Blacktail Deer Plateau The end of the end of the end.
11 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Activity 
  Am bringing Bells in to kill her off, it should sustain the pack for a week or two. @Liri @Kavik @Grezig @Corvus @Minori @Thorleif @Ruenna @Kenkou @Illidan , (Since my other character Elixir is recovering from her injury she wouldnt participate in this hunt. But I'll post with her atleast once with a cameo). Anyone is welcome to participate/not participate. 

Bells will start out with 100 HP since there are so many wolves. :) Happy Hunting!

Bells came through the flatlands stomping and messing up what she could. No where felt safe at all. She neared someone's territory that was apparent with all the wolf scents around. Her big nostrils flared as she snorted and trespassed through. She knew there might be consequences for this but continued her walk into the beautiful place anyway. First she had come through the woods, branches tangling up in her horns making her just as angry as when she entered. 

The chocolate beast hoped she would come in contact with the wolves. She hoped they would try her, or anyone would try her for that matter. So far it seemed that she was alone. She grabbed a few gulps of some grass after exiting the forest into an open space. She tipped her head back and mewed loudly hoping to grab someones attention.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori was resting when the breeze blew to her the scent of something similar to the deer she hunted at home. Immediately she rose to her paws and headed in that direction, though she froze when she saw the size and bulk of the beast that had entered. The size alone made it dangerous but the rack of antlers it had on it's head was even more so. Instead of fear though, she felt a surge of excitement and watched it silently for a few moments. It was behaving recklessly, bellowing out and stomping around as if trying to attract attention. If that's what it wanted Minori would be happy to comply, so she tipped her head back and howled for the pack before slowly circling the beast to keep it in the area.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig was relatively nearby when she heard Minori’s howl and had, in fact, been following the crashing sounds of the caribou for a few minutes. She could smell it so she knew it wasn’t a bear or anything, but still. Caribou could be incredibly dangerous and it would be stupid of the Beta to attempt to fight it alone. She had been just about to send up her own call when Minori’s sounded in the air. With a satisfied grunt to herself, Grezig made her way over to Minori, chuffing to let her know she was here. “Caribou,” she said, though she knew Minori had seen it; they could both see it from where they were standing. “Wait. We need more wolves than just us to take it down.”
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The call of one of his wolves brought his head from the ground where he had been inspecting the scent trail of the caribou that appeared to have entered their territory. It seemed the beast had been spotted and the pack was being called for a hunt. Kavik moved quickly in the direction of the howl and soon reached the spot where Minori and Grezig were watching the caribou in the distance. His pack back home had hunted these a few times; they were dangerous and required many wolves and a good strategy to bring down. With a nod in greeting to the two females, he moved to stand next to the beta before quietly saying, We'll need most of the pack to take it down. He felt a spike of anticipation as he thought about the hunt that was soon to take place; he had no doubt more wolves would show up. Kavik briefly moved his emerald gaze to the two females before returning them to the caribou, and he watched the beast's every movement as he waited to see who else would show up to participate in the hunt.
I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He'd been napping under a familiar bush when a howl pierced his unconscious mind. Corvus jolted awake, and it took him a moment to register that the howl had come from Minori. It summoned everyone. Curious as always and with concern pricking at him, he pulled himself out from under the bush and loped in the call's direction. Once close enough to pick out several figures, he slowed to a trot, and then a walk. Minori, Grezig, and Kavik were at the scene, and following their gazes revealed what the disturbance was: Caribou. Such northern beasts were a rare sight for him. Why was it alone here so close to them? Did it have a death wish?

He stopped a foot behind Kavik just as the alpha said, "We'll need most of the pack to take it down." Corvus glanced over at Minori for a moment with an unreadable expression but quickly returned his gaze to the irritable caribou. He'd remain silent unless words were necessary, waiting for others to arrive.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue heard the call from the heart of the plateau and made her way toward the borderlands swiftly, but also with a healthy amount of caution. She certainly wouldn't want to go barging on in if there was some kind of altercation going on-- it was always wisest to assess a situation from afar before approaching. 

The caribou was certainly out of place this far south in the summertime, and it was behaving quite erraticly to boot. This raised questions in Rue's mind, but they were questions for which she knew she would never recieve answers. The young woman could see wolves gathering at the edge of the clearing-- presumably her new packmates, since they were within pack territory. Rue melted back into the forest in order to give the caribou a wide berth as she approached the group. 

Rue's appearance was cautiously strategic-- she wanted to approach the group from behind Kavik, so that he would be somewhat in-between herself and the other pack wolves, should anyone get aggressive at the sight of a stranger. Rue carried the scent of Blacktail Deer Plataeu, but not all wolves took the time to smell a strange wolf before attacking. As Rue joined the group, she nodded a slient greeting, allowing her gaze to capture that of each present wolf in turn.  

"It's behavior is reckless, erratic.." Rue observed, voice barely above a whisper. They might assume that she was speaking quietly because there was prey nearby, but if we're being honest that's pretty much how she always speaks. "..We should be careful. Can't trust it to act like normal prey.." Rue dropped her gaze deferentially after speaking her warning, signaling to the others that her speech was in no way an appeal for any kind of leadership role in this hunt. She was the newest recruit after all-- she was simply here to take orders. 
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
one post from me

Elixir was near the berry bushes when the sound of a howl had echoed through the forest and met her ears. She turned her head black and then started slowly toward it. She knew that there would be others at the place before her it was a given right now so she didn’t make it a point to hurry herself. 

The wolfdog was fine halfway through but then she pick up her front right leg and limped her way to the call. Upon arrival she saw Minori, Kavik, Corvus, Grezig, and Ruenna the new wolf she hadn’t met yet. She dipped her head in greeting to them and then shot a glance over everyone to see a Caribou. It was a strange sight. Elixir had never saw one in her short lifespan but the excitement for her was short lived when she came to the conclusion her shoulder wouldn’t allow her to participate. 

I... I can’t” she whispered softly and looked down at the ground slightly embarrassed. She hoped this wouldn’t harm their ability to take it down or let the pack down.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The call reached her from within the Door, as she was storing some of her dried medicinal plants there, her ears pricking as it echoed faintly from the heart of the territory. The summons appeared to be from Minori and the Alpha felt a concerned frown forming; she hoped nothing was wrong. 

She was relieved, and immensely excited, to see that her pack was gathering to observe a caribou. Liri approached silently, eyeing the creature with fascination. It was a northern creature, like she, and she hadn't seen or tasted caribou since coming south. Her mouth salivated at the thought of the meat and she had to force herself to look away from the promise of such a meal, lest she start openly drooling. She brushed against Kavik, nuzzling him as she passed.

She hadn't heard what the others said but the fae caught Elixir's words as she neared. The sylph approached the wolfdog, touching her muzzle to Elixir's uninjured shoulder to catch her attention. 

"It's alright, no one blames you. You need to heal. It's a good idea to sit this one out," she reassured softly, for the words were meant for the Gamma alone. Sympathy shone in the fae's dark eyes, for how many hunts had she missed on account of her leg? 

It was certainly odd, the caribou's behavior, she thought as she moved away to observe the ungulate. Yet, there was no sickly sweet smell, the kind usually associated with sickness. Perhaps the reindeer was just that stupid.

Her gaze found Kavik, her brows lifting slightly. "What if half the pack came at her from the front and the other half from the rear?" The caribou wouldn't anticipate that; they were herd animals who were used to being chased across the taiga. Their survival depended on out running the wolf on their heels and Liri guaranteed if one group chased her from behind, only for the front group to cut her off as she tried to make her escape - dinner was practically served. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

11 Posts
Ooc —
sorry for the wait for this next round.

Ah finally, she could smell fresh wolf. Bells had waited for this for a while, she wanted to fight and if this was the way she went then so be it. “Come at me” She said harshly into the air as she leaned her head back.

The chocolate beast had moved forward a couple steps. Her nostrils were still flared and she pawed at the ground with her hooves. While she was waiting to see the wolves, a mouth full of grass sufficed her hunger.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Sorry! I forgot Minori was on PPC so I forgot it was my turn OOPS!
Rolled Damage out of 10. Got a 5.

Grezig was in the midst of bloodlust and was having trouble concentrating on anyone’s words. She wanted this creature dead. They needed the meat. Liri suggested that half the pack go from the front and the other half go around the back of it. “I’ll go for the front,” Grezig growled, keeping her eyes locked on the caribou. She was strong enough. She could take its heat if it had any to give. She’d still have to be careful—a kick could be fatal—but she’d hunted these creatures before. She could handle herself. Without waiting for anyone’s signal, she sprinted through the trees towards the caribou, snapping at its ankles, lunging for its leg. She got in a bite, but it wasn’t as strong as she wanted it to be, and she couldn’t keep her grip.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Rolled for damage on tabletop: 1d10 = 6

Kavik thought Liri's plan sounded good. The beta stated she would go for the front and wasted no time heading that way. I'll go for the front, too, the alpha stated, before running after Grezig. He was familiar with these animals, and he knew he could handle the beast. He watched as Grezig connected with one of the creature's legs but soon lost her grip. Kavik came up soon after and lunged himself at the tender part of that same leg where it connected to the rest of the animal's body. He felt teeth sink into flesh and began ripping and tearing, hoping to inflict enough damage to slow the creature down some. The caribou swung it's massive antlers in his direction, forcing the alpha to let go as they just barely grazed his shoulder. He hit the ground running, though, and circled around to the other side to launch another strike at just the right time.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
unsure if the dice rules still apply since Bells is inactive but rolled a 10 so her HP would be 79 if I'm not mistaken?

Liri's plan was readily accepted - causing her to freeze in surprise - but she soon leapt into action after Grezig and Kavik. Given that most of her comrades had opted to attack the caribou from the front, Liri circled around to attack from the rear. While the other two distracted Bells, Liri darted towards the reindeer's right side.

As her antlers swept towards Kavik, Liri ducked beneath her underbelly - careful to avoid Bells's sharp hooves. Her head twisted, her jaws ripping into the caribou's tender underbelly. Blood poured onto the fae's face as she store into Bells - leaving her blind as she stumbled away for fear that the ungulate would kick out at her in pain with those powerful legs and dangerous hooves. 

The leader rubbed desperately at her stinging eyes with a raised foreleg, so she might return to the hunt as soon as possible.

856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue nodded at Liri's plan, grateful to have such a decisive leader. Liri's pack trusted her completely; they leapt into action as soon as she made the suggestion. With Grezig and Kavik attacking from the front, Rue hung back a little, and she found that Liri was doing the same.  Rue closed the distance to the prey with Liri beside her, and when they reached the creature she split away to attack from the side opposite Liri. It felt a little like deja-vu; this was exactly how Liri and Rue had attacked the last time they hunted together. 

Rue's lunge was only microseconds behind Liri's, her attack aimed for the sensitive hollow of the flank where the deer's rear leg attached. The girl came away with a mouthfull of flesh, and fresh blood coated all of her senses. 
rolled a 10 as well
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori watched as two took the front and two took the back, leaving her to make a split decision. She felt she would be in the way joining either end, so she instead went straight for the belly. She ran in and ducked under, jaws parting and teeth grabbing hold of flesh biting down and tearing open the flesh of her stomach a few inches wide before she heard Bell's bellow and looked up ducking and leaping away just in time to avoid getting slammed by the giant rack. "Crazy foolish Elk!" she spat trying to calm her racing heart.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Roll: 6. Minori didn’t roll so I’m not sure what to do there. Bell’s HP is 63 but we can speed this up if you guys want since she went inactive. I also have no idea who’s turn it is so, sorry if I skipped someone.

Grezig continued antagonizing the caribou from the front. It swiped its antlers at her and she jumped back. Still, they grazed her across the face and she yelped in pain at the sting. Then she jumped forward and bit at the creature’s leg again. She couldn’t let up to see what the others were doing so she hoped they were doing well.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Yeah, I'd say let's just start wrapping up, since the thread has been going for a little bit.

Kavik winced as the creature's antlers grazed the beta's back, but she seemed fine as she lurched forward to connect with the beast's front leg. The alpha took the opportunity to rush the caribou as well, aiming for the tender place where its other front leg connect to its body. He felt his teeth connect with flesh and he forced his jaws down hard to take hold there. He tore his head back and forth, hoping to cause more damage and hopefully weaken their prey enough that the rest could start taking it down.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Viciously scrubbing her face, she blinked against the sting of blood in her eyes. Water pooled in her dark optics in response, allowing her to make out the silhouette of Bells and the wolves attacking her as she squinted against the tears. Her freckled face was left fearsome - masked with scarlet blood - as she charged back into the fray. Her pack mates had injured the tetrapod further and it looked like Kavik's onslaught was the beginning of the end for the powerful caribou.

Liri weaved amongst her pack mates, some who had stumbled back as she had and others who were still engaging the northron creature, circling around to the caribou's front. Grezig and Kavik had the creature's front legs - right at the tender junction between shoulder and foreleg - but the ungulate's throat was wide open on account of the sweeping antlers Bells had been retaliating with. The caribou was too distracted by the attacks on her legs - bellowing loudly in pain - to defend her vulnerable jugular. Liri leapt, mustering as much strength as she could with her hind legs despite the streak of pain that flared up her bad leg. The Alpha's jaws clenched shut around the caribou's throat as she dangled - her teeth clicking and her jaws smashing together so hard, she thought they might break. 

The leader hung on desperately, prepared to be tossed around by the reindeer but determined not to let go before it could be weakened further. Her teeth ground in deeper bit by agonizing bit, slippery,  coppery blood sliding between the seam of her mouth and Bells's neck to drip onto the wolves below. 

856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
We have permission to pp Bells's death, so I'm going to start taking it in that direction if that works for everyone.

Rue stumbled away to allow her vision to clear, spitting blood, flesh, and fur out onto the plains grasses. When she looked back up, she saw that the caribou had been ripped open in multiple places, and the wolves were beinning to latch on in hopes of bringing the beast to the ground. Grezig and Kavik were attached above the caribou's forelegs, and Liri was dangling above them from the throat. Rue leapt up for a spot beside Liri, teeth closing in  behind the creature's jawbone. 

With the weight of four wolves on her front, the great beast sank to her knees, bellowing out a dying cry. As the creature lowered its body to the ground, Rue's paws connected with earth once more and she was able to shift her grip, digging her jaws further into the carbou's throat. The creature tossed its head in fear, jerking Rue (and any other wolf still attached to its throat) to and fro. It was all Rue could do to simply hold on.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Liri lunged for the beast's neck causing blood to drip down on his head as she dangled in the air above him. He was about to let go and throw his weight on the best to knock it to the ground, but Ruenna jumped in then, issuing another fatal bite to the caribou's neck. He moved with the creature as it fell to the ground, and once it was down, he let go and stepped back.

He moved to the beast's abdomen, and in one quick movement, the alpha tore into its stomach and ripped a huge hole there. Blood oozed out, and he repeated the same movement further back, part of one of the animal's organs sliding out a little from the tear he had made. That should do it, he thought as he looked over to the front to see how the others were holding up. Any moment now, the creature would take its last breath.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
I have no idea whose turn it is so…

Bloodlust overtook Grezig’s eyesight for a time. Her vision was tinged with a proverbial red, her breathing hard. Her nostrils flared at the scent of blood and viscera when Kavik tore into the beast’s stomach and it took all of her willpower not to start eating right then. She stepped back, shaking her head a little to clear it. The beast was dead. “It is done,” she rasped, her voice hoarse from exertion. She looked to Liri and Kavik to follow their lead on whether or not she could eat now or if they were meant to go first in the pecking order.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
gonna go ahead and close this since its been open for a while

Ruenna joined her in tearing into the reindeer's jugular, the combined weight of the pair dragging the caribou to the ground. Liri vaguely hoped that her wolves would move before Bells' crashed to the ground, the reverberating thud rattling her bones as she landed on her side. The breath was knocked from her, leaving her to gasp softly against the ground as she struggled to breath through the pain. 

At last, when she could fill her lungs, the sylph rose to her feet shakily. Her ears flickered at Grezig's confirmation that the caribou was dead. 

"Let us eat then," Liri managed, still in pain, her voice loud enough for everyone to hear. With her pack mates gathered around to partake in the meal, the group feasted on Bells. What was left of her would be saved for the coming winter.