Otter Creek maw
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
658 Posts
Ooc — anon
the Gods? he had asked; an innocent question! and in this moment, every ounce of her training was exercised for her features not to go aghast at the comment; did he not know of the Gods?
was he a heathen?
but if that was so, then this must be why their paths had crossed! other, of course, than for her to find a friend! the Gods were what Toula loved most, and to have someone to speak of them anew... the thought thrilled her! the Gods, Toula repeated then, her tone reverent and warm, Ra, Osiris, Amun, Iset... I name a few, because perhaps one of Their names might be familiar to you. have you not heard of Them?
she had heard, too, of other faiths! Basilica's! and so perhaps this one before her might have his own Gods. while they (and that) would interest her, none had her heart so much as her own did. but then, she knew no Others!
Toula drew a little closer, smiling brightly as he mentioned that he would not mind a friend. well, then, if you are a friend of mine, you must come to the winter feast that I and my mother are hosting at Akashingo, she insisted with a wave of her tail. I would love to see you there, she admitted; Toula felt she would think after this well spoken man, even after they were apart! it would make her happy, to know for certain she would see him again!
Toula smiled to Emmerich. I have not heard much of it, either. they too have a religion they follow, which I am most interested to learn, she hummed, but I hope I can teach them of my Gods, and that they will let me build my altars to Them there so that I may pray to mine. a hope she had not even thought to whisper to her mother, for it felt silly to have any fears!
but there it was, and now Emmerich knew it. and the attendant had heard it too, and might well share it with @Treva, but Toula would only think that her mother knew her heart perfectly if she did.
Messages In This Thread
maw - by Toula - January 11, 2023, 03:39 PM
RE: maw - by Emmerich - January 11, 2023, 04:09 PM
RE: maw - by Toula - January 11, 2023, 04:24 PM
RE: maw - by Emmerich - January 11, 2023, 05:10 PM
RE: maw - by Toula - January 11, 2023, 05:50 PM
RE: maw - by Emmerich - January 15, 2023, 09:26 PM
RE: maw - by Toula - January 17, 2023, 11:59 AM
RE: maw - by Emmerich - January 24, 2023, 04:18 PM
RE: maw - by Toula - January 24, 2023, 07:29 PM
RE: maw - by Emmerich - February 28, 2023, 07:27 PM
RE: maw - by Toula - March 02, 2023, 04:03 PM