Stone Circle Homebound (returning)
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
All Welcome 

He returns! : ' D
Upon stepping back into the territory of Easthollow, ears perked and tail low, the large male looked around, his honey-peach eyes scanning the surroundings, taking in the changes of the land. What was once snow was now covered in abundant amounts of flowers and grass, it amazed him. The seasons of these lands were ever-changing as the wolves themselves.

Sighing in relief, he turned his attention towards the stone circle, the pillars looked as breathtaking as he first saw them. His heart swelled and pounded within his ribcage as he recalled first seeing them, first stepping foot on the border. Although he made a good impression on the alpha, Valette, Nanook had not been so keen. Thus, he was set out on an assignment; scout the lands. It had been two moons since then, and the elder had learned much. He was ready to return, eager to see what they had to say, and to (hopefully) care and belong to something of purpose.

Smiling, wondering who would come to greet him first, Greyback drew his head upwards and let out a loud, exuberant howl to call.

109 Posts
Ooc —
Hope ya don't mind me popping in!

The female was out doing a patrol of the borders when she caught sight of a male whom she did not recognize. She decided to approach the stranger, though she did not hold a dominant stance she was still wary as she stayed a bit away just to be safe. "May I help you?" She asked politely.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
And here is my testy little teenager XD

Steph had watched the male enter the territory, but this was one she had never met. He strolled in like he knew the place and it instantly had the young female on guard. Quickly, with hackles raised, she was at Kiran's side. She eyed the male openly, then took a few steps forward. 

She inhaled, and found he smelled nothing like their pack. Steph growled, uncaring that he was bigger and stronger than she was. This was her home, and she knew him as nothing more than an intruder. Get out, she growled. She didn't care what it took, she would not allow him to step one more paw into Stone Circle. She flashed her canines, waiting to see if he would turn to leave. Steph had never been an aggressive wolf, but she would, if she had to, fight for her home.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking

I don't mind at all!

Turning his attention to the smell of a wolf approaching, Greyback was shocked to see such a white pelt. The female looked as if she was a ghost reincarnated, her pelt shining in the rays of sun that peaked through the partly cloudy skies. He hoped his size nor stature intimidated her, but due to the distance between them he guessed so. Giving a fond smile, he slowly lowered the front half of his body downwards, his jaw brushing against the earth as he gave a friendly bow, hoping it would ease her discomfort a bit.

"May I help you?"

Only when she spoke did he stand back up again, his nose twitching as a bit of pollen had stuck to it. "It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm looking for val-" Cut off by a blurr of black coming into his view, Greyback paused.

"Get out."

Taken aback by the growl and appearance of the newcomer, he continued to stay silent, his jaw slightly open in shock as he thought of how to react. The younger looked similar to Valette, though it seemed she had the complete opposite personality. Drawing his brows up to a pinch, he stared down at the other with a collected expression. Swallowing a dry lump in his throat, the elder stepped back to put distance between them, fearing a fight. "I did not mean to threaten you, nor the pack," He spoke calmly, fearing anything deeper in his voice might spark something. "I will go back to the border but please let Valette know I have returned."

Glancing back to the white female, he gave a nod and turned around, slowly making his way back to the marked border.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was quick to pick up some commotion in their pack lands. Only because she had been close enough to hear it. She trotted towards the growl and a deep voice. When she saw the three wolves she instantly recognized Greyback's large posture. She noticed that Steph had gotten defensive. Valette hurried along and stepped next to Steph. "Grayback! You're back," she spoke. Valette then glanced to the side at Steph. She did well in protecting her home so she was not intending on punishing her daughter.

"Next time you should howl at the borders though. Luckily Steph and Kiran were here to stop you in your tracks," she spoke and nodded proudly at her daughter. She didn't know Steph had guardian ambitions. Perhaps there was a side of Ezekiel inside of her anyhow. "Steph, this is Greyback. He almost joined but we wanted him to do an assignment to prove he wanted to join us," she explained her daughter and Kiran. Who had also been with them.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph could tell he was taken aback, and as he stared at her, she growled again in warning. She would most certainly lose a fight with this big fella, but it didn't mean she wouldn't give it her all. His lack of submission did nothing to quell the fight in her, but she was relieved when he turned and headed back to the borders. She disregarded mostly of what he said, as her only mission was to get him out of here.

She followed, hot on his trails, and stopped at the border. She was about to open her mouth when Valette showed up. The daughter of the Alpha smoothed her hackles, but her body remained rigid as she listened to Valette. He was back? Crap. It seemed Steph had been wrong in her defensive reaction. The humble sort, she was ready to apologize, but then Valette backed her up by saying he should have waited at the borders. Inwardly, Steph was a little relieved she had done the right thing. But, she wasn't about to gloat to the male. 

Keeping her expression neutral, she sat back on her haunches, knowing the situation no longer needed any hostility from her. She looked from Valette to Greyback as she introduced them. Nice to meet you, she said, her voice much softer than it had been a few moments ago. She hadn't heard of any wolves having to do assignments to join, but maybe it was a new thing her mother had implemented.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Perking his ears to the familiar figure coming within view, Greyback stood. Anticipation gripped at his gut as Valette neared them. Shaking it off with a roll of his shoulders the large man gave the alpha a kind smile before moving to his accustomed greeting to her with a bow. 

"Grayback! You're back. Next time you should howl at the borders though," 

"Valette," He replied, his voice gentle as always. "It's wonderful to see you again. I'm terribly sorry for the commotion, I didn't think howling a little ways past the border would incite such trouble," Chuckling, he looked back at the wolf beside him, now named Steph. "I'll be sure to commit that to memory," He continued to smile her way, hoping that there were no hard feelings.

"Luckily Steph and Kiran were here to stop you in your tracks."

"I am very lucky indeed, They, especially Steph, did a wonderful job," Greyback was well aware that his size unnerved others around him. He was used to receiving aggression at first meetings, and while Steph was still small, and never in any danger, he was greatly impressed with her courage to defend her pack.

"Nice to meet you."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Steph." He greeted back at her before returning his attention to Valette. The alpha had changed since he last saw her. She seemed to carry another scent, as well as a bit of a protruding belly. Feeling his face heat up, he quickly averted his gaze to the left. Swallowing a dry spot in his throat, he attempted to move the conversation along. "So the, um, the- assignment. It went very well."

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
sorry for the wait!!!!!

Valette was always so surprised by the utter politeness of the large male. Valette smiled kindly. She didn't take too much offense this time since she knew Greyback and that he really didn't meal I'll intend while crossing their borders. "Since you for filled your assignment, I think you are a member of our pack anyhow, so don't worry about it too much," Valette spoke. She figured that most of the members were more alert now she was pregnant. The prospect of newborns often caused such things.

Valette dipped her head. "That is wonderful to hear. You are welcome to join our ranks, Greyback." Valette turned to Steph and gave her another kiss. She was very proud of her daughter. "Nanook just returned from her travels, so you know her and Steph. Oh and do introduce yourself to my mate, Stark."
109 Posts
Ooc —
Kiran watched as the two wolves conversed with one another. She stayed quiet as they did so unless she was spoken to. Though when they started speaking of a special assignment, her ears pricked up in interest, she minded herself though, keeping to herself.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph was a little surprised that Greyback was behaving so understandably about her mistake. But, it only served to create respect for the male, and some embarrassment for Steph. Had she known who he was before today, she might not have reacted so harshly. She gave him a sheepish smile when he looked her way and commended her on how she had attempted to guard the territory. She was glad no one stated the obvious: that Steph didn't have a chance against Greyback if they were to really fight.

Her tail wagged her tail when the male repeated her greeting. It was obvious he didn't hold a grudge, and though on occasion Steph did, this would not be one of those times. She returned her mother's kisses, and continued to remain silent. Most of this conversation seemed to be between Valette and Greyback, so she and Kiran didn't get much into it. She was curious as to what the assignment was, but was worried it would be rude to ask, since it wasn't openly stated.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
I made a small change to Greyback's dialogue towards them! He will be referring to anyone as mrs/miss__, and so forth (unless they say otherwise, and or he has become friends with them)

"Since you for filled your assignment, I think you are a member of our pack anyhow, so don't worry about it too much. That is wonderful to hear. You are welcome to join our ranks, Greyback."

Greyback gave her a curt nod, acknowledging the situation. His heart, however, threw itself against his rib cage at the mention of him being a member now. Smiling, he thought about what was to become of him once he got situated within the pack. Surely they would be as friendly as their Alpha.

"Nanook just returned from her travels, so you know her and Steph. Oh and do introduce yourself to my mate, Stark."

"I think that's a grand idea, mrs Valette. I would love to meet the other wolf in charge here," The question of 'do you want to lead the way?' perched itself on his tongue. He would love to ask her, but he figured asking Steph would be the best choice. He noticed the small yearling behind her mother. "Would you mind showing me the way, miss Steph?"

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Oh shit my bad it was my turn!

Valette couldn't help but smile at the politeness of the male wolf. No one ever called her Miss Valette. He even called Steph 'miss'. Valette smiled. "Well, then I will leave you to it," she spoke. Valette trusted Greyback already. The male could use some bonding with Steph and Kiran. It would make his place in the pack that much more solid. Valette hummed and then took her leave. She greeted goodbye to everyone.

-Valette exit-