Broken Boulder I'm careless when I wear my rebel clothes
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 

The malguk neared the sanctuary in the late morning, about a day after she had left the glacier. She had kept a brisk pace most of the way, reveling in the feeling of being alone and free of her daily responsibilities if only for a couple days. Despite the much needed time to herself, her conversation with Sia still dominated her thoughts. She was pissed and wanted to go after the girl that had hurt him, but she knew he would never let her do that. It was possible for her to just head west after she as done here without returning home; he couldn't stop her if he didn't know she was doing it. Shaking her head, she pushed the tempting thought away; there was no way she go behind his back. There were sure to be hefty consequences if she pulled that shit. 

She stopped just outside the borders when she arrived, her troubling thoughts momentarily ignored as she prepared herself for meeting the leaders. Sia was the more diplomatic one, and he wasn't here to balance out her brash personality. There were a few times Taki hadn't had her older brother around to soften the blow of her special brand of candor, and she had manged fine, so she was certain she could handle this. Besides, it's not like he didn't usually make the same judgments as she did; he was just way better at keeping his thoughts to himself. 

Not wanting to waste any time, the malguk lifted her head and released a howl for the leaders. When she was finished, she stood quietly and waited, interested to learn more about their neighbors.
Inuttuk
Common

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

eris' death seems to bring with it the collective break in fever. the days spent barely conscious blend together into darkness, brief flashes of seabreeze or alarian's scent, and nothing more. he aches still. his steps are laborious and his voice is rough, but there is little else for him to do but make a recovery. or so he tells himself, managing his way to the borders in response to the call. 

(he's done enough lying about being taken care of, after all.)

still, any attempts at hiding his condition are not to the chancellor's tastes: delight has always worn the exact shade of his mood on his sleeve. he makes no gesture towards authority or presence, arriving in front of the woman on trembling legs, his already petite body made scrawny by fever. "yes, hello," he says in a rasp, "you called?"
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

She makes towards the borders with haste as the call comes up.  She does not recognize the voice.  Part of her hopes that this is someone looking to join.  She is thankful for Koume, but the pack could certainly use some fresh blood.

Delight has beaten her to the borders.  She gives him a Look as she passes him; she thinks he should still be in his den recovering, not tending to his duties like a good leader.

But now isn't the time.  It's not her place to lecture him anyway.  She turns her attention to the stranger and offers a smile, dipping her head slightly in greeting.  Hello.  I am Seabreeze, and this is Bracken Sanctuary.  She tilts her head slightly as she looks over this large woman.  She's reminded of Gracious, and it comforts her in a way.  How may we help you?

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Normally the first to arrive to any border call, he arrives last and slightly breathless — the sickness has worn on him, even as it slowly leaves his body, and the Sanctuary's Governor has been sleeping quite a bit as of late. This time, he'd dozed off in Paradise Garden, tucked up next to his sister's grave; when he's not with Delight or trying to be a little more involved with Solomon, that is where he spends his time. It prickles at him in an ugly sort of way to think that he spends more time with his sister in death than in life.
But there's no room for any of those thoughts as he catches sight of the three wolves already gathered at the borders. His gaze pauses a little disapprovingly over Delight, but flicks quickly to the pale, unfamiliar woman who'd issued the call, vaguely registering Seabreeze's presence and words. Hello, He echoes after her, adding: I'm Alarian, the Governor of the Sanctuary. It never really feels any less weird, having to assert his title — but it's a responsibility he takes seriously, and if the woman has business with the pack then he can't avoid involvement.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Her call was first answered by a small, dark-colored male and as he approached her, Taki noticed his slow pace. Just standing appeared to be difficult for him as he stopped in front of her to issue a raspy greeting. Shit, was he sick? Her brows creased a little with concern, (mostly for herself and her own pack) and she fought the strong urge to take a step back since it would probably look pretty rude; she didn't need that to be their first impression of her. 

Before she could answer, a willowy female came to stand in front of the first wolf. She introduced herself as Seabreeze and stated the name of the pack territory. Shortly after the arrival of the dirty-blonde woman, a third, rough-looking wolf came limping up, introducing himself the governor. He was also small, and she wondered if that was like a thing here. She assumed governor meant he was in charge if her understanding of the common word was correct, so she figured he must be that mouthy male's brother. 

I'm Takiyok. My brother and I lead IkKanattuk. We claimed the glacier west of here not long ago, she returned, making eye contact with each of the three leaders as she spoke. Since our territories are close, I thought I should come introduce myself on behalf of my pack, as well as find out more about your pack, The malguk finished with a quick nod.
Inuttuk
Common

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

alarian and seabreeze are quick to show up. he ignores their disapproval -- all of his energy is needed for standing up straight -- though he is mildly relieved when the other two step up to handle talking. that is.. that is probably for the best. delight allows a step back, listening as she introduces herself -- like seabreeze, he thinks of gracious, although his gracious had a different energy to her than this takiyok. 

"i'm delight," delight adds uselessly, realising he's quite forgotten to give his name. "singing-sunlight, chancellor. etcetera. you look like a friend i had once," oh wait, that part wasn't meant to be said aloud. well. embarrassedly he gathers himself, an awkward smile at the corner of his mouth, and sits. "they'll tell you about the sanctuary," he announces.

take it away, seabreeze and alarian.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
ALDJSFL I DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS ME
edit 11/1/18: i had said elsewhere before, but please skip me in this thread.

Delight says, "You look like a friend I had once," and she wonders if they are on the same wavelength.  Gracious' countenance was a little less intimidating, but the resemblance couldn't be disputed.  She casts him a sideways glance before dipping her head.

Only, it wasn't her place, because she was still ranked less than either of them so she defers to Alarian.  Sunspire's habits still hadn't worn off.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He can't help but cast a brief look of concern in Delight's direction, though it's brief. Of course he's acting sick, he was sick, he chides himself silently, turning his focus back to the woman at their borders. Almost as soon as Delight volunteers the two of them, Seabreeze clams up, and Alarian finds himself a little annoyed — why does he have to do the talking?
Oh, right. His Sanctuary. Fuck, he should really do something about that...
Ahem.
Pleasure to meet you, Takiyok. Well, uh — we're a Sanctuary, How many times has he said that in his life? We take in anyone, really — and um, we're pretty laid back. Nothing too special; we're not very exciting neighbors. Actually, we're planning on moving soon — we don't know where yet, but we'll avoid the area around the glacier.
What can you tell us about Ik- uh, your pack? It's probably best if he avoids butchering their pack name, really.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The one that had arrived first introduced himself and, for some reason, informed the malguk that she reminded him of an old friend. Was the universe testing her? What was she supposed to do with that information? She had a couple of not very diplomatic responses to that, but decided to offer only a slow nod before moving her orange gaze to the other two wolves. 

The female only dipped her head, but the governor soon began speaking, and Taki gave him her full attention seeing as he seemed to be the only one offering her anything useful. She was happy to hear him describe themselves as not very exciting neighbors; they didn't need any trouble makers bringing shit to their doorstep. It surprised her to hear that they accepted anyone. Taki wouldn't really call her pack picky or anything, but they wouldn't just accept any random wolf without some kind of idea that they were useful. It was their pack, though, and they could run things however they wanted, even if Taki thought it seemed a little reckless. She was a little annoyed to find out they were moving because it meant her journey here was kind of pointless, but oh well, it might still prove useful to be on good terms with this pack.

She ignored the slight stumbling over her pack's name; it was not the first time someone struggled with the word, and she was sure it wouldn't be the last time either. She had plenty of other things to be irritated about anyway. Well, like I said before, My brother and I lead IkKanattuk. He is the Atausiq, and I am his second. I wouldn't say we let anyone in, but we will offer help to anyone in need, she started, once again moving her gaze from wolf to wolf so she equally addressed everyone there. We pretty much keep to ourselves, and we don't get in anyone's business unless it impacts us in some way, the malguk further explained. If wherever you end up happens to still be nearby, we would possibly be interested in an alliance if that suits your pack as well, Taki offered a second later before settling her eyes back on Alarian.
Inuttuk
Common

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
please skip me if this thread continues! dels just a sick lump

the conversation loses him after his eloquent departure from it, somewhat slumped on the ground. alarian's probably doing a fine job explaining anyway, no need for him. boy he is really killing it these days, he should get a promotion or something. he does manage to pay enough attention to remember ikkanattuk though the foreign words for their ranks evade him -- a pity, if he were more present he would be interested in their language. as it is though, he leaves diplomacy in his partners capable paws, occasionally hiding a sneeze.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He can't help but inch closer to Delight as subtly as he can, not wanting to interrupt the flow of the conversation but too concerned to just ignore him. He nudges him gently when he's close enough, gaze never leaving Takiyok. I don't think we'll be moving too far, He tells her — he could be wrong, but he doubts anyone wants to travel farther than they have to with the pups. And we would definitely be interested in an alliance. What's your brother's name? He doesn't really want to have to ask, but he doesn't know how to pronounce his title — and the last thing he wants, if he ever meets this guy, is to have to call him 'Takiyok's brother'.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The governor stated that he didn't think they would be moving too far, and Taki gave a quick nod in response. She wouldn't wait around or anything, but if they wanted an alliance after they settled, then they knew where to find her and her pack.

My brother's name is Siarut, she answered next. When you have settled, assuming it's not too far, you're welcome to visit out borders and call for us to discuss the alliance further, she added. Not wishing to remain here any longer than necessary, she bowed her head respectively to the trio of sanctuary leaders. Unless you wish to discuss anything else, then I'll be on my way. The malguk's citrine gaze rested briefly on each of their faces as she waited to see of anyone had anything else to add.
Inuttuk
Common

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
wrapping this up! sorry i suck
He nods, committing the name to his memory and wondering if the alliance would be worth it. Takiyok seems a little too harsh for his liking — but Bracken Sanctuary isn't exactly in a position to defend itself, should anything strange happen (like a war), and if the woman's pack is anything like her they'd make valuable allies. He can't imagine they'd ever really need such assistance... but it might be nice to know they could have it. Alright. Thank you, Takiyok. We can discuss more after our move, He sucks in a breath, deciding for the millionth time that he hates trying to be... leaderly.
So he's really, really glad when it's finally over and he can nag Delight about how he ought to rest, not wander the borders.