Noctisardor Bypass who the hell is edgar?
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
607 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Druid sat among the trees lining Silverstream, waiting for her stomach to calm down after its latest upset. When she felt well enough, she pushed onto all fours and loped east toward The Giant, though she wouldn’t go as far as the ancient tree. She planned to turn south at the rivulet and head toward Dawnleaf.

But she couldn’t stop thinking about something, which had her rolling to a stop just west of Brookblind. She planted her feet and howled for @John. @Heda had said he deserved to rest too. Druid considered this as she paced between waterways, awaiting the man’s audience.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
117 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
The unfamiliar howl of Druid rang out, and John followed, leaving whatever it was he was doing at the time. He trotted briskly towards the sound, as it was the best way for him to get around, being that he wasn’t all too familiar with Rivenwood and its locations.

Once he came upon a river which wrapped around part of a giant boulder, he slowed to a walk. He looked for the dark colored woman, and when he spotted her, he took steps towards her, a swish of his tail in greeting: ”Good morning, Druid. To what do I owe the pleasure?”

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
607 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid knew very little about John, save that he seemed to be a hale young wolf keen to follow her sister. That was enough to earn her favor, though she looked forward to getting to know him better, particularly now that they shared a home.

He came promptly, earning a smile and a wave of Druid’s tail. He was a handsome fellow, with a pleasant manner. She wondered if he had feelings for her sister. And what did Heda think of John, exactly?

Hello, John, thank you for coming so quickly. I wanted to ask you for a favor, possibly. Heda wants to locate her other children and bring them here. I was wondering if you knew where to find them. Would they know you, listen to you, if you sought them out and told them about Rivenwood? She didn’t want me to ask this of you but I can’t help but inquire. I want to see my sister reunited with her children but neither she nor I should leave the safety of Rivenwood if we can help it.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
117 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
After listening intently on what Druid had to say, he gave her a nod, “Of course. I’m in full agreement.” “I myself would also be joyed to see Heda’s family all reunited. Now that home has been found, the last step is getting everyone back together.” He replied, then addressing her question: “The boys? I believe so, and I’m sure they miss their mother terribly. I doubt there’ll be much trouble getting them back.”

He had a hunch on what she was about to ask, but what she’d say next would confirm it.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)

Rivenwood
Den Mother*
607 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Everything John said corroborated Druid’s idea. He likely knew what she was going to ask next. She wondered if he was willing or if would invoke his right to rest, as Heda insisted. Druid wouldn’t fault him if he declined for that or any other reason. It was a lot to ask of a stranger.

I would ask Glaukos to go and look for them, fetch them back here, but they don’t know him, nor me. I was wondering if you would go—either by yourself, or along with Heda, if she insists on going. She doesn’t want to ask this of you and I don’t ask lightly, though if you’d rather not, I want you to know I understand. We’ll figure it out, one way or another.
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
117 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
His hunch was right, and he perked up a little more, sitting a little straighter. She offered herself or her mate Glaukos to go, but the children wouldn’t know who either of them were. He had a look of determination in his eyes: “Either way, I will go. I am more than willing go in search of them, bring them back home.” He reassured her.

He admired how she cared for her sister, which should be a given, but family doesn’t always stick together as closely as others. And with that being so, forever cherish what you have.

“If Heda worries for me, I do appreciate it, but she need not. When I go, reassure her that I will be in safe hands.” Figuratively speaking.

Rivenwood
Den Mother*
607 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
His posture shifted, becoming resolute. John seemed more than prepared to accept this assignment, brushing off Heda’s concerns. Druid smiled, grateful that he’d risen to the task and pleased to have someone like him among the ranks of Rivenwood.

Before you go, Glaukos and I will hunt for you so you don’t have to worry about provisions. If you like, I can fix up a den for you while you’re gone, so you have someplace warm to come home to, Druid offered. It’s the least I can do.

She could also make ready some dens for Heda’s sons, should John succeed in finding them and bringing them home to Rivenwood. Perhaps the others would enjoy helping her in this endeavor. Druid stowed the thought for the moment.
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
117 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
She appeared very grateful for his accepting of the task. She offered to build him a den, so he could come home to somewhere warm. She didn’t have to do that, but he would let her, being that she said it’s the least she could do.

“Thank you, Druid. That sounds perfect, and once you have it all together, give me another howl. I look forward to my journey, and hopefully a successful outcome.” 

He himself was grateful for what had come to be, things seemed to be pulling back together after being torn apart. 

Thanks for the awesome thread, I do quite enjoy writing with you and your great toons. :3

Rivenwood
Den Mother*
607 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
He accepted everything she offered. Druid’s tail flicked as she let herself feel a measure of relief. Heda would be safer here in Rivenwood, where the expecting mother could get lots of rest and plenty to eat.

Me too, she agreed with John’s statement. I’ll go find Glaukos now. We’ll hunt everything we can, then I’ll call for you this evening. You can set out first thing tomorrow, Druid suggested, though really it was up to him when he wanted to disembark.

She began to turn, then paused to say one more time, Thank you, John, it means a lot. We’re lucky to have you. I’ll make sure you’ll be very comfortable and happy here in Rivenwood. See you in a bit.

With a dip of her head, the gray she-wolf departed to find her hunting partner.

I enjoyed it too! Please feel free to assume Druid brought him some food behind the scenes.
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
117 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Her warm words and wishes made him feel warmer in this cold day, and he gave a wag Druid’s way, “Of course. You’re family, and family must stick together.” 

As they began to part ways, he called back once more, “I’ll be sure to see you before I go, and whoever else want’s to bid farewell.” Then, he trotted off and away from Brookblind, with a mission and soon a plan.

Sounds good!