Blackfeather Woods destiny was close behind her
oh but my darling, what if you fly?
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Shisu had spotted an unusual red tint in her vision, and followed it's view. It was odd, as the dark forest seemed to be voided of colors, and she did not know about the Blood Garden that laid ahead of her. When she did come forward to it, her blue eyes widened in surprise at the large array of roses before her. She marvelled at how rare this could be, and was quick to step into the area, "Wow..!" she said in amazement.

Though quick, she was careful. The damsel knew flowers were beautiful on the surface, but the thorns were not a laughing matter. The red terrian before her dispersed her usual anxiety as she felt too pleased at this discovery. Surely it has been known by the others, but for her, this was a new and attractice place. She was also thankful for the obvious lack of feathery fiends, and it only added to the soothing scene.

Shisu was careful as she got closer to the flowers, and a soft smile came to her face as she closed her eyes and took a deep inhale of the rosen scent.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
The woman who had followed the brat to the border upon her arrival was amidst the roses now, presumably awed at the sight of them. Maegi watched her from the shadows, intrigued. She was soft in looks and words; not the sort of wolf usually attracted to these woods. But she was here, and hopefully by choice--Maegi thought of Coelacanth's trials here and shivered, guilt rising in her throat.

After a few minutes of silent observation, the Melonii strolled forward, Blue fluttering from branch to branch to stay nearby at all times. With a chuff, Maegi stopped just short of the rose garden, the perfume hitting her nostrils like a gust of fresh air. Odious as the woods were, this was a welcome respite.

"Hello," she greeted, gaze coolly appraising as she stared at the stranger. "Who are you, and how long have you been living in Blackfeather Woods?" There were other things to know, to ask, but that would come in time. For now, a name would suffice.
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
The dame physically jumped when she heard a chuff, "oh gosh!" and nervously looked behind her with a frightened blue. Realizing it was another packmate, she was now a mixture of anxiety and embarrassment. An endless issue with Shisu, as she slowly turned around to face the wolf. 

"H-Hello." She stammered through her greeting. Shisu recognized this wolf from days prior, as they came with a group. She came through the situation in worry, but soon left that moment realizing it was a more personal issue. She didn't know the wolf stayed behind. Even though she was recognized, the plush wolf couldn't meet the others gaze and nervously glanced down before introducing herself, "o-oh, uhm. I'm, Shisu, Shisu Marisol Beliveau."

She didn't know why this wolf was asking questions, but she replied, "uhm, for a while?" its been more then just a  few moon cycles, "Kove, uhm, invited me to join."
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Oh, she was nervous. Maegi regarded her carefully, watching the way she stumbled over her words. Perhaps she was new here--but that supposition was proven incorrect with her assertion that she'd been here "a while." She had given a full name, too, which was intriguing. That meant she came from somewhere, someone. A family. Why was she now here?

"I'm Maegi Peryite Melonii," she responded, giving her godname for the first time. Why not? She had felt particularly close to Peryite, these last days. "Kove invited you--how long have you known Kove?" A distant family member, maybe? She wasn't white-furred, but then again, neither was Nyx. And if not family, she must have done something damned impressive to be invited to the woods by the Dark Master himself.
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
She had a full name too, which Shisu learned that not many introduce themselves as such. She has only met wolves who given one name, their given first name. Though so far she usually gave her full name, feeling it was a natural polite gesture on introducing oneself. If she knew how far the lineages went though, surely she'd be as white as a ghost by the shock and wonder. When Maegi gave hers, the plush wolf gave a slight tip of the head and very softly, an almost whisper, "nice to meet you..." 

"W-Well, uhm... Quite a few cycles ago, he, found me at a meadow..." she still did not know what the meadow is called (wapun meadows), but what she did know it was far. Across the mountains and into the valley, and where she first came to the region, "a-and.. He just, invited me." When the two first met at the meadows, it nearly a collision, but then it ended in a rather nice conversation. She felt warm remembering the offer he gave Shisu, but she then felt guilty due to the disorder her feelings have been lately. If she hadn't had her face down, perhaps one could see the hesitation she held.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi had a very hard time believing that Kove had taken it upon himself to invite this delicate woman into Blackfeather Woods, especially given, it seemed, that they were not related. Ah, well. She had enough bones to pick with Kove as it was--just toss this one onto the pile. Her timidity was bothersome, though, and Maegi shifted her weight, relaxing her stance and hoping--hoping!--to put Shisu at ease.

"What do you like to do, Shisu?" she asked, voice quiet but firm. "What do you do here?" She hoped it was something useful, something she could learn from the newcomer. They could exchange knowledge and form a kind of friendship, perhaps. Even if they remained acquaintances, Maegi supposed she had no choice but to interact with her sometimes. They were packmates, after all.
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
As much as Maegi wished, only a bit could be granted. Shisu felt relieved there was no hosility despite the blunt questions, but she still felt nervous on meeting this new wolf. Though the wolf before her was welcomed back with open arms, so surely they were a good companion. The damsel only hoped to be able to get along with her. She meekly followed along and sat down to chat with the fellow member in Blackfeather Woods.

However guilt then mixed with the obvious nervous attitude. What did she do? Shisu knew that she was quite useless in terms of hunting and fighting, making her.. Extra baggage. The plush agouti only had a few useful hobbies, "u-uhm, I like, stargazing.. The constellations, and, uhm, the lores are my hobby.." This was not one of them. She never counted it as a skill, but was satisfied on the interest, feeling alright she could not put it as a skill. There was only guilt she had no skills to present.

"I-I, don't do much..." Shisu confessed, "I know, uhm, about herbs and, and poisons though." Even then she couldn't help compare herself to others, who knew most likely knew far more then she did, like Relmyna. The dame didn't know how to put her knowledge to good use.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Oh, gods, she was slow. Maegi suffered through her stuttering speech, halted by fillers, only to perk up at the mention of stars. Herbs, poisons, yeah, yeah--she knew those. But stars? Constellations? That was something she could learn. And what was this about lores? She had Maegi's attention, now.

"I don't know much about the stars," Maegi admitted, with a smile that was almost kind. "Can you teach me, sometime? We can go out to the plains on a clear night." Come to think of it, that sounded quite nice. Maybe she would bring Mou along--he might enjoy it, too.

"I also deal with poisons and herbs," she continued. The girl cocked her head slightly. "Do you test them on yourself or on other creatures?" Maegi asked, remembering how Cicero had advised her, long ago, to try them on foxes and other loathsome animals. Of course, she hadn't taken that advice. . .but perhaps others did.
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Her blue eyes gleamed in delight that someone showed interest, "o-of course!" A slow, obvious wag of her tail from the sheer joy of Maegi's desire to learn of the stars. Shisu was more then happy to share of her soft spot toward the sky and share their tales and wonder. Oh where would she start? The zodiacs? Mother wolf or even the Ursa Major? Oh gosh she was giddy on just thinking where to begin! Perhaps explaining the sky changes each night.. And each new story appeared above. She held a tint of a smile on just the thought. 

Which strengthened hearing that the wolf held similar hobbies. Though it only lasted for a few moments before her she held a startled expression, then one of shock, "n-no!" Shisu was quick to deny such a horrible plot, "I only, study... and, and make note at what they look like..." She would never know what they did if it were not for her mentor. Medicine and poisons. She never put them forth into use... Especially toxins on the innocent.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She gave a nod, satisfied. It was a plan, then. She was about to ask some star questions when Shisu cut in with a shocked exclamation, professing not to have tested the plants. But if she didn't test them. . . "How do you know what they do, then?" Maegi asked, giving her new acquaintance a skeptical look.

Wait, was she really saying that she had never gotten high on her own supply?

Maegi lifted her skinny shoulders in a brief shrug, shaking it off for now. Whatever the meek woman answered--if it was even an answer at all--she now understood that she had work to do. Teaching her, for a start. And then looking at the stars. Perhaps they could combine the two?
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
"I only..  Remember them." Shisu knew what to look out for potential poison factors, especially in animals as they were more easy to identify. Plants were usually memorizing from what she was taught, and simple assumptions. It wasn't something she wanted to learn either, more it was forced upon.

"M-My mentor, showed me.." Who made her sort out poisonous plants, in exchange for star tales. Shisu didn't mind though, and gained insight of poisons and venoms, as well as herbs. She was more inclined to sort out herbs then the poison.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She thought of all her mentors in plants and poisons. Cicero, for a time. And Hemlock. . .and Reed--Reed! She missed the fiery girl desperately, despite their occasional spats. Two hard-headed girls were bound to clash sometimes, after all. Her mouth twisted downward as she thought of the island, sadness in her gaze, then she turned back to Shisu, nodding toward the forest.

"Would you like to help me look for herbs right now?" Maegi asked in gentle invitation. She'd rather collect drugs, but if this woman insisted. . . Ah, well. It was bonding time. And she could dig a little bit further into her history. If she wasn't part of Kove's family, where was she from?

fade this out? <3
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
sounds good!

Shisu dipped her head to the side in curiosity to the females gloom. She wanted to ask what was wrong, and hope Maegi was okay, but before she did the subject changed. For a moment she looked at her and continued in thought about it, but shook her head at it. She remembered talking to Relmyna who didn't want to discuss it, and with the change of subject perhaps she didn't want to either. In another day she may bring it if the saddened attitude to continue. 

The plush figure changed to a meek smile and nodded to the proposal. Shisu hasn't collected many herbs since coming to the woods... She could already hear her mentors lecture on preparing stock pile and the procedures of sorting them, "I'd, love too." She said, for once without a stuttering word.