Lion Head Mesa waking dream
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
658 Posts
Ooc — anon
All Welcome 
she felt more at ease, since the dream. words shared with her father, though not all recalled. at least she no longer felt spinning adrift, so that she would not do something reckless! 
there were several princes, and they each traveled to find her summer home. she might surely be there beyond such a time, but that it was founded then… it seemed fitting! 
there had been a prince that occupied her mind, and it was the one she had yet to meet. she drafted a verbal letter to Rashepses for a fellahin to recite to him, when alone and accompanied by his own attendants: 

dear prince,

how I regret to have missed seeing your face and hearing your voice before your parting. while I have heard tell of your gaze that rivals the golden rays of Ra, I can only imagine the way you might sound in your daily devotions to Him—and in sweet conversation. 

I think of you, Sphinx, and I count the days until I might first see your face for myself! 

when you think of me, look to Khonsu’s moon—know that I shall do the same, as I think of you, and perhaps in this way we can look to one another in our time apart. I pray He also keep you safe during these travels! 

until we first meet—

and then the fellahin would know to list her name and many titles. Toula smiled as the words were recited word for word, nodding. but she looked to @Inji, @Tuna, and @Eset with a contemplative expression. is it too much? not enough? …oh! she felt silly, suddenly—but giddy, too. 
this done to the only one she had not yet seen the face of. there was some guilt to have sent him off before seeing him, but she could not deny that somehow… she felt their meeting might be that much sweeter for it! 
and what would Senmut do? his song rang in her ears—the flower perched in the corner of her room where she could always see it. Toula moved toward his other gift, that chirped quietly and hopped toward her—the falcon.
there was Thutmose too, and she thought of him with another smile. he was so different than she, but it captivated her. still, this was a time for Rashepses. he lingered on her mind this hour!
Messages In This Thread
waking dream - by Toula - August 22, 2023, 05:53 PM
RE: waking dream - by Eset - August 22, 2023, 09:06 PM
RE: waking dream - by Toula - August 23, 2023, 12:46 PM
RE: waking dream - by Inji - August 23, 2023, 01:03 PM
RE: waking dream - by Eset - August 23, 2023, 02:43 PM
RE: waking dream - by Toula - August 23, 2023, 03:25 PM
RE: waking dream - by Tuna - August 23, 2023, 04:01 PM
RE: waking dream - by Eset - August 23, 2023, 08:42 PM
RE: waking dream - by Inji - August 23, 2023, 10:07 PM
RE: waking dream - by Toula - September 23, 2023, 12:35 PM
RE: waking dream - by Tuna - September 25, 2023, 06:39 PM