Moonspear heavy-weight
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Tagging @Charon and @Amekaze but its open to anyone!

He couldn't climb the mountain - or, more appropriately, he should not try despite the urge to retreat to the higher areas. @Speedy was with him, leading him across the invisible line and in to his father's domain, and once Revui was there he found a thin patch of snow beneath some twisting trees and collapsed there. His first desire was to sleep. His body was worn out from all the adrenaline as well as the blood loss, but every time he felt himself begin to drift off he was startled awake again by an unseen force. The stinging of his wounds might have been preventing him from sleeping peacefully. Or the shame of his defeat (which was more likely). Either way, he lurked in the dark of the wood and sat unmoving, moored by the weight of his failure, and dreading the looks on his parents faces when they inevitably came to see what he'd done.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
The journey back to safety was painfully long both literally and figuratively. She had kept up her promise to herself to get her protector back home safe, no matter how much it took out of the healer. The empath's own wound was throbbing and slowly oozing blood, and by the time they made it to the bottom of the mountain, she almost passed out as the weight of the much larger wolf left her. The only thing keeping her aware was her worry for him. He looked rough and had collapsed to the ground. She moved to his side watching over him as worry and guilt continued to torment her thoughts. She called for her alphas before falling silent, watching his injured form as if something was going to come out of the trees and drag him back to the awful place with the awful blackfeather woman. But they were safe here--for now. She was likely to be tossed out on her ass after they heard what happened.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
On her way to answer the howls, her hackles rose up into an ugly, serrated ridge the instant she smelled the blood on the cold mountain air. Tensions were already staying taut, as of late, so this wasn't helping—already, without knowing more so far. She kept her purpose very to the point, and slid from the shadows of the woods wordlessly at first. She went honing in on Revui's silvers. Speedy, nearby, warranted half a glance. She rumbled, low and worried, to greet them both, though her focus was on assessing this. Ame circled around him, closing in that way, as her stare hardened.

Seeing her youngest son bloodied, and a medic of their own too, certainly did not bode well. Though outwardly here in a chilling composure, she burned. Between her teeth, she didn't let the thought take shape yet. Instead: Blackfeather? Redhawk? Or.. ? What happened? she asked, now seeing better the extent of his injuries as she came in close. Speedy's.. less so, but she was becoming more aware of the extent of this by the second. Another quick, frustrated look between them, and she wiggled her nose over the scent of vaguely familiar Blackfeather worked into his coat.

This finding granted a new layer of depth, and with her crosshairs knowing a good target, she had to find out the rest. They both looked the part of such strife, and she was in need of some explanations. Can you move? she asked them both and splayed out her ears. The rendezvous would be best, Lyra could probably meet them there too. Naturally, she mainly wanted to usher them further into the territory, and to where she could situate them for a rest, safer into their depths. After all, theirs were returning wounded often enough lately that she was truthfully protective of them (and their trails) first, and attentive to their injuries second—since they both appeared conscious, for now, and not at immediate risk for impending death that she could see coming for them, either.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
They must have been quite the sight; the giant Revui flanked by the petite Speedy, both bloody messes. The boy was like a boulder while the  medic was akin to a little bird fretting over him.

When his mother found them she, of course, was soon set in a panic. Revui could smell her when she came up close, but the scent of his own blood was pungent enough to cloak her movements - there was little to no chance he'd hear her footsteps; she was the queen of this mountain and even in a frenzy she was silent like a shadow.

He did hear the edge to her voice, and when Revui opened his eyes at first all he saw was red, which he tried to blink away. The silhouette of his mother took form after that, and her eyes darted between the two of them. He couldn't meet them, and stared at the dirt and the snow by his face.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
The alphess of course had the questions she expected her to have. What happened, most expected of all. The panic in her voice tore at Speedy's heart even more, and she offered the other woman a pained expression before speaking. I was out looking for herbs, and--I didn't realize who she was at first, she started, guilt forming in her chest all over again. She swallowed hard and continued, I meet strangers all the time while I'm out, and I didn't think...she turned out to be from blackfeather. She paused, thinking of the fear that had shot through her when she realized she was alone with a much bigger and stronger enemy; the way she had searched for any possible way out of the situation If it hadn't been for him, I'm not sure what would have happened. She left out the part where he had dealt her the wound on her neck, not realizing who she was at first. She wouldn't tell anyone. She knew it was an accident, and in the end, he had saved her, so she didn't even care. I stopped his bleeding as much as I could, but I didn't have all the things I needed out there. The empath looked back over her injured packmate, worry filling her expression once more. I think I can make it farther inside the borders, but I'm not sure he can. I had to help him most of the way, she explained, looking back to Amekaze, trying to gauge how angry she was.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
The call didn't fall on deaf ears. Charon made his way there as soon as he could, for he sensed a note of urgency there. When he arrived he saw Revui on the ground, wounded. Unfortunately he'd just missed all the things Speedy had shared with Amekaze and so he stared her down dominantly and demanded: "The fuck happened?!" It was very clear that Charon had no patience to spare. His hackles bristled protectively, even though there was very clearly no threat currently around them. It made him feel al the more agitated, unable to protect his brood from outside threats.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Her son's silence was heavier than normal, worrying her. Speedy was soon on the answers, and Ame's expression creased the more she heard and the more the scene was set for her. A low exhale and this, well, where to start?

Blackfeather, of course. This mention irked her, she knew they had been snooping around nearby, and already Moonspear had tangled with the one that hadn't hesitated to incite said violence here. What did she look like? she asked, wanting to be absolutely clear her suspect was good to go on here. It didn't sound like Speedy had known her from previously, either, so Ame ruled out past issues easily. Likely, it was looking like she was jumped for being of Moonspear. Where was this? she asked, picking for more details, and Charon's arrival punctuated that much for her, just after she had pivoted to look the medic over better.

He was bristling, so her hackles rippled anew as she tensed, head lifting and tail swishing up. She was still deciding exactly how conflicted she was, especially with the overwhelming distraction of blood—Revui's, hers—clouding everything. As if the aggressive neighborhood lowlives acting up, a wounded medic, and enraged mate weren't enough already. Her irritation was set, though, and beginning to fester.

Aiming to spare Speedy so she could focus on the new info, she interjected first. A Blackfeather wolf happened.. while she was out gathering herbs. Revui got involved, she summarized, watching Charon for a beat before she returned to her son's immediate side. He needs rest, she abridged, in lieu of actually mentioning his finer details. Ame would hear what else she needed to, but really, she was wanting him and Speedy both tucked away to maximum safety—and rest.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Speedy tried to explain, and his mother grew agitated, but it wasn't until Charon arrived that Revui finally started to stir. He heard the clipped, to-the-point explanation given by his mother and his ears shifted, slicking back. He shuddered as he got to his feet and as soon as he was up, thought he saw the trees swish and pivot in a great wave; he was dizzy and it wasn't getting any better the longer he lingered here. They wanted him to go deeper in to the territory? He would try. The boy was tired and hurt but he would do as he was told.

His father's rage was strong, it seemed to radiate out from him and bring life back to Revui in the manner of a hearth set aflame; he basked in his rage, wanted to mirror it and go charging back down the hillside towards the woman and her damned forest — raze the whole place, leave it smouldering. Instead he sagged against the dirt, filled with frustration and indecision.

Lewellyn found her first, he slurred slowly, trying to explain the hunting party that had found the Blackfeather wolf prior. She escaped, I followed. Found her with Speedy — tried to... To take her on myself. It was the most he'd ever spoken, and it wasn't entirely true. As soon as his voice died out he breathed a body-quaking sigh and stared at the dirt, unable to look at his parents or the medic he had harmed.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
When the other alpha arrived, there was no doubt that he was furious, of course he was. His anger was palpable, and she swallowed a little as she moved her anxious gaze to Charon, ready to repeat the story of how she had said hi to the wrong wolf and ended up needing help as a result. To her relief, she was spared the retelling by Amekaze who quickly summarized what she had just finished saying. 

She watched as her grey packmate slowly pulled himself from the ground, standing near as if she could keep him from falling. She had expended most of her energy helping him back to the mountain, so anymore strain might send her to the ground with him. Regardless, Speedy remained near, face still painted with worry as he began to answer his mother's questions. She thought at first he might reveal that her wound was from him, but thankfully, he too omitted it from his recounting of the events. 

He hadn't quite answered Amekaze's question, so the healer elaborated. We were in the scorched forest just east of here, she explained with a flick of her nose in that direction. The woman was larger. Her coat was red and cream, and she called herself Mor. She accused me of being a spy--of following her there. She wasn't likely to forget those details for a long time; the woman's features were burned into her memory. 

Now that they were here and safe, her adrenaline was beginning to wear off, and she could feel her injury even more as exhaustion began to settle over her body. Still, she looked between the alphas, ready to answer any other questions they had, occasionally flicking worried eyes to her protector.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
The look of wariness on Speedy's face annoyed Charon, as if she was afraid of his anger when of course he was angry at whoever did this. It was obviously not Speedy who had, and Amekaze quickly confirmed these facts. Some Blackfeather wolf, then. What the fuck. He'd have to go to check on Potema himself, figure out if he could get any information on whatever they were doing. Moonspear had never had problems with Blackfeather Woods except for the little run-in with Vaati. Charon didn't get why it should start now, and he hoped Potema would be able to tell him more.

As Revui spoke of the wolf, Charon's hackles raised. "That one," he growled, remembering well the Blackfeather wolf that Llewellyn had had a tangle-in with. To think she would come looking for more trouble still seemed very, very dumb. They'd let her off with a warning and only minor injuries that time, why would she come back for more? None of it made sense to him. Were they really that dumb and careless?

Red and cream, Mor. Charon noted this, figuring he could use it to tell Potema about -- if she were still around -- when visiting blackfeather. "This won't go unpunished," he decided swiftly. He didn't need to look at Amekaze to know she must feel the same. "I will talk to Potema and make sure this wolf gets punished." He wasn't too sure he'd find Potema there, but then, maybe she'd just been staying low, keeping her head down for a little while, after the war with Redhawk Caldera. Surely, Potema would be on his face if he'd go to her and tell her about this wolf's deeds, and she would agree to deliver the wolf to Moonspear. "Do we know what even they want?" 'cause Charon sure didn't have a clue, based on what all was happening.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
So they hadn't been far off, and that alone rankled her. As longstanding presence of the Spear, she felt hers entitled to at least safe passage in places like that, so near even. Plus, it had been that one wolf based on looks. Her expression remained cold, angry but thinking first. Probably the same one that was scouting around south of here before even that. Highly suspicious, she rumbled, annoyed most of all.

Unless they had multiples all matching a very similar description, and all of it simply lined up too well to not believe so: Ame had seen her scouting, the others confronted her when it got too close, she lost, and then she evidently saw fit to take out her shortcomings on Speedy. Her scowl made those opinions on it known.. and as Charon said, they would pay. They had better.

Her hackles had risen up again. What did they want? No, we do not? she grumbled. Smelling Revui's blood was irritating her and with his sudden burst of life seconds ago, she still really wanted to see him go right to a comfy bed. She nosed his shoulder, wanting him up and here to help—even help carry his ass if they had to. Aside from Llewellyn's visit, they have nothing. I would sure like to know what has them so intent to stirring shit with us suddenly. Clearly she had not been bothered by the golden warrior's trip over when they were housing the Redhawk that was supposed to be dead. In her opinion, they needed to be thanking her for calling that one even for right now. This needless harassment wasn't sound, or justifiable to any real stretch of the imagination. It didn't even sound like they were involving their brotherhood in this step of it, for whatever reason. If they meant business, were they underestimating Moonspear that badly? They should know better, the dark alpha growled before she went back to trying to help her son along.

Come on, she sighed, to Revui and Speedy both when she pointed her way towards the rendezvous—or, as near as they could get. As always, she would deal with the rest later, after these bleeding bodies were no longer priority, and call Lyra shortly (after finding out what Speedy had easily on hand too). Charon could get his head start on the Blackfeather matter.. or, well, who knows what else. He got a last simmering glance from her, sure that they would revisit this topic soon.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
All they did was talk, talk, talk, and it was hard enough for Revui to focus — so when, finally, his mother ushered him to stand he bolted upright with a swoon to his hulking body; he almost crashed down again but managed to take a few steps and steady himself. There was no more use for words according to him — but his father would be going to the vile Woods in pursuit of the woman he attacked, and all the boy could think was, I'm so sorry, and I should be going with you. What if something went wrong? Revui would never forgive himself.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She listened quietly as the alphas discussed the events and what to do about blackfeather. It seemed Charon knew someone from that pack and was going to confront her about what had happened. Speedy hoped that would resolve things, but a small part of her wondered if those kinds of wolves could even be reasoned with. 

The exhaustion and pain were continuing to get more intense, making her brain feel foggy. So when Amekaze motioned for them to follow, her shoulders sagged a little in relief. She would of course stand here for as long as was needed to answer questions, but was glad that it was no longer needed. She watched with concern as Revui bolted up and swayed a little in response to his mother's invitation to move farther inside the borders. When he seemed to find his feet again, she started to move, ready to deal with their wounds and then hopefully pass out.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Amekaze seemed to have everything under control here. After she shared that there was no indication of why they should've been attacked, Charon nodded and decided he would leave right away. "This is getting out of hand. I'm going to set those fuckers straight." Or rather, have a stern conversation with Potema -- if she was still alive -- or whoever else was in charge now. Charon was fuming, and clearly very angry at that moment. He found it hard to think straight, but he knew that Ame and Speedy'd be able to take care of Revui now.

"Rest up, son," Charon said and he gave Revui a nudge to the shoulder, then turned in opposite direction of Moonspear's territories, making his way to Blackfeather Woods while Ame and Speedy made sure that Revui found a better place to rest and provided him with healing and food.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
He was right, this was too far, and she was not impressed with any of it. Moonspear was not prone to instigating, but they did lash back when they were wronged--and maybe it was time that change, and not for the gentler. Blackfeather could be lucky Charon had some kind of in at all, otherwise there wouldn't even be the chance for an explanation he would potentially present.. but even if he did go there and raise hell immediately, she wouldn't blame him. Her patience was spent, and her frustrations wanted an outlet. Seeing her pack wounded was cause enough. Be safe, she said, softly, when he moved to nudge Revui.

When he was off on his way, she turned all of her worries back onto Speedy and her son, then getting them to rest. She raised a low call for Lyra to let her know they were coming, and focused on helping him along. She would bear the weight of it, and help clean them all up better once situated--soon.