Redhawk Caldera When lightning crashes the sunrise
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia had figured that he hadn't told her his real name when he kept changing it. You didn't shed your name so easily when it was given to you, but she had realized that perhaps he needed the safety net. And she hoped that someday he would trust her enough with his secret or secrets.

A small smile lit up her green eyes and she looked him over, repeating the name to herself. It quite suits you that name. Very well Atreus. I will endeavor to call you that only when it's you and I. And I won't tell anyone about it, promise.

She held up a paw to show her seriousness, and she nudged him gently with her nose. Thank you for trusting me.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
She thanked him for trusting her, though Atreus was quick to tell her, You earned it. You’re like… my best friend but more than that. Realizing what he’d just said, he hurried to add, Not like… you know. Like in a motherly way. Or maybe a sisterly one. I wouldn’t know ‘cause I never really had either. But do you know what I’m trying to say?

This time, he huffed a laugh at himself and his inability to articulate. But he had a feeling Amalia would totally get him. She always did.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She giggled at his words and pressed a paw to his head in a sisterly nudge. Your like my son brother too. she teased him gently.

She huffed with a smile. but really you are family to me too and whethers its mother or sister i will take either.

She did know what he was trying to say and she appreciated it so much. Her love for him was great. And he had found a place in there right next to her blood ties.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
She teased him, though he didn’t mind it. And she followed up her ribbing with a sincere statement: he was family. Atreus looked into her eyes and nodded. He might not have a suitable title for her but he felt exactly the same way.

Well, I should get going if I want to make it back to the canyon before it gets dark, Atreus said reluctantly. I’ll come visit again soon. And you’re always welcome to come see me.

He prepared to take his leave, though of course he did not forget to press his muzzle to Amalia’s neck, then give her cheek a lick. He didn’t even feel that weird about it this time.

Bye, Amalia.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Bye Atreus.

She returned the gentle nudge and lick and then she would stand. Watch him until he was out of her sight. And only then would she return to the borders of her home. Anxious for his safe return.

And wondering at everything going on inside, Brecheliant. She felt oddly disjointed, as if unsure where she fit.