Chimera Fields lost landscapes, lit by flowers and crystal cascades
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
All Welcome 
through the shadows of tall trunks that led to ever expanding branches and leaves where no debris or the sun or moon could even so much as peek in, the brightness of whatever was ahead of her attracted a wolf that stumbled her way through the neverwinter forest. where is this, where am i even headed, she wondered. but after finally craning her head out from the cover of the dense forest, and the bottom of her paw touched the soft, warm soil of a place embraced by sunlight did the wolf receive her answer..

iiana's eyes fluttered to adjust to the light after skulking through the forest. once her eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight, her eyes widened like that of a pup opening its eyes for the first time. breathless, her maw hung ajar just slightly before gently stepping into the field.
after winter, she'd forgotten the inherit beauty there  was to be found. of course, spring had only just started. the flowers have yet to bloom their brightest colors.
iiana took small steps into the field, taking in the sight just a little more.

fortunately, she'd already found herself a snack, so a brief distraction and a moment to relax shouldn't hurt her much. her paws brushed against the wildflowers that spread across the field as she attempted to avoid hurting their delicate stems.
[Image: Illustration458-1.png]
the taste of salt at the tip of my tongue means i am home
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn pushed into the lower lands. His thoughts far away on Samani and their home they were making. But he moved into the tall shadows and tree trunks. It was dark, but there was prey here. Good amounts of prey.

Rodyn walked and briefly stopped as his paws brushed a carpet of wildflowers. It was beautiful here, it had been last year and it was the same this year. He was distracted by the flowers and the lifted his head to meet the gaze of another. He froze and offered a smile.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude. Tail waved behind him. I'm Rodyn Ardeth. Then he stood quietly looking around him. It was beauitful here. He needed to bring Samani here.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
the sound of a stranger's voice snapped the distracted wolf back to reality, and she turned her head to the direction of them. a fellow wolf, she noted. her tail wagged, excited at the sight of the stranger but she maintained her position.

"oh, no worries. i was just admiring the scenary for a moment.." a sigh dragged out of her as she snuck one final glance at the beautiful fields before the pair. "i'm Iiana Ozia, it's nice to meet you, mister Ardeth." she returned rodyn's smile with that of her own, tail still betraying her excitement.

her eyes then dragged downwards to catch the sight of the trail both wolves left behind in the grass, realizing they'd gone a similar path through the neverwinter forest. though it was a shame they'd made an unavoidable damage to the once undisturbed grass, she knew in some time, those tracks would be replaced with new grass ready and the field's untampered beauty restored until the next wolf came along.

"hah, have you come to smell the roses too?" she chortled, breaking eye contact once more as she leaned down closer where the wildflowers could brush against her russet muzzle and the light aroma could tickle her senses.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A dip of his russet muzzle, and a weave of his tail. There was a small smile on his face. She was kind, it seemed. And friendly. Those were the type of wolves he liked.

He looked around them. It is very pretty, but you should see it come full spring and there is a place there.

He pointed towards the firefly glen. At night it is aglow with the pretty bugs of light. They dance and buzz there, sharing their light to the faces of the flowers.

Pleasure is all mine Miss. Ozia.

He shook his head. No I'm beginning a pack with my intended Samani, and we need meat. I came down to hunt.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
iiana smiled at the other wolf's comment. "oh, i imagine so. i wonder if it is even more gorgeous during summer." she chuckled. the last statement caught the wolf's attention however. her lime green eyes brightened at the mention of a pack.
if she could get on rodyn's good side, could she possibly be offered a place in the pack? perhaps she could prove her worth in a hunt.

"i can assist you, if needed. hunting is always better with more wolves. i can't imagine a lone wolf can catch something more than a rabbit." she played coy as she spoke, aiming her muzzle high in hopes to catch a scent of nearby prey.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He nodded his head in agreement. It is. There's a silent heaviness to the nighttime then, but it's not necessarily bad, and the fireflies, just make it all the better. Especially if you can get them on a starless or moonless night.

He grinned. I always take help with hunting. What would you like to hunt? His tail wagged and he looked around motioning back the way he had come.

There's a deer pack that make their home there, there's some goat nearer to the mountain and here we have our pickings of rabbits, and birds.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
so sorry, for some reason im not getting any notifs on this thread.. maybe i didn't mark the subscription so hopefully i get notifs next reply

summer fireflies dancing and basking in their own glow in the deep blues of a cool night came to iiana's mind, and her gaze softened as if comforted by the mere thought of it. i'd love to see it some time then.. she hummed her response before turning her gaze to where the brute had motioned.

a herd of deer should be good. rabbits and birds don't provide much of a meal. besides, is back out there closer to your territory? if you've walked out this far that is.. she tilted her head curiously, beginning to take steps towards the direction before waiting for rodyn to follow.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
No worries love.

Rodyn enjoyed the sight of the fireflies himself. It was calming to the hunter. And also had a sense of mystery to it. That he couldn't quite place. It made him feel as if they were being visited by the stories of the fae his mother had told.

It is close to where we currently reside. Our new territory has the forest to the back and the sea to the front. I will take you there sometime, if you'd like to see it. That is if you're in the market for a pack.

He followed behind her. Deer should feed us all well. We can tend the fur too and it can be kept as a soft bed for a den.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
iiana chuckled at the idea of using the fur as bedding. she'd become so accustomed to just hoping the grass would provide her comfort through the nights that the thought of returning to the same spot to sleep in had become foreign to her. i've never heard of such a thing- using deer as bedding after food. but i'll take your word on it.

..i'm interested in a pack, of course. i think any wolf would be if they lived so much as a week alone. she spoke as she led the other, catching the faint scent of a herd up ahead that the wind had so graciously pushed to her nose.

hopefully one of those deer is wounded.. it'd make it a lot easier. or a calf- this would be around the time they'd have young, right? she asked as if she didn't know herself despite having learned to eagerly await the spring or summer for the abundance of food alone. iiana couldn't imagine a world without spring and summer, where the world somehow becomes more beautiful and the struggling of surviving another winter is paid off. she couldn't dream of anticipating the winter or fall, she didn't think any wolf would even entertain the idea of prefferring winter over the warmth and ease of spring.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn smiled. I hadn't either until I was in Moonglow. It is where my intended is from. It was there that I learned. And I have to admit. I don't much want to go back to not knowing that. It's too comfortable.

Well I'll extend an offer now to you. Should you like the hunt you and I go on and you want to meet Samani and come stay with us. You can.

He nodded. Some will have babes yes. I try not to kill the young too often, only so we have a ready source of food for the coming seasons. But we'll see what we can find. Would you like to lead or me? I can do either.

He smiled at her with a kindness in those yellow eyes of his and waited. They'd have fun, he always loved to hunt. There was just something about the way of the grass and the dirt. The feel of the wind as it hit you. So much, and so many feelings when hunting.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
iiana settled down in the grass, careful with how she approached once the herd came to vision. she smiled at the offer. of course.. thank you, i won't let you down. she chuckled quietly before stalking closer to the herd, observing closely which deer seemed to be the easiest for them to take down. she hadn't considered leaving some deer behind for the future. she'd always just assumed there was plenty to go about. but maybe when living in one place rather than on the move, it becomes crucial to leave room for the future.

you can lead, i can chase. she offered, briefly glancing to rodyn as she spoke. ..i think the doe to the right has already been attacked. she has an injured leg.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Streamlined movements. She was as eager as he to get a hunt started. He smiled at her words. He was fairly certain he'd like this one. She'd be a good addition to the place he and Samani were building.

He felt the ground beneath his feet. Ears twitch. Then he nodded. Alright wait for me to gwt on her left side and then help herd her away from the others. Mind antlers and hooves.

Then he melted into the grasses and trees swinging downwinfld from the herd until he would be in position to strike as she chased
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
iiana creeped through the grass, the sight of her target between the blades that brushed against her pelt. the deer seemed none the wiser at the wolves that had begun to approach, leaving iiana a little more confident in this hunt than she normally would have been.

she glanced back at the brown wolf, awaiting the signal as she remained deathly quiet. there was a clear excitement in her eyes, the ones of an eager yearling desperate to prove their might, an excitement that had been dulled through the passage time that only now resurfaced.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Grass brushed his body. Petal soft and light. He found it excited him further, meaning spring was fully along to stay andt hey could have more hunts. Build their packs mightier. he couldn't wait.

He dipped his head to her. And then as she would rush forward so would he. Hoping that she would mind the horns, the hooves and the bodies. She seemed capable. He hoped it was so.

Growls rent the air as he moved forward. Anxious to get it started and then ended, for only when it was over were they truly safe.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
upon the nod, the wolf leaped up from the brushes and sprinted after the deer. heads rose and some, including the target, began to panic while others stood their ground and lifted their hooves to attack the wolf. she gave a growl, flashing her teeth and threatening to bite while doing her best to avoid the onslaught of near hits against her body. she ran for the targetted doe, and once the doe began to run so did the rest of the herd.

iiana did her best to chase, nipping at the doe's ankles to slow her down. though she regretted getting so risky as instead she was met with a hoof to the nose. it hurt worse than any bite she'd ever felt, and she cursed herself and the doe for such a nasty kick. it staggered her but after regaining focus she picked up her speed and managed to bite down on the thigh, slowing down the doe long enough in hopes rodyn can then land a better bite.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn gave chase, snapping at the ones that were not targeted to get them away from his path. He kept his eyes on the doe, swerving through the pack. Iiana was doing well at keeping up. Though he faltered when he saw her get kicked, thoughts flashing to T.K, but it didn't seem to hurt her so bad she was rendered down.

He leapt at the does haunches drawing blood with teeth and claws, finally finding enough purchase to grip and tug at her off her feet. His momentum and her's upsetting her to her side. He hoped he could hold her long enough for his hunting partner to deliver the final blow. Teeth tearing, Growls lifting up.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
one final snarl from iiana sealed the doe's fate as her fangs sunk and tore into the doe's neck. the foul taste of iron invaded her senses, and the once struggling doe now lay lifelessly. the herd had gather far ahead, continuing on despite the loss.

the hazel coated wolf plopped onto the grass with a pant, but she smiled at the catch. hah! good work.. she spoke through breaths before standing. now how in the world they were going to drag this deadweight back to the territory, iiana had no clue.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
The girl had taken it's life quickly and without prejudice he smiled at it. He studied the beast and slowly circled it. Trying to decide what he could do with it then he nodded.

I can carry it aways or we can break it up and carry pieces at a time and cache the rest. Of course you should have some to eat. After all aprize like this is good eaten still warm. No.

His eyes twinkled at her and he motioned for her to go ahead. He'd work on tearing apart the hide at the hind legs. So that they could separate it.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
iiana returned a smile and began to dig in to a part of doe, tearing at the fur before turning her gaze up to the other wolf. 

you feel like my old man, you know. but you're about the same age as me, no? she spoke between chewing, lifting a claw to pick at her canines briefly before slouching to her side, watching as he tore at the carcass' leg.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He flicked an ear towards her as she looked up at him. Gently tearing at the one leg to pull the skin apart. he'd pull it up and over on the legs and then split it near it's belly and pull it from the creature with sharp teeth and claws. Hard work, but rewarding.

Not sure. I'll be 3 soon enough. he had to think for a moment and was momentariliy surprised when he realized his birthday was soon. He'd be 3 had he really been here only a little less than a year? How amazing.

Your old man a good guy? he asked quietly as he worked.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
ah, you're probably.older. she said this briefly before continuing ripping at her meal. she hadn't considered her own birthday yet, but she hoped she could reach it while spending her time here and with a pack if all went well for her.

she considered the question proposed for a minute, remaining silent as she pondered. iiana then swallowed the thoroughly chewed chunk before finally respondiny. i guess so. he did what any father would; raise his pups until they were old enough to fend for themselves. 
she'd never thought of it before. she admittedly somewhat took her birthpack for granted..
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn chuckled. A little surprised himself at how old he was. He didn't always feel his age, but he didn't feel like a child any longer either as he had when he had first arrived. He had grown into his own. He liked that.

A soft nod. My old man was a good guy mostly too. Sometimes we don't realize what they did for us until we are old and gone from them. I'm glad he was good. ALl to often there are bad ones and that's unfair to the innocent ones.

Finally he had the skin off and he slowly started sectioning the deer. They could carry pieces. And bury some and come back for it later. It was all that could be done. He briefly wondered about calling for Samani or Void or even Melaneus if he was near, but didn't.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
that's true. hah, i think i just didn't realize how good life is when you're surrounded by other wolves.. hunts are easier, more rewarding then. like now! but every pup has to set out on their own eventually right? 
as she spoke, iiana picked up a chunk to help carry back to camp. it was heavy, but she could manage. it had to get moved somehow to make sure the carrions don't swoop in and eat the labor of their hunt before anyone else could.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Would you like to fade here and have a new one? :)

He nodded his head. Yes sometimes we take much for granted. And it is only when our character is being tested that we realize. But it is in these little moments we find out what we are made of.

He moved to help her. He could carry more than she could and he would return to bury it until he could take the rest to Moontide.

Thank you for your help in hunting.
Moontide
First Trader

spring flower in snow
100 Posts
Ooc — bon
Away
sure! i wouldnt mind. i just saw the thread you opened! so ill respond there when i can
she took a moment to respond, busy with carrying the result of their hunt before giving an affirming nod.
anytime. 
iiana spoke through the meat, satisfied with her day.