Dragoncrest Cliffs [BWP] A Lyke Wake Dirge
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Sorry for my sandbagging, last post from me!

Though Valravn was coming upon his first year, the questions he proposed were of the innocent kind; rhetorical and unanswerable. How come the bear had to come? the youth asked the seafarer. Njord often felt unwise and immature as he observed the world through his own lens. This instance was no different. Though he wished to justify the sacrifice of their Rosada, he had no clear answer for the teen for why their loved ones had been slain in their own home.

“Why does tha sea rise n’ fall? Why do tha young grow old? Why does the wolf kill ‘ta eat?” he asked, mostly to himself. “Tha rain comes. Tha summer comes. Tha prey comes. Tha bear comes… is jus’ tha way tha’ wurl turns.”

He breathed a deep sigh, turning to Valravn. “M’sorry Val, I wish I ‘ad a better answer for ya. It’s okay to feel… not okay. It’s normal ta feel sad. Or angry.” He paused, not wanting to linger too long on the sad, abstract way the world worked. “What say you ‘n I track down some rabbits, eh? It’ll feel good to warm our bellies,” he proposed, ready to let the bloodied stones of his pack’s deathbed sleep. The red-tail stood up, and turned away from their pew.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
[BWP] A Lyke Wake Dirge - by Njord - January 02, 2021, 03:14 PM
RE: [BWP] A Lyke Wake Dirge - by Val - January 05, 2021, 11:10 AM
RE: [BWP] A Lyke Wake Dirge - by Njord - January 07, 2021, 10:25 AM
RE: [BWP] A Lyke Wake Dirge - by Val - January 08, 2021, 09:57 AM
RE: [BWP] A Lyke Wake Dirge - by Njord - January 08, 2021, 12:51 PM
RE: [BWP] A Lyke Wake Dirge - by Val - January 09, 2021, 01:15 PM
RE: [BWP] A Lyke Wake Dirge - by Njord - January 22, 2021, 01:59 PM
RE: [BWP] A Lyke Wake Dirge - by Val - January 25, 2021, 12:02 PM
RE: [BWP] A Lyke Wake Dirge - by Njord - February 20, 2021, 07:22 PM
RE: [BWP] A Lyke Wake Dirge - by Val - February 26, 2021, 01:57 PM