Fox's Glade Trouble on the homefront
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Private 
to get the baby hunt going! @Mawk Set afterhttp://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=23321

Cyron hadn't returned to the den in two hours, something that alerted Cebra to the fact that there was something seriously wrong. Her chubby boy had ran off after they tried to comfort him on the scent, mistaking her light scolding and Rowana's light teasing to be meanness and disappointment. She should have gone after him immediately but she figured he would wear himself out and come running back into the den and curl against her hip like he always did.

Two hours had passed and nothing. Standing up she tracked the stench of Skunk mixed with her favorite smell in the world, that of a baby's fur. She tracked it through the territory and over the borders, and even further still. Before she passed over the borders of Easthollow she sounded a call for Mawk, alarmed that Cyron had ran so far away. She left Mawk a trail to follow by rubbing against trees and rocks, but finally Cyron's stench stopped. The scent of skunk was strongest here, but there was another scent too. She lowered her nose to the ground and sniffed as she walked the area, identifying the scent of a strange male. She walked back to where she smelled Cyron and then followed where the trail continued, snarling as the stranger's smell was barely recognizable under that of Cyron's and the skunk's perfume.

Going into a raging panic she howled for Mawk again, this time making the call an emergency and she sat down on the ground lowering her head.Her body shook as she began to fear the worst. Someone had stolen her baby boy, and for all she knew he could be dead right now.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk had heard about the incident with the skunk - it did not take a considerable length of time before the other two children rushed to him complaining about how much Cyron reeked. Poor boy, he had probably been mortified. The Scout had been out hunting when the first call from his mate came, and he recognised it as a worried sound - something must be wrong. Perhaps it had to do with Cyron, but Mawk had been sure the boy wouldn't have left the den after a fright such as the one he had experienced. Guess maybe he had been wrong. Then again, it might not be related to the boy at all.

He swiftly deposited the limp rabbit to a nearby cache and set off to see what was up, however as the second call came - much more panicked and fearful - the man sped up, feeling dirt kick up behind him by his large paws. On he went, until finally he arrived at the scene. Illecebra's figure was not too far away now, and Mawk barked a greeting before padding straight over to see what the fuss was about. However, even as he walked, the distinct, putrid smell of skunk filled his nostrils, as well as the unmistakable scent of his small son. Aside from that, though, there was a different scent - one that made his fur prickle with worry. For this scent was one that belonged to a stranger, and having that mixed in with Cyron's was not a good sign.

"Cebra... where's Cyron?" He asked, biting his cheek. He was indeed very concerned about the location of the grey boy, and from the distressed look on his mate's face he feared the worst.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
It hadn't taken Mawk long to show up at all, and Illecebra stood up and walked to him pressing her forehead to his shoulder seeking comfort as well as a moment's distraction from the rage burning within her. "Gone. Whoever's scent that is, it lead's away mixed with Cyron's. Someone took our boy Mawk, Someone took him and I am going to find them and shred them to pieces" she said her voice coming out in a soft whisper, filled with bitterness and hatred. She hadn't felt this much aggression and anger since she had been attacked by Kelina.

Taking a step away from him she sniffed the air and walked after the trail, intending on walking after her son and his kidnapper right then and there. Before she could go too far she remember that Cyron wasn't her only child, and that Rowana and Burr still remained behind her in the territory. She hesitated and looked back at Mawk, knowing they would have to at least go back and explain to Valette where they were going.

"We have to tell Valette. I don't care if she forbids me to leave, I will go anyway but it is wrong to just leave. We have to tell Rowana and Burr too, I can't abandon them without saying goodbye" she spoke softly averting her eyes as she used the words abandon and goodbye. It would be goodbye for all she knew, she had no idea who she was tracking and if she did she may have tried to get Valette to lend her some assistance.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
As Cebra pressed her forehead against him, seeking comfort, the scout rested his head on hers, placing a gentle lick upon the fur between her ears, like he often did with the children - both out of greeting and to calm them down. He felt a pang in his heart as she spoke of Cyron. Gone. Mawk, with his fatherly protectiveness, glanced down at his mate. "We will find him." He reassured, partly to her also to himself, wanting to train his brain to not think negatively. He must be practical and be focused on the task of actually finding and retrieving his son, rather than worrying that they might not get him. "We must be calm and collected, we don't want to over stress, okay? That wouldn't do Cyron any good."

"Alright, we will tell Valette. Perhaps she may or someone else may be able to watch over Rowana and Burr - I know they're becoming more independant but I still do not want them alone for too long." The safety of his children was one of his main concerns, and he promised himself that he must be more strict and aware of their location until they were a bit bigger, especially after what had happened now, with their smallest son. "We will do all we can to find him - and I promise that I will not let whoever did this get away easily." And with that he turned, motioning with his head toward the direction of the alphess' den. "Let's go talk to Valette."
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra closed her eyes and nodded his words making sense. She stood still until the rapid rising and falling of her breaths became slower and more even, though the flames in her eyes were still far from being dowsed. She licked her jaws and walked back toward Mawk, staying by his side as they walked to the alpha's den. "Whoever did this is going to pay. Whether in blood, or being taken as our own prisoner. I personally would prefer blood" she said under her breath. She knew there was the slight chance that since Cyron had wandered so far off the territory a lone wolf could have mistaken him for an abandoned child, but the thought seemed rather unlikely.

Once more she turned and nudged Mawk's shoulder this time her eyes moistening with tears "I should have gone after him immediately. I never should have left him alone. Burr and Rowana could have done better by themselves but Cyron is so....timid and innocent." she said avoiding stating that he was the slower of the three children.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He nodded along with his mate, pelt brushing ever so gently against her side as they walked together. "I know, but we must try to be civil about it first. We do not need to cause more bloodshed than necessary - they need to pay, yes, but we don't want to start a war." They must tread carefully when it came to retrieving Cyron. The over protective side of Mawk (one that had always shadowed him) was pressing at his mind, and he did have to admit that it wanted blood to spilled, but the other, more logical side of him knew that it would cause more harm than good. As Cebra turned to him with tears threatening to spill, he nosed her cheek and gently swiped the tears away with his tongue. "Shh, no, it wasn't your fault. They were drawn by the skunk-scent, I am sure. I was out at the time, I should have kept a closer eye on him too. Don't blame yourself." Then, at last, they reached the alphess' den. 

The Scout waited outside, turning to glance at Cebra again before barking a greeting to let @Valette know that they were there.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette heard some commotion by the entrance of her den. She could already tell that something was wrong by the tone of those voices. She came from the darkness of her den and saw two worried parents at her doorstep. Valette glanced from Mawk to Cebra. Oh no. This couldn't be good. Valette had a worried frown on her face. When she accepted the couple she had been worried if they were going to fit in and if they would keep their promise. Both of them had, and Valette couldn't imagine an Easthollow without them. She would do everything she could to help them.

"What is wrong?," she asked, she almost didn't want to know. It was probably about their pups. But maybe she just assumed wrongly. She missed Steady in these moments. He was always so... steady. He could always think clearly.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The words he spoke weren't comforting but she did appreciate the attempt he made to ease her guilt despite that, and she licked at his ears and face soothing herself slightly by showing him affection. It is my fault though, He came to his momma for comfort, and we made him feel bad.. she thought to herself causing more tears to swell up in her eyes and spill over.

When they came to a stop in front of Valette's den and the female came out, she sucked in a breath to steady herself but the tears continued to fall and a lump in her throat made her words all garbled. Clearing her throat and blinking rapidly to clear her vision she tried again to tell what happened "Cyron....Someone took Cyron. I tracked his scent over the borders. His smell is mixed in with that of a stranger, and they lead off together. Me and Mawk wish to go track them" she explained finding that it got easier to speak through the pain as she forced the words out.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sorry for crap post, am very busy! Wanted to keep this moving

His words seemed to not have much of an effect on his mate, and as she licked at his own ears and face, Mawk did the same to her. It even helped to soothe his own nerves slightly. Although it could dissolve them completely, it was comforting. He was on edge, thinking about his son, hoping he was okay.

Valette came out rather quickly, concern written on her face. For that he too was grateful - she cared, and that brought some more comfort to the man. Illecebra was fast to speak, explaining roughly what had happened. He hadn't even had to say anything. So instead he just looked at the alphess for confirmation. "We wanted to ask you beforehand if we could go. Might you be able to keep an eye on Burr and Rowana during our absence? I have no doubts that they can look after themselves, but I would appreciate it."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette instantly nodded when Cebra spoke. Of course, they would be allowed to track the kidnapper now the scent is fresh. It was no difficult decision for her. "Of course!! Go, now the scent is fresh!," she encouraged the other. Valette would want to do the same with her own children. "I shall check in with Burr and Rowana," she confirmed.

She hoped Cyron could return home to them. Oh, she just hoped that it wasn't that terrible pack of her father. Valette didn't want to be associated with them at all. "Let me know when you guys returned alright?," she spoke then. She wished to have an update as soon as they returned.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra sagged with relief and a fire lit in her eyes at the prospect of going after her son. She dipped her head to the Alpha female and turned to Mawk "Let's go, Burr and Rowana are safe" she said firmly and turned back to Valette. She wished she could go say goodbye to the children but they couldn't wait any longer. Besides....Cebra had no intention of dying at the borders of that pack.

"Tell the children We'll see them soon. Please....Don't let them leave our borders" she requested of the female a flicker of fear sparking in her eyes.