Dragoncrest Cliffs in a tidal wave of [m]ystery
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord’s gentle approach was greeted enthusiastically by Meerkat, who happily slung herself round the seafarer’s neck. He loved her forwardness and welcomed her embrace. A relationship without hesitation allowed confidence and trust to build. Was this what an honest connection felt like? There was no trace of doubt in his mind of Meerkat’s feelings, and so his admiration for her only bloomed.

His red tail wagged doubletime as he chuffed a joyful laugh. Being loved on felt so good. Njord nearly popped into a playbow, but Meerkat stepped back before he could mind.

He breathed a sigh and shook his head. “No,” he said on an exhale, “we canna find ‘er. The whole pack’s been lookin but… I think Mireille’s in tha hands of tha sea. Or… whatever spirits ya think watchov’r us,” his eyes flicked to the distant horizon. “But… Sapphique’s children ‘av a tendency to come back eventually.” Chacal had returned, hadn’t she? “Mireille’s a strong lass. I ‘av ta be ‘opeful she’s alright wherev’r she is. I canna bring myself ta believe she’s gone of this world.”

His eyes dipped downward before they refocused on Meerkat. Despite his tribulations, looking at her was like he staring straight into the future. With a view like that, how could one not be optimistic?

“It’s been hard, but… I ‘av the breath in my lungs an’ I’m lookin at you, aren’t I? So, I’m feelin’ blessed.”
His gaze flicked across her face. Already, he was beginning to understand the subtle expressions across Meerkat’s face and could glean that she had a lot on her mind. “An’ what of you, my bonny lass?”
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
in a tidal wave of [m]ystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 01:27 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 05:56 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 06:15 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 10:16 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 11:29 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 09, 2022, 05:13 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 09, 2022, 08:53 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 01:06 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 10:03 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 05:47 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 06:50 PM