Stavanger Bay Is this more than you bargained for yet?
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
All Welcome 
@Rosalyn @Raptor @Erzulie Whoever wants to jump in :)

Zig had been here long enough that he felt he should probably start pulling his weight. He had spent the last year or so on his own not having to follow any real rules other than the ones that told him when to eat, drink, sleep, and move on. He was so used to that way of life that it took him only until recently to realize he really wasn't doing anything of use to help his packmates. He can't say that he felt guilty about much, but he did feel a loyalty to Smokestep and by extension, Ironsea, so that's why he found himself seeking out the leaders today to inquire about taking on some responsibility. This should be interesting; he didn't think he'd ever really had any real responsibility in his life.

He was hoping for something that allowed him to still roam somewhat, since he felt most at ease when traveling, but was willing to pick up slack wherever they needed it.
Took the breath from my open mouth
Never known how it broke me down
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
<3

Zigzag found Rosalyn fishing, standing chest-deep in the ocean, but keeping a weather eye out.  Whatever had taken a few of their packmates was likely still lurking, and it meant if she went for a swim, it was a careful one.

She plunged her head beneath the waves as a flash of movement rushed near, but came up empty, her teeth sliding past the fin and not catching hold.  Damn.  She burst out with a muttered "shit," then glanced over when she spotted someone in her periphery.  "Hey, Zig.  Come to learn a trick or two?"  She teased, though inwardly she sighed over a lost snack.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
As it turned out, Zig didn't have to search for very long. As he trotted along the beach, he found Rosayln in the water just as her head disappeared beneath it. Fishing, he deduced. But when her face reappeared, she was sans fish. He walked into the water towards her at the same time she became aware of his presence. 

He responded to her words with a lopsided grin as he came up beside the reddish brown wolf. "Sure, but I think you're supposed to actually catch the fish first," he teased back, raising an eyebrow.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Despite the fact that she had clearly opened herself up to it, the fact that he had the audacity to ribe her surprised her.  She laughed, departing the water to stand dripping on the sand.  "Got an expert here, eh? Fair point.  So, what's on your mind? Or did ye just come to poke fun?"  She teased back, flicking water from her tail and rolling her shoulders as she waited.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Zig laughed. "Nah." He wasn't an expert in anything--well, except avoiding responsibility. But that's why he was here, to try and be better about that. He followed Rosalyn back to the shore and shook the water from his coat as well. 

"I've been thinkin' about having more of a role here," Zig started, shrugging his shoulders a little. He didn't know how to have this conversation, so he settled on getting straight to the point. "I guess, I was just wonderin' where you needed help," he added tossing her a lopsided grin again; something he often did to cover up any awkwardness or uncertainty. Normally, he'd also throw in an inappropriate comment, but thought twice about it since it wasn't really the time.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Hmm, more of a role.  Was there anything particular they were hurting for?  Everyone seemed fairly versed in hunting, though Rosalyn herself was fairly shit at larger scale hunts.  Hmm.

"How are you at organizin hunting parties?" She asked, though not too optimistically.  Most pirates she'd known didn't have much by way of team experience, but if he did, mayhaps he could lead somethin.  "Side from that, we could always use a few more crew mates."  Scouting prospects was never a waste, and since she was takin over, her own roamings would likely be slightly less frequent.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Zig considered Rosalyn's words for minute. He had never been in the position to organize a hunting party. He had spent most of his life as a solitary wanderer, so his hunting skills didn't go much beyond killing for one. 

The second option seemed more his style. Scouting was something he could do. He was no stranger to traveling long distances; In fact, he preferred that to staying in one place for long periods of time. "Hmm. I'm afraid I don't have much experience with hunting parties," he answered with another shrug. Wagging his tail a little, he added, "If crew mates are what you need, though, I'm you're man." His last words were paired with a quick nod and an excited grin.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Darn, she had hoped.  It might end up being up to her to set some haphazard hunt into motion... shit.  She could worry about that later.  Goal for future recruitment, eh?

"That we do!  We got a good number, but if we intend to seek any trouble, couldn't hurt to add a few." She winked.  "You charmed many in your time?"  She asked this teasingly, as though skeptical.  He was likeable enough, clearly, but she couldn't resist.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Sorry for the wait. I was out of town for two days and got super behind!

Zig grinned at Rosalyn's question. "You tease, but how do you think I survived so long on my own," he said with a playful raise of his eyebrow. "Just a bat of the ol' baby blues and few smooth words had most eating out of my paw." It may have sounded a little smug, but it was the truth. He had learned early how to us his god-given talents to get others to do what he wanted; it had turned out to be his best tool. He wouldn't consider himself a bad guy, but his morals were somewhat looser than most, especially when it came to getting something he wanted.

"So, whatever you need me to do, I'm on it," Zig added more seriously, giving her a quick nod.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"Mmhm.  Spose I'll take your word for it."  Truthfully she believed it.  There were two types of rogues it seemed in this world... the charmers and the bruisers.  Smokestep and this bloke belonged to the former, and the latter was all Smokestep's family servant. Whose departure was honestly the only good thing to come of all this.

"I used to roam a bit, check in on the surrounding places, pick up promising talent.  But since I need to stick a little closer to her for a while, you're up."  She shrugged.  "Don't know of any in particular place, but I'm sure smart fellow like you can figure it out.  Or pick at random."  That was always her favorite method.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Wrap up?

Roamin' I can definitely do, Zig replied with quick nod of his head. He had already been doing that somewhat, but now he he had more of reason to do it. He had been wanting to scout out some of the areas south of the coast, so that's probably where he'd go next.

I'll let ya know if I come across anything Zig said, once again giving her a lopsided grin. Unless she needed to add anything else, he was going to go back in the water for a swim.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
sounds good!!! I need to start a few new Rosalyn threads, gotta decide if I wanna wait until after vacay or not!

"Aye, happy huntin," she responded with a willing and slightly wolfish (if wolves can ever grin unwolfishly?) grin.  He went to play in the waves, and she was tempted to join; but no.  She needed to check in with some others, and that was usually best obtained by runnin the territory circuit.