Dragoncrest Cliffs "With it or on it."
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
I think the post order now is Mallaidh > Opalia > Blixen > Raleska!

She does not see the same thing Blixen does. The dark, stormy night cloaks most of their work, and though she’s adjusted well, her veins course a new sensation through her. The reality of the death will come later but she soars in high anyway, flying leaps and bounds in a matter of seconds. The child’s thrashing is mostly unnoticed as she’s overpowered by two others and forced to the ground. At first, she’s set to kill as she feeds off the last one (not a killer, not a killer, not a killer) but Blixen doesn’t take the chance she’s given.

Still, the enemy thrashes on the ground with hateful spewing. Mallaidh holds her down with all she has, smearing blood everywhere she touches and she looks up to watch Blixen but she does not end her life. Her heart pounds feverishly in her chest and she closes her eyes, steels her jaw to keep her flailing to a minimum, and waits for further instruction.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
The stranger kept up a fight, ruckus and all, even at the mercy of Blixen and Mallaidh. A piece of her was impressed she kept going for it, even outmatched, and on foreign turf where her packmate freshly lay dying. Was she soon to join him? Or..?

Opalia wasn't sure where she was needed to fit into this picture quite yet, but kept close, furs bristled and ready to be any necessary assist without overcrowding the situation--she didn't want to be in the way! Her bite was not nearly as big, or as strong as theirs, but her adrenaline had it all going fast in her head, which ached newly as her blood clotted to the side of her face. She snapped here, there, and swung in close only when it seemed worth it. As inexperienced as she was, she tried to find her cues in what the older pair did, and they had the Rusalka intruder pinned soon enough.

While relieved to see her restrained, therefore less of a risk, the kru was certainly wondering what should come next before any sense of victory could begin to seep in. She kept her hackles tall, and stare painfully sharp, observant, as she tried in vain to steady her own breathing despite the scent of blood screaming so loudly at her senses.
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
i hooope this makes sense?? lmk if i need to clarify haha

another scream tears from the girl, unsettling as it rattles around blixen's adrenaline-rushed brain. a frustrated snarl escapes her as her target continues to thrash against them (though it's not like she can blame her, she'd do the same if their positions are reversed -- but ow, kid or not, she bites like a bitch). "hold still," she barks, pressing her down harder into the dirt. the sky ripples above, as if the weather itself decided to punctuate blixen's orders. but she does not move to tear the girl's throat, bearing the brunt of her vicious attempt to get free, and snaps, "i'm not going to kill you, though i should." it'd be well within her right in the situation but blixen doesn't find honor in taking out a child. unfair advantage and all of that.

besides, she hasn't forgotten nomi's call. "try to escape and i'll break your legs," blix says, shooting a glance at furi. on her own she's not big enough to haul a flailing child anywhere, injured or not, but with furi and opalia as backup she thinks she can manage. "furi, grab her," the fleimkepa instructs quickly as she moves to get her teeth around one of the girl's front legs, ready to make good on her ultimatum if she attempts to flee before they can drag her along with them.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Quickly overwhelmed by brute coercion, Raleska was forced to hold still. As motionless as her body was, her throat never ceased its rumblings; she distrusted every wolf here, and the explosion of Eurycrates' viscera from flesh was still brimming fresh on her mind.

They had killed him, and they would kill her too. Her body shuddered with adrenaline and anger, a strange concoction that made her a strange mix of drunkenly sharp, and dully insensitive to the teeth that pressed against her fur.

She was panting when Blixen threatened to break her legs, and while there was still some fight left in her, Raleska had little choice but to accept her fate. Grimly, the girl thought of how Svalinn or Caiaphas would look if they were in this situation - and defiant as ever, her yellow eyes focused on Blixen, her breath raspy with choked, almost hysterical growls.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Fading this off here into the next thread. Leaving it open if anyone wants another reply. <3

Mallaidh’s heart beats heavily in her ears so loud she only hears about every other word and only moves to work and keep the girl on the ground. Everything happens so fast that she wishes it would just slow down. She can’t keep one coherent though in her head at a time, her head pounding with some weird mix of pain and adrenaline. Each kick, each snarl, each twist the girl offers sends another wave and instinctively she bites down against her hip even harder.

Furi, she hears and snaps her head. She turns and lurches forward over the girl for something for more control and lands just beneath her scruff, above her shoulders. It’s enough of a grip, she thinks, before the pair start to move her forward. Opalia helps from the rear and together they work to carry the girl into all the mayhem awating.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes