Blackfeather Woods you are only coming through in waves
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
In her rage, she didn't see him. She didn't see him until she had quieted down, and noticed his body language, tail tucked, uncertain. She'd lost herself and had lost sight of him as well; this was meant to be a conversation, and she'd turned it into a tirade. One he hadn't deserved to weather.

And yet, he was gracious enough to still reach out.

I love you, Maegi responded, a lump rising in her throat. She didn't deserve him. I'm sorry, Rowan. The demons I've been fighting have nothing to do with you.

She lifted her eyes to the trees, to where the ravens had slowly, one by one, returned. Watching them. I'm so proud of you. I know you can make a home of this place, a better home than any of my family could have imagined. I just—can't be here for you when you do.

Slowly, Maegi stepped toward the young man, her body language now just as submissive. Tail tucked, eyes lowered in the utmost deference to the new keeper of Blackfeather Woods.

Keep your faith, she whispered, placing her nose against his cheek. And always stay true to yourself.

The Melonii left the scene, then, in a loping pale blur through the roses. She would leave not more than three days later, and hoped to never return.
Messages In This Thread
you are only coming through in waves - by Maegi - November 15, 2020, 08:22 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Rowan - November 16, 2020, 12:39 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Maegi - November 17, 2020, 11:44 AM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Rowan - November 17, 2020, 12:42 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Maegi - November 18, 2020, 04:14 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Rowan - November 18, 2020, 05:13 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Maegi - November 19, 2020, 02:27 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Rowan - November 19, 2020, 03:12 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Maegi - November 23, 2020, 07:38 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Rowan - November 26, 2020, 02:25 PM