Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Limit Two 
She came to the lodge of @Nasamik, @Chakliux, and @Kannoyak today, a bundle of herbs in her mouth. Sialuk thought of Argent today, those blue eyes against lustrous fur. A smile crept to her lips, though her expression became more neutral as she approached the lodge. @Raiyuk played nearby, Kannoyak watching, and Sialuk nodded in greeting to them. The boy's mother and father were no doubt nearby, and Sialuk dropped the bundle near the entrance to their home, calling softly into the darkness.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
his son grew, and so did the seal hunter's want to be beside the sea. it would come in its time. he would learn to be patient. for now he idled on thoughts of a second wife. usually it would be of help due to many children. but raiyuk alone lived among them. kannoyak had not married.
"hello, rainstar." his voice was gentle as he crossed the threshold to greet the leader of moonspear, his eyes a caress.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Chakliux greeted her, and Sialuk peered into the darkness of the den for Nasamik, but she would not pull her out if she was there. She sensed... something from the woman. Perhaps resistance to the ways of village Moonspear, though Sialuk could not say.

A gift, she said, her paw atop the bundle. Bury in the back of your lodge to bring growth to Raiyuk. Her eyes swept over to the boy, smiling. He may not need charms! The boy grew large, and she knew that Chakliux and his wife would be proud of him.

No parting word from Quennell? she asked, concern in her voice. He had been gone for many weeks, and he had not come to her before departing. She hoped that he was well, wherever he might be.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux was surprised that the sunshine woman knew these things. but it was not a bad thing; he flashed a smile and took what she offered, admiring her care for raiyuk.
the seal hunter's face grew somber now. he shook his head. "little warrior who walks beneath a heavy cloud. he will wander before his heart is settled."
and perhaps it was good this way, and perhaps it was not. but it was the way of boys, especially boys on the edge of becoming men.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
To hear that he had not had parting words with his lodge people was worrisome, but Chakliux believed him to be wandering. I know this well, she said, a solemn nod. Many months were spent on a journey to clear a cloud from my own spirit. It was only when this was done that I could return to Moonspear and make it into the village it is. And what a village it was! She would think of the little warrior during her time in front of the shrine tonight.

Sialuk moved away from the entrance of the lodge, giving Nasamik space if she rested there. @Njord and @Stingray will travel to Moontide soon, she said. @Meerkat may need help from the lodge when they depart. It was a small ask, but Sialuk wished to let them know in advance. Only together could they hope to raise this year's babes.

When they return, husband and wife should take time alone together. Without Raiyuk, she suggested. It is good for the health of the lodge, yes?
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux smiled. "it is a place of kindness and peace." he was glad that the spirits of his children who had not lived, that they would not suffer, but travel for eternity the warmth of this sacred mountain.
hidden beneath the plush fur of his throat remained the flower she had once given him.
"yes, i think this is good," chakliux said with a low flush, thinking now of nasamik and how he hungered for her. was sialuk lonely to know these things? he did not think the rainstar slept alone.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
She is well? Sialuk asked. Nasamik? Either the wife and new mother avoided her, or the timing had simply been off. In either case, Sialuk felt a rift between them, and it was something the starwoman wished to mend. It was not good to go such lengths of time without sharing words, and she worried it would bring bad luck to the village.

If Nasamik parted with village Moonglow, Chakliux was sure to follow, but his debt had not been paid.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"she is well. she is returning to herself." women changed with children. sialuk would come to know this. chakliux thought too of that promise, the unfinished debt.
"perhaps a second wife will help her to feel more at ease." he did not think so, but maybe sialuk knew more what the heart of a woman wanted.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
we can archive here or feel free to post once more!

Perhaps, Sialuk thought aloud. But perhaps Nasamik felt a threat from the starwoman. She had nothing to fear, but that did not mean her heart would not feel this way. Sialuk frowned, wishing there were an easy way to mend whatever had split Nasamik from the remainder of the village.

I will come again another time for Nasamik, she said. Send her my blessings. For now, there were other things for Sialuk to attend to.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO