Swiftcurrent Creek Story carries on,
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
55 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
Joining 
Gunning for an appearance from leadership, but still aw for other SC members! (@Akavir, @Arlette, @Arric)

It had been around 2 months since she'd arrived to these foreign lands -- mother and Haruto were still nowhere to be found. Ashkova, a boy who had found her washed up along the shores, kept her company and even aided her while she'd been injured. Yet with time, even he had fled her side. Maybe it was because she had left too often to explore, of maybe he'd just grown sick of her. Whatever the case, his scent eventually grew faint over time, and as days turned into weeks the dove realized he was really gone for good.

Yukimi couldn't truly blame him in that regard. If she had to constantly keep up with an injured girl who couldn't stay still, she'd become agitated too. Staying in one place while an ailment limited her was never the girl's purpose, however, so maybe it was best they parted ways -- but it still tugged at her heart. She missed her freind, missed her family, and was now all alone again. 

That afternoon, she'd found herself at the edge of yet another pack's territory, because what other choice did she have? At this rate she would perish; hunger ached her, and the ones she trusted gone. Her family was still out there -- Yuki believed this with every fiber of her soul, but what good was she in finding them if dead?

Lifting her head high, the masked woman sent a call for the group's inhabitants, curious to see who would approach.
[Image: 85512331_sBCUc47O1EZtqNO.png]
Fluent in: Common, Japanese, and Norwegian. Knows some Icelandic, but isn't very good at it.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
1,067 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Since the birth of his children Arric had been scarce. But he was not blind to the sadness that cloaked his best friend in strands of web. So he went to the border at the call. He stood tall and lifted his head. Blue eyes taking in the young girl that stood there. Multicolored and hungry. He could see it on her heavy like a bruise. She'd been traveling 

You've found Swiftcurrent. I'm Arric. How can we help you?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
55 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
A large, older man -- of pure onyx and a gaze of sapphires -- was the first to greet her. He observed her quietly for the moment which, admittedly, made her feel the tiniest bit Insecure. Yuki had been getting notably skinnier these past few weeks; countless failed hunts beginning to display on a weakened form. The girl's pelt was also less than stellar-looking -- with satiating her hunger being the priority, other things stopped mattering so much. 

To put it in short, Yuki probably looked a mess right about now. Yet she hadn't forgotten her manners just yet.

She greeted the man with a genial smile, bowing her head towards him in respect. I hope the afternoon finds you well, sir? My name is Yukimi. Yuki greeted the man, who was known as Arric of Swiftcurrent Creek. She lifted her head. I, uh....apologize for my appearance. These past few weeks have been pretty rough, to say the least. and with this, she would state her purpose.

I was wondering if you had anymore space at Swiftcurrent for another? I promise I won't be dead weight...
Fluent in: Common, Japanese, and Norwegian. Knows some Icelandic, but isn't very good at it.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,067 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
SOrry I have been quite slow with replies.

Arric didn't hold it against her, the way she looked. He had been bedraggled and half starved before too. IT happened. You found a way to remedy it or you died. And he gave the girl props for trying. 

Arric tilted an ear forward. What trades do you carry or hope to carry Yukimi?

He settled to his haunches then. Feeling bad for standing head and shoulders over the girl. He had learned early on to make himself seem smaller if he must. Because well. As observations could tell. He was no small fries.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
55 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
Its okay, no rush! <3

He was calm in his approach towards Yuki, even seating himself to meet her at eye level. It was an effort that she observed, and one she very much appreciated. The last thing she desired in her sorry state was to be rushed off like an intruder -- she was glad he'd hear her out.

I am a scout. Raising a paw to her chest in refrence to herself, the snowbird recalled the things that would make her useful. I have great stamina and a knack for mapping out land. If you ever need someone to carry messages or even scout some new hunting grounds, im your girl. It wasn't to say she was arrogant with the way she described things, only that she was confident in her abilities. If there's one thing Yuki was skilled at it was travel; she knew that by now. Her only hope was that Arric found it just as useful.

I can, uhm, also dabble in some medicine? A nervous smile came to Yukimi's face as her flattened ears told of a skill she was not so confident about. If I am honest, I'm more of a trainee at best. I was trained under a medic for some time before he.....passed. That medic being her father, which was just a sore subject for another time. Her voice trailed off for a bit, but hurriedly picked the topic back up.

--b-but in the meantime, im still studying to become a proper one! I can also care for children, too...
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,067 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric knew they needed more adult numbers. And it did not go unnoticed to him it was yet another female. Sometimes he worried wolves would think he and Akavir had a harem or something.

He listened closely. A scout who knew how to run right. This was always a good thing 

A smile an aspiring healer or just knowledge seeker he wondered. And the last part peaked his interest a pup sitter. They had more youngling now than adults almost.

We have a few healers. My own mate Arlette. So she could help you learn more if you'd like. Well Yukimi. You have a place in Swiftcurrent if you want one? What do ya say?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
55 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
She had come upon this place with doubt, thinking that the sight of a hungered yearling would surely put them off. Yet Yukimi was wrong, and she was glad that she was wrong, for once. Arric welcomed her to join the ranks, even offering aid from his wife, who apparently studied medicine. Words couldn't begin to express the gratitude she'd felt in having the doors of a potentially new home open on her -- Yukimi could only grin ear to ear.

Yes! Yukimi expressed immediately. A tail waved over her rump. I am in debt to you and Swiftcurrent. I won't let you down, I promise!

The search for her mother and brother would continue. For now, she finally had somewhere to call her own...
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,067 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled and stood. Motioning for her to follow.

Let's get you something to eat amd a place to rest. Then I'll show you the creek when you're ready.

A weave of his tail. Welcome to swiftcurrent.

Then he slowly began a gait he hoped she could keep up with towards the nearest cache and den.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
55 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
The angered growls of Yuki’s stomach practically spoke for her — the invitation of food was one she couldn’t resist. The girl couldn’t think of the last good meal she had, anyhow.

In gleeful skipping motions, her paws followed after her new pack mate. Ready to settle into swift current, and curious of what the future held from here on out.