Ankyra Sound with rejoicing mouth i sing for you and pause
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
in small steps the siren queen crossed the crevasse, scaling the cliff with the ease of a woman borne to them. @Kierkegaard may not have dallied, but he would likely find it difficult to match her pace -- she was fueled both by the pull of her home, and the hopes to see her comrades again.

as she continued her descent it became evident the sound was barren; not even the well-worn paths that flicked smoothly up the cliffs were marked. caiaphas felt her hammering heart plunge. what of kjalarr, and maude? ondine? they were gone. she had returned, and they were gone.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
As hard as she tried to stay focused and dig into the new life they were trying to build on the coast, Wildfire sometimes ended up in a funk despite herself. Although she set off down the seaboard to hunt, she wound up wandering aimlessly instead. It eventually dawned on her that she was headed back toward the tree. The thought of its dark, cozy interior drew her further and further from their new home on the sea cliffs.

Just before the forest of monoliths, a swath of seawater cut into the land: a sound. Wildfire scarcely paid it any attention as she passed along the scarp above, though she noticed a flicker of movement out of the corner of her eye. Without stopping or even slowing, she turned her head sideways and squinted at a pale shape on the sands below. It might have blended into the backdrop save for the contrasting darkness of the stranger's face, which she suddenly realized was pointed directly at her.
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
She wondered if her lack of luck was a cloud that clung and swirled around her form like a stench— if that was why she hadn't crossed many wolves in her return to the Wilds thus far. Magpie refused death, but wryly thought that it might come to her anyway. She was a wanderer and had been for almost the entirety of her life. She was no longer unused to long stretches of loneliness, and that had changed her. But even the well-traveled disliked the prospect of a winter without the strength of pack— a time of plenty for them, but a time of famine and risk for the unaffiliated. Desperate to find some companionship, even temporary, Magpie moved northwest from the plains until the land ended.

As many miles as she had seen in her lifetime, the Corvidae had never seen the ocean before. It took her breath away, and for a moment she ceased to do anything at all but attempt to memorize each detail of it and taste it on the breeze. Even in the cold of winter, the scent was exotic. Almost cleansing.

Magpie turned, following the edge of the earth, until she could make out a fiery silhouette just ahead. Torn between the desire to attack and the desire to turn and run, the black-and-white woman simple froze in place— but not before accidentally kicking some snow and gravel over the cliffside, where it echoed painfully over the beach below.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
He followed. His pace was only just slower than her own, but he followed and found himself chasing the fleeting image of a woman he had never imagined he would see again. Coming upon her had been close to miraculous, but he found himself wondering if it had been meant to be. The jagged fur along his neck and shoulders was played with delicately by the wind's touch. The ghost moved with assurance and did not falter, though he still remained haggard in appearance and rough around his edges. He was a mercenary and he was built to thrive in difficult times. Somehow, the sharp canary color of her gaze had brought life into his hollow limbs. Kierkegaard was returned to the beast he had once been - renewed by her sight and her sharp words. The need to follow was not questioned by the spectral brute. He simply did as his heart commanded him to do. The scent of the sea did not cause him to falter, but to soar. 

As the two kept to their climb, he allowed his fiery eyes to dart to and fro. The length of his strides carried a peculiar and leonine grace to them. The witch of the water lead, but when the ghost caught sight of unfamiliar figures, he released a low chuff to her and his coat bristled instinctively. The embers of his gaze darted upward as he was met with tumbling rocks and he squinted to catch sight of anything that might prove to be threatening. Caiaphas would certainly see the ginger-coated wolf to her front. He was watchful for anyone else who thought themselves to be slight of paw.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
[Image: giphy.gif]

from her vantage on the marginal promontory the salt queen paused, her luminant yellow gaze resting on the auburn-coated wolf above. instinctively her fur bristled along her thin neck as she held wildfire wholly in her gaze.

only, it wasn't wildfire.

it was tuwawi.

caiaphas felt hate spear every molecule in her body; a cold and hyperborean brand that shriveled her down to her heart with ire.  "you!" she gasped, recognition in her voice. she let loose a mighty bellow, a powerful and shockingly commanding sound from so little a body."you spiteful bitch!" she roared, knowing it was her that caused saltwinter's ruin -- first, the firebrand had caused kevlyn's death with her stupidity -- and now she was here to see caiaphas sunder. 

caiaphas would not sunder; not even under tuwawi's keen teeth. with a snarl she burst from the rocky slab and scrambled up towards the vision of tuwawi. it would take her minutes at the least to scale up the cliff to wildfire's level, but she would not tire or cave. not when revenge was so close to her teeth.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She turned to ascertain the source of a noise originating from behind her but froze midway at the shouted, "You!" Wildfire blinked like a deer in headlights, amber eyes slowly returning to the figurine on the beach below. She wasn't in the same place now, though; she was rapidly scaling the cliff in the Bandrona's direction. The yearling stood there stupidly for a moment, a sort of Who, me? expression on her face. She peered around as if to appeal to an invisible audience.

It turned out that the audience wasn't so invisible after all. When she peered down at the wrathful she-wolf again, there was a pale, rugged ghost not far behind her. You need to move! she thought to herself and began to pivot on a slender red heel when she came face-to-face with Magpie. Wildfire goggled at her prodigal aunt, then shook her head and screamed, "Run!" a split second before following her own advice.
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
None below had noticed her, not even after the cascade of rocks she had inadvertently sent down to them— but neither had she noticed them, so focused as she was on her niece. If it hadn't been for the enraged shout and subsequent bellow from the beach at the cliff's base, Magpie might have thought Wildfire was coming after her, threatening her to run or die for her past crimes. "You go," she told the other, stress evident in her voice, and waited for Wildfire to rush past. Regardless of the terms they had parted on, the Corvidae felt a protectiveness over her niece, and her thin and hardened form stood in wait for whatever would appear over the cliff's edge.

Wildfire followed her advance, and Magpie waited for one heartbeat... then another. It seemed that whoever was chasing after her niece was struggling to make it over the cliff's edge, though the Corvidae knew they would make it sooner or later. After a shaky breath and brief glance over her shoulder to ensure her niece had a suitable headstart, Magpie ran in the opposing direction. Somehow, someway, the relatives would make it away unscathed— and they would never know what had nearly come for them.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!