Ocean's Breath Plateau seven
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
All Welcome 
Permission to PP Ceridwen was granted by Me!

Some rabbits were placed at Sylvie's paws, and she hoped it was enough to suffice. She and @Ceridwen had decided to start their adventure at Moontide, and they thought it'd be polite to bring something to trade for a history lesson.

It felt like there were butterflies in her stomach; she wasn't good at socializing like this! But, thankfully, she had her sister at her side. She took a deep breath, hoping to ease the pounding of her heart, and hesitated to call out to the pack—maybe they'd get lucky, and somebody on patrol would find them!

After some encouragement from Ceridwen, Sylvie tipped her head back and howled, requesting the presence of anybody who could help her learn the pack's history.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn heard a howl and headed towards it. They hadn't had many visitors that he had intercepted in a while. But he was teuing to be bettwr.

A small smile of greeting. Body heldcwith pride, but not overbearing. He was proud of what they had built here.

I'm Rodyn. Leader of Moontide. How can I be of assistance.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
A proud man greeted them, and although he wasn't overbearing, Sylvie felt immediately nervous in his presence. H-Hi, Rodyn, she said in turn, mustering the courage to continue her mission. My n-name is Sylvie, and t-this is my s-sister, Ceridwen. W-We're from Brecheliant.

I-I'm a historian who wants t-to learn a-about how the packs in the a-area came to be, and I-I was hoping you could help. She looked down at her offerings and smiled. I-I even brought snacks a-as a thanks!

I-Is there any c-chance y-you could help me? I-I'd really appreciate it.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Noticing her anxiety. He immediately adjusted his stance. Settled to his haunches. His smile softer, eyes gentle.lr.

Hello Sylvie. I can help you. But theres a lot. Do you have time to hear it all? Would you like to rest first?

She seemed sweet and he didn't want to be 9verbearing or make her tored. And if staying a few days would make her more comfortable.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Sylvie felt immediately more comfortable when Rodyn sat, and she followed suit and offered a grateful smile. He then offered them the chance to rest, which surprised her, and she nodded. R-Rest would be great, she answered.

A-And I can help o-out! J-Just let me k-know what I can do in r-return! She appreciated his offer and didn't want to seem like she wasn't; she knew he didn't need to do this.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
She seemed a little calmer when he sat. Good. And her intent was a pleasant one. Though some of the telling wouldn't be so pleasant, but that was okay.

Then please come on in. We'll find you a den to rest in. Thank you for the meal. And we can chat tomorrow maybe.

He chuckled softly. No need to help us out today and you already brought a meal. Rest will be good for you.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
He was a gentleman—and quite handsome at that! Sylvie found herself thinking this the more she looked at him, making her all the more nervous. She swallowed hard and nodded, flashing him an appreciative grin. T-That would be a-awesome! Thank y-you so m-much for the hospitality.

She picked up the offerings and waited for his lead.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn would have enjoyed her thoughts. At least the gentleman one. He prided himself on such things. Did that mean he didn't like being called handsome. Not exactly, but he was still a little shy about that.

You're welcome. And then I'll share all I can about the pack's history. Which I was one of the founders with ny late wife. So i can give you what you need.

A twinge of grief. A shadowing of his yellow gaze, but he knew this was the way of things. He missed her would always miss her, but he also must heal.

would you like a time skip or to post a few threads in getting information from all around? And another thread from Rodyn?
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
A few threads would be awesome, if you don’t mind!

O-Oh, she said quietly, voice partially muffled by the bodies she carried. I-I'm so sorry for your loss. You are v-very strong to continue on. Although she'd never considered marrying anybody, simply because she didn't think anybody would want to marry her, she couldn't imagine the pain he'd endured.

She then looked around, feeling the chill of the salt-air comb through her fur, and found it pleasant. You picked a lovely home, she complimented, looking to the ocean. I-I've never s-seen t-the ocean before—it's huge! she turned back to him, her eyes shining.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
I dont mind at all. She has free rein to make a few threads in the lands. And I can start another for her if you'd like.

Rodyn smiled sadly. It hasn't been easy. But I have our children to help me remember her. I have my own memory and this pack was built for her.

Rodyn believed the pretty girl in front of him would find her own love story. He wished it in fact, because everyone should have a great love in their life.

He chuckled. I am a forest guy myself, but it is why we chose here. The firest at our backs and the icean at our fronts. My wife was a sea girl. Loved everything about it. Like her father.

He stopped to point out over it with his nose. It goes further than the eye can see and further still.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Sylvie nodded. S-So ... I assume you guys have been here a while? she asked, putting together the context clues to come to that conclusion; their scent was strong in the salt air.

It seemed as though Rodyn and his former wife had found a perfect place to settle, and she felt terrible that the latter wasn't here to enjoy it with her family. Sometimes, life wasn't fair; this was an example of it.

With her attention turned towards the ocean, she stared at it, almost entranced by its beauty. D-Does anybody know what's o-out there? she asked, knowing something had to be out there.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He had to think. Perhaps a little less than a year, and yet maybe not. It had been so quick and here they were.

Perhaps a little under a year. But the family has been in the wilds for sometime.

He nodded. Some do. There are fish bigger than wolves that can pull you down in the depths, but also many colored fish tiny and small in the edges. But no one knows the full breadth. It is impossible to know. It goes for miles without land. You couldn't swim it.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
It would be awesome if you could start another thread! Sorry for the delay on my part in answering!

When he said the family, Sylvie could only assume that he meant: Her family, right? The moon wolves? She paused, thinking about how her sister would soon marry into the family. My sister will be a moon wolf soon, too. She lives in Moon ... which one was it? Glow? I think? The family was vast, and there were too many things to remember about them. She's going to get married this year.

Horror was written all over Sylvie's face as he described the creatures of the deep, and she almost gawked as she studied the water. T-That's terrifying! she remarked.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
I'll start another

He nodded. Yes. My family is not from here. I journied far to come here.

He tilted an ear forward and smiled. The only wolf he could think of was Kivaluk. Kivaluk and Chickadee??

He was fairly certain that was her name, but just in case he was wrong. He asked.

He saw her small balk and he moved closer protectively, but gave enough space. Looked out over.

It is, but they may think the same about us. You never know. The larger ones don't come close to the beach often. They stay where it is deeper.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Thank you!!

Yes! she answered, nodding enthusiastically. My sister is Chickadee! Despite the enthusiasm, there was a longing in her heart. It'd been ages since she'd seen her younger sister, and she was excited to see her when she and Ceridwen went to Moonglow.

His reassurance made her feel a bit better, and she sighed in relief. So ... does that mean it's safe to go and touch the water? I've never touched the ocean before. It was something she'd never thought she'd do, a bucket list item that had been gathering dust.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He smiled. I have known Kivaluk since he was young boy. He took up the mantle of first hunter when I came here. He is a good man. And he will be good to your sister.

Kivaluk had his own set of challenges, but he had risen above them gracefully.

A soft chuckle. Sure. Come on. I'll walk up with you. Don't drink it. Make you sick. But you can tast a drop. Salty.

He woukd kead her to the eater. Russet feet sinking into soft sand.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
She was eased to hear that Kivaluk was a good man and breathed a sigh of relief. That's good to know, she said. I've never met him, but it's good to hear he's a good guy. Chickadee only deserved the best, and it seemed like she was getting it.

Her face lit up when he offered to take her to the shore, and she smiled. T-Thanks! she said, following with more pep in her step. I won't drink it, I promise! The sand was difficult to navigate, and she needed to catch her breath. But, despite this, she carried on, too eager to get to the water.

When they arrived, Sylvie galloped to the water line so that the water would touch her toes, but just as she stopped, the tide came in, covering her paws and causing her to be ankle-deep. She gasped in surprise, looking down as she watched the water roll back to sea.

I forgot that the ocean moved! she said with a laugh, her tail wagging.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn smiled. Part of him realized he maybe a bit biased when it came to Moonglow. But they had done nothing but treat him well since he had arrived.

They stopped a few times. Which he could understand and feel that way. He remembered his first trip to the ocean and how hard it had been to navigate l. Without Meerkat he would have had a harder time.

A gentle laugh. Yea. You gotta watch it. Lady sea can be tricky. Full of might and yet gentle too.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Oh, I'll keep my eyes on her, she said with a laugh, preparing herself for the next wave. When it began to roll in, Sylvie reared and then dropped down again, splashing herself and sending water droplets in all directions.

This was great—she felt like a puppy again!
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Her laughter was infectious and he laughed. But kept a careful eye. Watcjing to be sure she would be safe.

She gamboled and played like a pup. Spraying him with water. He took a gasp of air as water came cascading across his face. And with a deft flick of hunter paws pushed water in her direction.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Hey! she said with a laugh as water was sent her way. She supposed she deserved it, especially since she'd been the first to strike. She whirled around to face Rodyn and dropped into a play bow as the tide returned. She cringed, bracing herself against the cold, but kept her position.

Then, as the water rolled away again, she scooped some into her arm and flung it in his direction.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Though he usually only played with his sons. He bent down to touch the dirt. Blocky shoulders. A little unsure. Part of him feel8ng great guilt to be playing while his wife wasn't here. And yet part of him heard her laughter. And knew she wouldn't mind.

He darted to the side. Water soaking his front. As he dashed to splash water at her and then ran back again. Yellow eyes aglow with small grief streaked happiness.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
He took the brunt of the water on his chest, and she couldn't help but notice how the water enhanced her view of his muscles. She couldn't help but stare and only got out of her trance by the slap of water that struck her cheek.

Ohhhhhh! she exclaimed, wiping her face, You're gonna get it!

She charged towards him, flinging water in his direction as she jogged through the tide.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
As always from his humbleness. Rodyn didn't notice her gaze upon his chest. Or the way she stared longer than necessary. Though he did feel bad when he got her fully in the face with the slap of icy water.

But she took it in stride. A bark of laughter as she flung water at him. He tried to escape, but water logged him down and he wasn't as fast as usual. It struck him along his left side now. Dripping down his face.
Brecheliant
NPC
right where you left me
81 Posts
Ooc — Chan
The subsequent onslaught of water soaked Sylvie, making her realize how cold it was. She began to shiver, side-stepping away from the water and lifting up a paw.

I s-surrender! she said through clacking teeth.