Larksong Grotto Dog Songs
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
933 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
His giggle intrigued them more than the idea of fabricating titles. Masque tilted their head, strangely endeared by such a noise coming from what appeared to be a full-grown man. He surprised them even further by dipping into a curtsy.

They weren’t sure what to make any of this, though they focused on his words for the moment. Masquerade tipped their chin and made an “ah” sort of sound in their throat. Now that the meaning of the word was understood, Louis challenged Masque to appoint themself the bane of something or other.

Pigs, I suppose, and other large game, they allowed with a slight roll of a silver shoulder. I wouldn’t call myself a great hunter, just a reasonably good one, they added, perhaps taking the matter a bit too seriously.

“What’re you guys talking about? I’m bored!” came a small voice from behind them, prompting Masque to start and then swing their body in between Louis’s and their younger sister’s.

You were told to stay hidden, they said brusquely to the whelp, who looked appropriately abashed at the rebuke even if another, “But I’m bored…” protest left her lips.

Legs still stiff, Masque swung their head toward Louis. He seemed good-natured, though the Caru was far from trusting him. As much as they wanted to continue the conversation with him, they took their sibling’s safety much more seriously than any idle prattling.

I must take my sister back to the rise, they said a little crisply before thinking on it a moment and saying, I was enjoying our conversation, in a tone that betrayed the peculiarity of this circumstance. If you want to wait here, I will return. If you’d rather not, I understand.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Dog Songs - by Raider - July 19, 2023, 09:25 AM
RE: Dog Songs - by Louis - July 19, 2023, 01:42 PM
RE: Dog Songs - by Raider - July 20, 2023, 08:13 AM
RE: Dog Songs - by Louis - July 20, 2023, 01:04 PM
RE: Dog Songs - by Raider - July 20, 2023, 01:58 PM
RE: Dog Songs - by Louis - July 21, 2023, 01:29 PM
RE: Dog Songs - by Raider - July 24, 2023, 12:18 PM
RE: Dog Songs - by Louis - July 30, 2023, 07:16 PM
RE: Dog Songs - by Raider - August 01, 2023, 02:40 PM