered in her mind, telling her that she would infect him, but in defiance of these thoughts, she pressed into his touch and felt a tender edge of relief.

You’ve never raced toads before? she sounded almost surprised. She assumed all young wolves did it. Well, you catch a toad by a stream and take it up the nearest incline. Then you place them in a line and let them go all at once. You have to urge them down the hill without touching them again, and the first one to get their toad back to the water wins.

The thought of her many toad races put a genuine, reminiscent smile on her face. Sometimes you get lucky and catch a toad that hops back to the stream without any effort. But other times you’ll get a toad that won’t move at all or will hop in every direction but the way you want it to go. It’s a game of chance mostly.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne smiled. Alrig't den. It be a date. He meant nothing by it, it was just a day in the near future. A date to go to the short. Nothing romantic. He hadn't even begun to have the stirrings of romantic notions in his head yet.

He was pleased when she pressed against him. Everyone deserved a kind touch. And Etienne was a toucher. He was always trying to press close. Press his love and kindness into whomever needed it. As always he could feel the tenseness of her emotions as he could with most everyone and he wanted to fix it.

He shook his head. Then listened closely a smile breaking upon his face, and lighting up those golden eyes behind a mask of brown. I be likin' to try dis sometime.
something is pulling me;
i feel the gravity
of it all
40 Posts
Ooc — Van
Taking no deeper meaning from his words, Wing nodded, allowing herself a small smile that felt (for the first time in weeks) warmed from the inside out. She would wonder about this island later, as she went on to explain to Etienne one of her favorite pastimes.

He seemed interested by the end of her long-winded spiel, and her tail wagged, feeling eager to relive memories she had long left behind. I will teach you the game when the toads come out again, the girl offered. It is even more fun in a group. Do you think your siblings would like to try it?
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti was glad that he could offer her a happy spirit. He had realized quickly that it was easier to make all those around him aglow with happiness than himself. And he had endeavored to do so ever since. If he was giving this affliction of being able to feel the vibrations of the earth, and the vibrations of those around him. Then he was sure as shooting gonna use it to be as good as he could to others.

Etienne laughed warm and happy. Yes. T'eo loves anyt'ing dat 'as to do wit' p'ysical activity and Suzu, 'er loves nature and fun.

His eyes lit up at the thought of his siblings. Whom he loved so very much.