Dragoncrest Cliffs Song of the Sea
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
The children were delighted and awe emanated from them. This made Njord beam with joy. How lucky was he! A man who was privileged to instill such wonder into the future generation. Questions soon poured from their chirping mouths like hungry chickadees.

Njord gave a hearty laugh. “Oh, aye! I saw ‘er with my own two eyes! As I was swimmin’ towards Meares Island a storm covered tha sky. Rain came down an’ tha waves battered an’ bruised me! I ken I was close ta land, but I couldn’t see beyond tha rising tides. Suddenly,” he made a sharp movement as if to surprise them, “I hit a rock! And then another! Raked across a stony piece – I thought I was headed fer Davy Jones’ locker.”

Njord crossed his limbs around his sides, acting as if he were in great pain. “But then I saw ‘er – in tha distance a streak of silver jumped from tha wat’r! I 'eard her singin' a sweet song, an’ I knew it was tha sea shepherd ‘erself. I pushed off tha rock and swam as ‘ard as I could, followin’ ‘er path! An’ finally, I washed up along a sandy beach… an’ knew I ‘ad been saved.”

Njord had taken some liberty with his story, but there really had been a storm and rocks. He bore the long jagged scars on his side to prove it. He had been out at sea. Wounded, alone, and scared… but it had not been a fish who saved him, but the image of his children in his mind’s eye.

He turned to Sobo then. “Oh aye, I believe she is,” he affirmed with a nod. Njord didn’t know much about Erzulie’s voodoo or loa, but he knew about angels, spirits, and karma. “She is one of tha greatest, most kind, well-meanin’ ones, ya ken. T’was kismet I saw ‘er. Yer Da is a lucky man.”
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Song of the Sea - by Njord - September 08, 2021, 05:59 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Mireille - September 08, 2021, 06:03 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Sobo - September 12, 2021, 11:41 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Njord - October 04, 2021, 09:53 AM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Mireille - October 12, 2021, 04:28 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Sobo - October 21, 2021, 03:50 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Njord - October 21, 2021, 08:16 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Mireille - October 31, 2021, 04:02 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Sobo - November 08, 2021, 02:26 PM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Njord - November 11, 2021, 11:43 AM
RE: Song of the Sea - by Mireille - November 16, 2021, 03:59 PM